Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Whaaaaaat

What happens when you touch them then?

Unresponsive. All the others still work. Just not any for Settings, clock, and contacts. You can set a contact to call or email, but can't go to Contacts. I use the Launcher App. The developer said to keep giving Apple feedback on it.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That's a great widget setup. It displays how useful widgets can be when properly set up AND it also validates Apple's decision to not put Widgets on the home screen.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a great widget setup. It displays how useful widgets can be when properly set up AND it also validates Apple's decision to not put Widgets on the home screen.

I'm finally starting to really try to use widgets in iOS and they're actually quite useful. It takes a little work to find some good ones, as not all apps have a decent widget. But I'm starting to like my setup and it's actually making me miss Android even less.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
No man there are no security issues with widgets. They're just part of apps.

I think once ios 10 hits and we get widgets on the left most screen, developers will get motivated to create useful widgets for almost every app.

With android things started from the bottom too you know? It will develop gradually with ios too. But its a very good direction nevertheless and the more people use it, the more they'll develop it.

IOS users won't understand how convenient they are at first. But gradually when they'll see how easy it is to get useful information which they usually don't get or is a hassle to get, they'll appreciate more and more.

Weather and news are just the basics. Something which are useful but very few people take the time out to open the app and learn what's going on. With widgets you get the information there and then all the time. Whether you like it or not, you learn something new. And thats a good thing.

In android I used to put inspirational quotes, news, month information, weather and a few more widgets right on the home screen. They helped me learn new things without taking the time out to do it exclusively.

I'm looking forward to do the same in ios 10 as pulling down the notification bar and swiping left is still a step more than I'd like to do to get my information.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really worked with widgets much, but seeing all the setups and possibilities definitely going to be looking into adding some to my iPhone.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Unresponsive. All the others still work. Just not any for Settings, clock, and contacts. You can set a contact to call or email, but can't go to Contacts. I use the Launcher App. The developer said to keep giving Apple feedback on it.

Are you sure they disabled them and it's not just that the app needs to be updated for iOS 10?

Seems a bit silly of them to disable them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After being added to the Launcher App beta, a new feature is the "Show more/show less". I like that because I have many Launcher widgets.
d298c634931208d297d217c831ee93a0.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see you're using ios 10. Is it better in terms of usability of widgets? Just want to know. How has your experience been so far?

I like it better than in iOS 9. It's not really that different. More access locations and a few new features. But basically the same. You can still access from the notification center. It's just not called the "today" screen.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I like it better than in iOS 9. It's not really that different. More access locations and a few new features. But basically the same. You can still access from the notification center. It's just not called the "today" screen.

But hasn't widgets sitting on the left most screen affected the way you use them? You don't have to pull down from the notification bar and swipe left anymore.

Do you think their location has affected the ease of use in someway too?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative