This thing is gargantuan!

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Picked up the 6S+ today (had a 6) and it is HUGE. The extra real estate is nice, but I don't know if I will like the size.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get used to it. I like it, especially 3D Touch, just don't know about its behemoth physique!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow! Picked up the 6S+ today (had a 6) and it is HUGE. The extra real estate is nice, but I don't know if I will like the size.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get used to it. I like it, especially 3D Touch, just don't know about its behemoth physique!

Yeah...like my brother told me...it's stupid huge... His gf got the 6+ way back.. He ended up finally with 6s.. I held them both trying to figure out what I wanted..I couldn't decide...I went to Apple Store still not sure...walked out with 6s+.. I do love it for movies!.. And I use the zoom screen so it really looks about the same icon real estate wise as 6s. It is hard to 1 hand/thumb it like I could with my 5/3GS.. But it does have that reachability feature for that if u want to use it.. it definitely is nice!.. And stupid huge..

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I had a very hard time justifying a 6s Plus, considering that I already have an iPad for movies and TV shows plus I have small hands.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I had a very hard time justifying a 6s Plus, considering that I already have an iPad for movies and TV shows plus I have small hands.

Yeah, well I didn't have any trouble justifying it in my head cuz I don't have an iPad or a mini.. I wanted 1 device that I wouldn't have too much trouble seeing..

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Everyone has different needs, but the extra battery was enough of a reason for me.

Yeah I know and understand that. However I've never said anything like this

Extra battery life, 1080p screen resolution and Image Stabilization are all nice (among other things).

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
When Apple announced the 6Plus I knew I was going big and not looking back. Now got the 6S Plus and love it. Bigger battery, landscape home screen, love it all. After you get used to it, I think it will be hard to diminish in size. Every time I pick up a 6/6S I think Im holding an iPod Touch..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
When Apple announced the 6Plus I knew I was going big and not looking back. Now got the 6S Plus and love it. Bigger battery, landscape home screen, love it all. After you get used to it, I think it will be hard to diminish in size. Every time I pick up a 6/6S I think Im holding an iPod Touch..

My work phone is 5s...feels like a postage stamp now..lol

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The plus model is huge. But is an awesome device. Probably you're going to get used to it in a week
I remember that in the first days that I get my iPhone 6s Plus I was really afraid to let it drop or how to hold it because it's really huge. But today it's normal to me.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I got used to it pretty quickly, had a 4s before this one so quite a difference. But with big hands it's really nice to type.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The size has not been an issue with me since September. It fits nicely in my pockets, even with an Otterbox case. I'm not a one hander, so that wasn't an issue. I love the size.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The lack of the headphone jack is the biggest reason. I've got some great wired listeners I don't want to use through an adapter. Plus I don't want to gamble on the set up of being able to listen and charge at the same time.

I'm not a Bluetooth fan so I've got a wired connection plugging into my car. I also don't see enough of a "WOW!" factor to upgrade.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The lack of the headphone jack is the biggest reason. I've got some great wired listeners I don't want to use through an adapter. Plus I don't want to gamble on the set up of being able to listen and charge at the same time.

I'm not a Bluetooth fan so I've got a wired connection plugging into my car. I also don't see enough of a "WOW!" factor to upgrade.

How did you come up on it? I ask because if you bought it new you might as well wait a couple of weeks and save $100

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
My sister loves her 6s+; it's her first iPhone and she couldn't be happier. I am a one-handed user at times and could not manage it, but it's a great phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73