Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Almost switched but for the gods

    So i currently have an iPhone 6Splus. I have a few friends who have androids and one just got the new note 7. I figured today why not upgrade and if I don't like it I'll return it. Cue the story. Ordered online for in store pick up. Decided to go get it about an hour before the store closed. Every thing was good to go, receipt in hand, prepaid. Should have been able to just walk in and walk out. Definitely not the case. My account was strangely locked out. They couldn't process the order. Verizon account services couldn't see any thing wrong, they also said everything was good to go on there end. The gentleman at the store and the lady from account service worked for about an hour trying to come up with a solution. I was going to just cancel the order from my account and buy it in the store but they couldn't do that either. Said I would have to wait a few days. Ended up unlocking my account and I just had them cancel the order. Decided today was not the day for me.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    That's a sign!
  3. #3  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,553 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,668 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    I guess you're meant to stick with the iPhone
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Serves you right!
  5. #5  
    ReVu30's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    102 Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Yep, definitely a sign! My sister made that mistake last year and got a S6, she hates it and can't wait to switch back.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Enter dramatic voice cue:
    No one in his right mind would switch from Apple to Samsung.
  7. #7  
    AustinIllini's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Enter dramatic voice cue:
    No one in his right mind would switch from Apple to Samsung.
    "Friends don't let friends buy Samsung"
  8. #8  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,028 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Wow, what an ordeal o_o
  9. #9  
    Robster33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    I was thinking note 7, i have had a S5 and few other HTC/Motorolla but don't usually last long and back to a iphone, especially as i have a 5K iMac and air 2 now, anyway yesterday i saw a S7 Edge Gold 3 days old and bought it for $450 nothing too lose, thought i would try it and if i liked it grab a note 7 and sell the edge, beautiful looking and nice to hold phone but:

    Colours over saturated people claim iOS is cartoonish, hello.
    Slippery as hell no way i could use without a UAG type case.
    Not as smooth as my 6S, fast but not smooth, did all the tricks and tried Nova.
    Don't like the email and message apps.
    Didn't mind the edge screen but after my 6S was still too big for me.

    Put the S7E on eBay last night and sold for $850 this morning.

    Just came back after trying the Note 7, didn't feel much different to me, different style icons and is bigger again than the 7E, same fast but not smooth.

    So will be sticking with my 6S, games are over, made a tidy profit though, thanks Samsung
  10. #10  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Enter dramatic voice cue:
    No one in his right mind would switch from Apple to Samsung.
    I AGREE 100%.

