Little awkward but i just got iphone 6s plus 64 gbjust before one month of new iphone announcement!

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
its seems little strange that i could not wait for new iphone7 announcement and bought 6s plus Rose gold 64 gig reasons are following:

1) i was using galaxy s4 for 6 months and was not satisfied with android overall

2) i like all the functionality iphone 6s plus offers and i think that it would be enough for me for couple of years ahead before i buy new phone!

3)Price of brand new iphone 6s plus is very minimal right now in my country right now!

4) it would take atleast 3 to 4 months to iphone 7 to reach to my country with appropriate price..at start it would be sellling at steep price as history suggests.

5) tried galaxy s7 edge at shop loved the display but again android was never been my cup of tea!..

thanks guys for reading....just wanted to share with u!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Great choice!

Not matter how the new iPhone is, you still have many great features in the current model you got.

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Enjoy your 6S Plus. I'm enjoying mine. This is my first post here.

I had been an Android user for the last 12+ years. I love technology and figured it was time to learn and experience iOS. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with my choice.

My last three Androids over the last year and a half were Moto Turbo, Moto Nexus 6 and Huawei Nexus 6P. I buy my phones unlocked and at full price of course.

I immediately realized the smoothness and speed of the 6S Plus (gold). Also, my Androids would often have trouble holding Verizon's signal so I would need to toggle airplane mode. I don't have that problem with my iPhone. Also, the battery lasts as long as my Turbo and much longer than the Nexus.

People who consider themselves Android experts and bash Apple don't have a clue. I don't care about specs on paper. My phone has a smaller battery and less RAM but somehow Apple has it performing better than any Android I've had. I still like Android and I believe both systems have good things to offer. But now I'm on iOS to stay for a while and will likely get the upcoming 7. Of course, unlocked without Verizon garbage and control.

Also, I recently bought a 128GB gold iPad Mini 4. Fantastic!

Sorry for the ramble here. Enjoy, you made an excellent choice.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Enjoy your phone! The 6s/6s+ models are great devices that run smoothly and efficiently.

I nearly bought the + model, but frequently use my phone one-handed and just could not manage it (dropped the display model several times--oops).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Great choice. I also have the 6s Plus and will not be upgrading this year (I think).
ENJOY your new iPhone

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
its seems little strange that i could not wait for new iphone7 announcement and bought 6s plus Rose gold 64 gig reasons are following:

1) i was using galaxy s4 for 6 months and was not satisfied with android overall

2) i like all the functionality iphone 6s plus offers and i think that it would be enough for me for couple of years ahead before i buy new phone!

3)Price of brand new iphone 6s plus is very minimal right now in my country right now!

4) it would take atleast 3 to 4 months to iphone 7 to reach to my country with appropriate price..at start it would be sellling at steep price as history suggests.

5) tried galaxy s7 edge at shop loved the display but again android was never been my cup of tea!..

I think that everything you wrote was a valid reason for making the purchase. I think you did the right thing!!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The beauty about the iPhone is that it lasts for many years. I know someone rocking the 5 still. Think about that, it came out in 2012. The phone is 4 years and still useable. Plus iOS 10 will run perfectly on it, so although the hardware might be a generation old, the software will be up to date.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Enjoy your 6S Plus. I'm enjoying mine. This is my first post here.

I had been an Android user for the last 12+ years. I love technology and figured it was time to learn and experience iOS. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with my choice.

My last three Androids over the last year and a half were Moto Turbo, Moto Nexus 6 and Huawei Nexus 6P. I buy my phones unlocked and at full price of course.

I immediately realized the smoothness and speed of the 6S Plus (gold). Also, my Androids would often have trouble holding Verizon's signal so I would need to toggle airplane mode. I don't have that problem with my iPhone. Also, the battery lasts as long as my Turbo and much longer than the Nexus.

People who consider themselves Android experts and bash Apple don't have a clue. I don't care about specs on paper. My phone has a smaller battery and less RAM but somehow Apple has it performing better than any Android I've had. I still like Android and I believe both systems have good things to offer. But now I'm on iOS to stay for a while and will likely get the upcoming 7. Of course, unlocked without Verizon garbage and control.

Also, I recently bought a 128GB gold iPad Mini 4. Fantastic!

Sorry for the ramble here. Enjoy, you made an excellent choice.

Although I agree with your points, I think you over exaggerated on the 12+ years, since the first official Android device was released in 2008 . But I'm in the same boat as you. I started with the G1 before Android was being named after desserts, and ended with the Galaxy S7 Edge. I had almost every flagship device in between, usually upgrading every 3 to 4 months. The 6S+ is my first iPhone and I love it. Like you said, on paper it doesn't have as good of specs, but in actual use, the iPhone is way better.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Well...I purchased my iPad Pro 12.9 128 gb. The next few days later the 256 gb model was for sale. I know how you feel.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations and enjoy your new iPhone! You definitely made a great choice and should be satisfied for years to come.

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Although I agree with your points, I think you over exaggerated on the 12+ years, since the first official Android device was released in 2008 . But I'm in the same boat as you. I started with the G1 before Android was being named after desserts, and ended with the Galaxy S7 Edge. I had almost every flagship device in between, usually upgrading every 3 to 4 months. The 6S+ is my first iPhone and I love it. Like you said, on paper it doesn't have as good of specs, but in actual use, the iPhone is way better.

Oooops, that's right. See what age does! My last non-Android phone was the Omnia II windows phone. Whatever that works out to be. It seems like forever.

I like the customization available with Android. Using a launcher to shrink the icons, change colors, so on. But I don't miss the simulated battery pulls and needing to clear the system cache every week or so. Holding the data signal, speed and smoothness and battery life are the three most important things to me. The 6S Plus provides this better than Android.

Of course I stopped commenting on the Android sites' forums because being other than a Samsung fanatic or diehard Android fan you get blasted.

Thanks for refreshing my timeline.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox