anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Switched to android after using the iPhone 3GS to 5S. Used android for 2 and a half years and loved it. Switched back to ios to check out iOS 10. Was amazed how I could find almost all the widgets I used on Android on iOS. I know ios people don't really care about widgets but I do.

And although I hate the placement of widgets on iOS 9, I do like the little selection appstore currently has and I'm really really looking forward to seeing widgets on the left most screen just like on Oneplus (shelf) and nexus (Google now) once I get ios 10.

I know we can download it even now but I want to wait for the final release. That way I know it's fully baked and ready.

Having said all that, what widgets do you use? Now I wish I could attach a screenshot here but the app won't let me. So I'll just list down the ones I use daily. These widgets live in my today area in the same order as mentioned.

Any do; tasks widget
Weather live; weather widget
Widget cal; calender widget
Google news; local news
News 360; international news
Espn; live scores
Daily Quote; inspirational quotes
Dictionary.com word of the day; to improve vocabulary

What widgets do you use and why?
Are you excited to use widgets more efficiently on iOS 10?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Android user and IOS user. I'm very interested in good widgets. I haven't explored this area on IOS 10 yet but I will.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Such a boring place to discuss things. Ios users don't really care about productivity I guess.

Along with weather and the usual, I have widgets by an app called Launcher. It offers many different short cut widgets to a variety of places. Apple has restricted those to the settings app and clock app. But there's still plenty. This is only one section of them. Also shown is Music Launcher. I have it set to my playlists. Then TuneIn Radio Pro. It offers the last 4 stations I listened to.
f81a1b91095ca4f16ecfb24220b89ca4.jpg

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Along with weather and the usual, I have widgets by an app called Launcher. It offers many different short cut widgets to a variety of places. Apple has restricted those to the settings app and clock app. But there's still plenty. This is only one section of them. Also shown is Music Launcher. I have it set to my playlists. Then TuneIn Radio Pro. It offers the last 4 stations I listened to.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/f81a1b91095ca4f16ecfb24220b89ca4.jpg

Thank you for the reply. The only reason I posted was to learn and discover new widgets. Tune in radio has an excellent widget. Will give it a try.

I recently downloaded Air Launcher. It has neat shortcuts for mobile data and any other setting of your choosing. Its a pain to go into settings, find the mobile data setting and toggle it on and off. This shortcut makes it a lot easier!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. The only reason I posted was to learn and discover new widgets. Tune in radio has an excellent widget. Will give it a try.

I recently downloaded Air Launcher. It has neat shortcuts for mobile data and any other setting of your choosing. Its a pain to go into settings, find the mobile data setting and toggle it on and off. This shortcut makes it a lot easier!

I just tested AirLauncher. Nothing for Settings works with it either. Nor the clock app. Not in iOS 10 beta. It probably still works in iOS 9.3.5 though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A few more of mine. Countdown is a fun way to countdown to an event.
Clocks2 is not available in the App Store. Not sure what happened with that.
Verizon and tinycalc, a nifty little calculator.

5f86c30653afb86cba39804d7cbe5c6c.jpg

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Right now I just have:
The Weather Channel
My Verizon Data
Amazon
Battery Life
CALC Widget
Flashlight w/ Compass
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/68ac0d406ba9e8d1fe8ead2df9190f59.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/c4b2b2541bcd125d6dd68d50b8c88e6f.jpg

How are your widgets pink?!? And I'm not using ios 10 but coming from Android, i love my widgets. I wish Apple would allow icons to be moved in any spot, instead of going from the top down. That's probably one of the features from Android I miss

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But you can't access the little application icons from the lock screen. There's other advantages and uses.

Yep. A widget is interactive and generally has some functionality of the app itself without having to open the app. An icon simply opens the app. Completely different uses.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
How are your widgets pink?!? And I'm not using ios 10 but coming from Android, i love my widgets. I wish Apple would allow icons to be moved in any spot, instead of going from the top down. That's probably one of the features from Android I miss

Its because I am on iOS 10 and my pink wallpaper I guess makes the widgets look like that.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Air launcher lets me access the mobile data toggle directly from the notification centre. I don't have to go through the settings everytime I want to toggle it on and off.

Plus it looks good too!