Most protection for a 6s+

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
My youngest daughter wants a 6s+ for her birthday (not happening, maybe Christmas), but she drops the phones, her iPhone 4 went swimming in the toilet which killed it, her 5s gets dropped all the time (Thank G_d for the UAG case and tempered glass screen protector!!!) Since she is in high school now, about the be in 10th grade, she never puts it in her backpack or pockets, she carries the phone in her hand. What is a good, solid, protective case that will last for a while? The UAG cases have been pretty good, Life Proof fall apart after about 6 months to a year with her, and she managed to kill an Otterbox. Suggestions?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nuud! I feel like it has WAY better quality over its fre brethren and it has an included screen protector. It's also water, dust, snow and shock proof. Also the warranty is top notch on the cases

81c01ed30b1bcea500c7d58bc0f0171f.jpg
364a6f2382bada600182c1ee326b003e.jpg

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, I was going to suggest Lifeproof fre or Otterbox Defender. Those are the best I have used so far and both my devices have taken a beating, but the cases are still in good shape.

I am not sure of any other better cases than those 2.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I've commented before on this topic.. I have a Lifeproof FRE for when I know I'll be in hazardous environment.. Yeah, it's all on how u handle things and use them.. First 6s+/ FRE destroyed.. 30lb+ boat anchor incident.. Other than that, the FRE was good.. I know most others seem to prefer the Nuud, but to each his own...

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I normally use Otterbox Defender cases. I've always wanted to try LifeProof, but have read reviews that it sounds muffled? I can't deal with that.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone off a counter at work. Like a five foot drop and thank god for the life proof case. I have the Fre version and it works exceptionally well. I hate it since it is bulky and it for some reason seems to distort calls for me. But it protects the phone well and on top of that it seems well reviewed.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone off a counter at work. Like a five foot drop and thank god for the life proof case. I have the Fre version and it works exceptionally well. I hate it since it is bulky and it for some reason seems to distort calls for me. But it protects the phone well and on top of that it seems well reviewed.

I've been thinking about the LifeProof Nuud, but read reviews about people not being able to hear you because it sounds muffled. Is that true?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about Nuud, but FRE definitely...
I had the muffling issue with my warranty replacement for my Nuud. I was able to fix the muffling issue by taking the case back off the phone and pressing down on the gasket seal for the microphone and making sure it was solid. That seemed to take care of it.

The issue with muffling the speaker and/or causing a distorted buzzing sound was cured by just gently flexing the case while off the phone so it wouldnt touch the phone directly on the back. That seems to cause the distorted buzzing. That tends to come from how stiff the cases are to snap together, but that is pretty much required to make it water tight. The best thing you can do is just mess around with it a bit. You will eventually get it to the point where both of these common issues are resolved.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I found that if you follow the installation directions for the LifeProof N??d and Fr?, the muffled sound is all but non existent.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Definitely have audio issues with mine desire following instructions.

Same here. The N??d I've been using on and off definitely muffles audio a bit and I'm following instructions. It's a great case when I absolutely need the additional protection but not something I keep on my phone on a daily basis.

I'm hoping iPhone catches up in terms of water resistance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro