My youngest daughter wants a 6s+ for her birthday (not happening, maybe Christmas), but she drops the phones, her iPhone 4 went swimming in the toilet which killed it, her 5s gets dropped all the time (Thank G_d for the UAG case and tempered glass screen protector!!!) Since she is in high school now, about the be in 10th grade, she never puts it in her backpack or pockets, she carries the phone in her hand. What is a good, solid, protective case that will last for a while? The UAG cases have been pretty good, Life Proof fall apart after about 6 months to a year with her, and she managed to kill an Otterbox. Suggestions?
    08-05-2016 02:12 PM
    Nuud! I feel like it has WAY better quality over its fre brethren and it has an included screen protector. It's also water, dust, snow and shock proof. Also the warranty is top notch on the cases

taeisme and Murpheee like this.
    08-05-2016 02:17 PM
    Well, I was going to suggest Lifeproof fre or Otterbox Defender. Those are the best I have used so far and both my devices have taken a beating, but the cases are still in good shape.

I am not sure of any other better cases than those 2.
    08-05-2016 02:17 PM
    I was gonna say Otterbox, but if she manages to kill them, maybe consider a Sonim XP7, instead of an iPhone
    MooMooPrincess and Spencerdl like this.
    08-05-2016 02:18 PM
    I've commented before on this topic.. I have a Lifeproof FRE for when I know I'll be in hazardous environment.. Yeah, it's all on how u handle things and use them.. First 6s+/ FRE destroyed.. 30lb+ boat anchor incident.. Other than that, the FRE was good.. I know most others seem to prefer the Nuud, but to each his own...
    08-05-2016 02:32 PM
    Thanks. There are days I think the kid can break a round steel ball....
    Murpheee and Spencerdl like this.
    08-05-2016 03:30 PM
    Which Otterbox did she kill? She'd have a difficult time killing the Defender.
    taeisme likes this.
    08-05-2016 04:43 PM
    Get the griffin survivor summit
    Very protective case
    08-05-2016 04:45 PM
    I normally use Otterbox Defender cases. I've always wanted to try LifeProof, but have read reviews that it sounds muffled? I can't deal with that.
    08-05-2016 09:54 PM
    I dropped my iPhone off a counter at work. Like a five foot drop and thank god for the life proof case. I have the Fre version and it works exceptionally well. I hate it since it is bulky and it for some reason seems to distort calls for me. But it protects the phone well and on top of that it seems well reviewed.
    Spencerdl and Murpheee like this.
    08-06-2016 06:42 AM
    I dropped my iPhone off a counter at work. Like a five foot drop and thank god for the life proof case. I have the Fre version and it works exceptionally well. I hate it since it is bulky and it for some reason seems to distort calls for me. But it protects the phone well and on top of that it seems well reviewed.
    I've been thinking about the LifeProof Nuud, but read reviews about people not being able to hear you because it sounds muffled. Is that true?
    08-06-2016 09:19 AM
    I've been thinking about the LifeProof Nuud, but read reviews about people not being able to hear you because it sounds muffled. Is that true?
    Not sure about Nuud, but FRE definitely...
    08-06-2016 12:42 PM
    I have the fre and yea my grandma can't hear me!!!
    08-06-2016 04:00 PM
    Ask Spencerdl. He is using the Nd. AFAIK he had no problems with muffelig sound
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-06-2016 04:32 PM
    I had the muffling issue with my warranty replacement for my Nuud. I was able to fix the muffling issue by taking the case back off the phone and pressing down on the gasket seal for the microphone and making sure it was solid. That seemed to take care of it.

The issue with muffling the speaker and/or causing a distorted buzzing sound was cured by just gently flexing the case while off the phone so it wouldnt touch the phone directly on the back. That seems to cause the distorted buzzing. That tends to come from how stiff the cases are to snap together, but that is pretty much required to make it water tight. The best thing you can do is just mess around with it a bit. You will eventually get it to the point where both of these common issues are resolved.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-06-2016 04:39 PM
    I found that if you follow the installation directions for the LifeProof Nd and Fr, the muffled sound is all but non existent.
    08-07-2016 12:56 AM
    Definitely have audio issues with mine desire following instructions.
    08-07-2016 05:18 AM
    Definitely have audio issues with mine desire following instructions.
    Same here. The Nd I've been using on and off definitely muffles audio a bit and I'm following instructions. It's a great case when I absolutely need the additional protection but not something I keep on my phone on a daily basis.

I'm hoping iPhone catches up in terms of water resistance.
    08-07-2016 05:54 AM

Mine.
    08-07-2016 09:32 AM
    She killed a defender case. I don't know how.

Which Otterbox did she kill? She'd have a difficult time killing the Defender.
    08-07-2016 12:19 PM
    She killed a defender case. I don't know how.
    WOW . That's very hard to do.
    08-07-2016 12:31 PM
    One thing I have discovered about teenage girls, is that they can break a round steel ball without any effort. That Otterbox was trashed.

WOW . That's very hard to do.
    08-07-2016 12:39 PM
    Look into Rhino Shield, they make a ridiculously tough screen protector, and two cases. The Crash Guard is just a bumper where the Play Proof is a full case with a plethora of designs and both are rated at 11.5 foot drops. Evolutive Labs, the maker of Rhino Shield, even has an insane drop test video for the crash guard of 25 foot. They also specifically recommend you do not try it yourself. However their video is no a break video of the whole thing and showing the phone is perfectly fine after a 25 foot drop to concrete.
    08-07-2016 01:01 PM
    08-08-2016 03:12 AM
    What case is that
    LifeProof Fr for the iPhone 5c
    08-08-2016 04:43 AM
37 12