    No that is not being loud. Just agreeing very much so.
    Tartarus and Evilguppy like this.
  11. #11  
    Nogitsune Micah's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Thank god lol
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    So here's a quick update. Verizon never really cancelled my order. My note 7 actually came in Saturday. I decided what the hell and am trying it out. It actually has some very good features and qualities that i really like. Also has some negatives. Overall I am on the fence about returning it.
    ReVu30, libra89 and Tartarus like this.
  13. #13  
    ReVu30's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    102 Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    So here's a quick update. Verizon never really cancelled my order. My note 7 actually came in Saturday. I decided what the hell and am trying it out. It actually has some very good features and qualities that i really like. Also has some negatives. Overall I am on the fence about returning it.
    I would definitely try it out while the return window is still open! Good luck with your decision!
  14. #14  
    Damien_Eternal's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    That right there should be telling you something. Don't switch to Samsung.
  15. #15  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    I love making the switch and playing with new phones and I will even throw my SIM in an Android for a few days just for something new. But the thought of actually not owning an Iphone scares me. I rely so much on the phone and ecosystem. My entire family is Apple and my digital life depends on it
    libra89, Tartarus and Aubbre4 like this.
  16. #16  
    phlamethrowre's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    I love making the switch and playing with new phones and I will even throw my SIM in an Android for a few days just for something new. But the thought of actually not owning an Iphone scares me. I rely so much on the phone and ecosystem. My entire family is Apple and my digital life depends on it
    When Apple announced iMessage I thought it would never catch on. We already had sms, why would we need another messaging service. I see now that iMessage and FaceTime were both brilliant marketing moves. Once you get locked in to them and everyone you know also uses them you're pretty much stuck.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  17. #17  
    chrisforpm's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    I like playing around with Android but I always find myself coming back to iphone. Personally its the amazing battery, touch ID and apple pay (Samsung pay is not available in canada).
  18. #18  
    Mister Tibbs's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    I switched to an android back when I had the iPhone 3 and 3G. I had the POS Android for only 3 weeks and I was just beside myself. I hated that phone with a passion. I almost put a 9mm slug into it but thought again and decided not to do that. AT&T was happy to take it back and let me upgrade to the iPhone 4s. I'm a happy owner of a iPhone 6s+ 128gb. I'm planning on holding on to this version for awhile.
  19. #19  
    Mister Tibbs's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Thank God. You know what you want and that is an Apple iPhone.
  20. #20  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Enter dramatic voice cue:
    No one in his right mind would switch from Apple to Samsung.
    I agree, but I must admit that I am looking for a viable Android option, should Apple become more trouble than it's worth.
    I would never consider Samsung, been there, done that, it sucked and I learned the hard way.
    But the marketing nonsense Apple has been using to generate profit is quickly getting the best of me.
    I love Apple products, they do everything I need, nothing I don't, they work.
    Gorgeous high end tech, I don't deny that.
    But since I pay first and foremost for convenience, I won't hesitate to jump ship if need be: I don't jump through hoops for anyone.
    aidmyaim likes this.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I agree, but I must admit that I am looking for a viable Android option, should Apple become more trouble than it's worth.
    I would never consider Samsung, been there, done that, it sucked and I learned the hard way.
    But the marketing nonsense Apple has been using to generate profit is quickly getting the best of me.
    I love Apple products, they do everything I need, nothing I don't, they work.
    Gorgeous high end tech, I don't deny that.
    But since I pay first and foremost for convenience, I won't hesitate to jump ship if need be: I don't jump through hoops for anyone.
    That was why i tried the note 7 out. For my personal use there is nothing better than apple products on the market right now. But hey I'm not against jumping to try another product. I actually hope another company comes out with a high quality phone/product like any of apples that work so well.
  22. #22  
    Ariza16's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    everything happens for a reason.
  23. #23  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    That was why i tried the note 7 out. For my personal use there is nothing better than apple products on the market right now. But hey I'm not against jumping to try another product. I actually hope another company comes out with a high quality phone/product like any of apples that work so well.
    And if they could do it while NOT treating their customers like trick dogs jumping through hoops, I'd be on board in a heartbeat.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    And if they could do it while NOT treating their customers like trick dogs jumping through hoops, I'd be on board in a heartbeat.
    The whole preorder thing is ridiculous. I played along because I like new and shiny but honestly if I didn't get a ship date for today I would have kept my 6s plus for a while and just waited. Wouldn't have bothered me one bit.
    Evilguppy likes this.
  25. #25  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Almost switched but for the gods

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    The whole preorder thing is ridiculous. I played along because I like new and shiny but honestly if I didn't get a ship date for today I would have kept my 6s plus for a while and just waited. Wouldn't have bothered me one bit.
    I completed my order around 12:06 am, got a delivery date of 9-27 to 9-29 so I cancelled it. (I wasn't going to be home)
    But then I met an Apple software engineer who had the 7 Plus 256 GB matte black and I melted in little puddles at his feet lolol.
    And promptly reordered.
    Got the SAME delivery date.

    I do love Apple products but not at the cost of my inner peace, so i am done ever preordering or trying to get a device on launch day.
    Either I will take my sweet time and buy new devices as far from launch date as I can, or I will be jumping ship and going to any company that doesn't treat its customers like a bunch of show dogs.
    When *I* lie down and roll over, it's because *I* am done playing, not because some corporate puppetmaster tells me to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 08:30 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 06:33 PM
  3. how can i fix the storage almost full error on my ipad
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions