low call volume

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone! I have an issue and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas? My call volume on my earpiece is really low. I've checked all the settings and everything is turned up so I don't know what could be the issue. When I'm using bluetooth, headphones, or the speaker, its fine. But when I have the phone to my ear, people seem really far away or super low. My husband has the same phone and case (an Otterbox Defender) and his is just fine. Any ideas? I already tried all the troubleshooting tips with Apple and they set me up an appointment for tomorrow. Did anyone else have these issues? Thanks!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone! I have an issue and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas? My call volume on my earpiece is really low. I've checked all the settings and everything is turned up so I don't know what could be the issue. When I'm using bluetooth, headphones, or the speaker, its fine. But when I have the phone to my ear, people seem really far away or super low. My husband has the same phone and case (an Otterbox Defender) and his is just fine. Any ideas? I already tried all the troubleshooting tips with Apple and they set me up an appointment for tomorrow. Did anyone else have these issues? Thanks!

If u have a case on it take it off and see if it's still low. If the case causes the issue there's nothing Apple will do...if it still does it when case off, they should replace it if it's still under warranty..

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
If u have a case on it take it off and see if it's still low. If the case causes the issue there's nothing Apple will do...if it still does it when case off, they should replace it if it's still under warranty..

yea i still have the problem with the case off. I even tried some tips here on the forums like hearing aid option and making sure noise cancellation was off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yea i still have the problem with the case off. I even tried some tips here on the forums like hearing aid option and making sure noise cancellation was off.

In the meantime, try going to Settings -> General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on.
This works sometimes. It did for my Wife's 5c. It added a good bit of volume on her phone. A little bit on my 5.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
In the meantime, try going to Settings -> General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on.
This works sometimes. It did for my Wife's 5c. It added a good bit of volume on her phone. A little bit on my 5.

I did this and it still doesn't work. Apple is sending me an express replacement. That hold on my card tho lol ouch.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow...well at least you won't be without a phone then..

True! My phone is only 2 weeks old. Sucks that the earpiece is so low. Hopefully the next one will be better. They daid they release the hold once they get the defective phone back.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

If you have a pen brush run the bristles back and forth into the ear piece using some pressure. Do this a few times hit it with some compressed air and your earpiece volume should be back to normal.

What happens is, over time makeup, oils, etc clog the earpiece therefore causing low volume. But cleaning the ear piece should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2