Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TripleOne
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Angry Screen cracked

My missus dropped her iPhone 6s Plus, on Tuesday. There is a crack that goes from left to right, in the top part of the screen.
    The actual display seems fine, and thus she can read characters and the likes.

I've scheduled an appointment with Apple, for Tuesday. The initial cost to fix it, is around $149. But, here is hoping they merely need to change the 'outer' part of the screen and not the display itself. If that makes sense

In 9 years, this is the first time that she's damaged a smartphone. While I'm at the Apple shop, I might go ahead and buy an Apple Care for it, too.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Screen cracked

How long has your wife had her phone? If I'm not mistaken, you have to purchase Apple Care within 60 days of purchasing your device.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Really? I was under the impression that it could be done up to one year from purchase. I'll check with Apple...

Quote Originally Posted by ReVu30 View Post
    How long has your wife had her phone? If I'm not mistaken, you have to purchase Apple Care within 60 days of purchasing your device.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    My missus dropped her iPhone 6s Plus, on Tuesday. There is a crack that goes from left to right, in the top part of the screen.
    The actual display seems fine, and thus she can read characters and the likes.

I've scheduled an appointment with Apple, for Tuesday. The initial cost to fix it, is around $149. But, here is hoping they merely need to change the 'outer' part of the screen and not the display itself. If that makes sense

In 9 years, this is the first time that she's damaged a smartphone. While I'm at the Apple shop, I might go ahead and buy an Apple Care for it, too.
    They will replace the whole screen assembly I believe, and recalibrate it. It contains the home button too so they will have u turn off the Touch ID first I think.. I had my original 6s+ screen replaced cuz Apple Store person said it wasn't working quite right. Of course not long after that I trashed he whole phone...phones and boat anchors don't go well together...
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Oops, you're right! Must be done 60 days from purchase...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Default Screen cracked

Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    Oops, you're right! Must be done 60 days from purchase...
    Make sure you get your missus a glass screen protector once the display is fixed
    afctee likes this.