Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Adding pictures to iPhone

    Hey everyone! I have a question. I'm trying to add pictures on my phone that I've have from my previous SD card (from my S7) that I've plugged into my home comp so that I can transfer them to iCloud. Anyway, the issue I'm running into is that every time I try to add new pictures, it gives me a message saying that all my other libraries will be removed from my phone except pictures that I've taken already. I've attached a screen shot of it. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to sync and remove pictures already on my phone. I just want to add new ones. Any advise would be greatly appreciate! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adding pictures to iPhone-screenshot-16-.png  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    This is what I recommend. Login to your iCloud account via a web browser on your computer. Select the Photos option therein. Upload the pics directly to iCloud. If your iPhone is configured for iCloud, the uploaded pics will sync to it, provided you have the storage space.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    This is what I recommend. Login to your iCloud account via a web browser on your computer. Select the Photos option therein. Upload the pics directly to iCloud. If your iPhone is configured for iCloud, the uploaded pics will sync to it, provided you have the storage space.
    Ok so I'm very new to iPhone, so please forgive me for the stupid questions but all I have to do is make sure my iCloud is on?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Ok so I'm very new to iPhone, so please forgive me for the stupid questions but all I have to do is make sure my iCloud is on?
    Make sure iCloud Photo Library is toggled on in Settings > iCloud > Photos.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Make sure iCloud Photo Library is toggled on in Settings > iCloud > Photos.
    Awesome! Thank you!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Awesome! Thank you!
    No problem

    By the way, there are no stupid questions. Ask away!
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    This is what I recommend. Login to your iCloud account via a web browser on your computer. Select the Photos option therein. Upload the pics directly to iCloud. If your iPhone is configured for iCloud, the uploaded pics will sync to it, provided you have the storage space.
    Hi sorry to bother again bt I did add photos to iCloud but they aren't showing up in my photo app. What did I miss? Thanks!!
  8. #8  

    Default Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Hi sorry to bother again bt I did add photos to iCloud but they aren't showing up in my photo app. What did I miss? Thanks!!
    You probably didn't miss anything. Just give the photos time to sync to your device(s). Still, on your iOS device(s), go to Settings → iCloud → Photos, and then make sure that iCloud Photo Library is turned on.
  9. #9  
    Nogitsune Micah's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Ok so I'm very new to iPhone, so please forgive me for the stupid questions but all I have to do is make sure my iCloud is on?
    Adding photos is so tedious. I hate it really. There's this program I download called copytrans and it makes things a lot easier. It's worth a look. I add files easily to my phone.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding pictures to iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    You probably didn't miss anything. Just give the photos time to sync to your device(s). Still, on your iOS device(s), go to Settings → iCloud → Photos, and then make sure that iCloud Photo Library is turned on.
    Ok I'm back....I was able to upload pictures from my comp into iCloud but today its not uploading. I did notice that my phone is uploading pictures to iCloud so is it possible that it can't do both? I tried using the upload link in iCloud and even dragging/dropping to copy the files into the album I created in iCloud and still nothing. Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 09:49 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2016, 03:46 PM
  3. How do I get a refund for charge to my Debit Card
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 09:07 PM
  4. How to play pokemon catch the all
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Posting Permissions