Anyone thinking of jumping form iPhone to the new note 7? I know the next iPhone is coming next month, we might be looking at an iPhone 6SS.
    08-02-2016 07:13 PM
    Nope, not interested. Tried the Note 3 and Note 5 and within a few months I always get back to the iPhone. A Nexus maybe, but I think I'm staying with iPhone for awhile. Been loving it ever since the 4S.
    Archie_Bunkers likes this.
    08-02-2016 07:15 PM
    Nope. Tried the 4 and 5 and back to the iPhone each time. Now I'm just not into spending all that money to try a new phone. Will rock the 6s+ for a few years. Only upgrade I want is wireless charging. Until than I'll stay with what I got.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-02-2016 07:22 PM
    Nope. Tried the 4 and 5 and back to the iPhone each time. Now I'm just not into spending all that money to try a new phone. Will rock the 6s+ for a few years. Only upgrade I want is wireless charging. Until than I'll stay with what I got.
    Wireless charging would be
    08-02-2016 07:41 PM
    The Note devices are great. Android just kills the experience. After about 2-3 months they are laggy with terrible battery life, regardless of specs.
    08-02-2016 08:42 PM
    Anyone thinking of jumping form iPhone to the new note 7? I know the next iPhone is coming next month, we might be looking at an iPhone 6SS.
    No. the next smartphone I will get will be the next iPhone Plus version. Having said that, the Note 7 looks awesome and it's specs are great, but I like iOS way too much to give it up for Android.
    08-02-2016 08:49 PM
    The Note devices are great. Android just kills the experience. After about 2-3 months they are laggy with terrible battery life, regardless of specs.
    Yep,
    After a few months things tends to just slow the device down.
    Putte Kindh likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:05 PM
    Yes next Friday as a matter of fact i will be pre ordering one.
    08-03-2016 11:06 AM
    Still looking to remain with the iPhone range. However, I'll more than likely need to test the Note 7, just for me (being in IT, and all that).
    To be honest, as sad as it may be, all I want now from iOS, is the option to have a transparent dock! Honestly, it that too much to ask for?

And no, I shouldn't need to jailbreak, just to have that...
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    08-03-2016 12:14 PM
    Sticking with iOS so I'll be getting the 7.
    Had a Note 4 but Samsung ruined it with buggy updates.
    Got tired of flashing custom ROMS, so bought an iPhone 6 64gb and it's ran like a champ ever since! 😃
    08-03-2016 02:45 PM
    I am not going to try it. I am playing with a Galaxy S7E right now and it is an amazing phone, but I can't see it as my daily driver for long. My 6S+ is the best phone that I have ever owned and will only get rid of it when the 7 comes out.
    libra89 and Archie_Bunkers like this.
    08-03-2016 02:53 PM
    I am selling my 6SP. Currently using the Galaxy S7E. I am very impressed so far. Lightning fast focusing camera and IP68 too. The Note looks awesome! If I didn't plan on keeping the iPad 9.7 Pro... I would have gotten the Note 7.

As a tech fan... I am glad to see Samsung stepping up their game and pushing Apple. Looking forward to see how Apple pushes back next month.
    bgl321 likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:20 PM
    iPhone still wins it for me. While the Note 7 is a lovely device and i would use it in a heart beat, but of i had the choice between the iPhone 7 and the Note 7. The iPhone takes it for me...especially with that Dual camera. Apple doesn't aways do things first, but when they do something, its of the highest quality.
    08-04-2016 05:17 AM
    Still looking to remain with the iPhone range. However, I'll more than likely need to test the Note 7, just for me (being in IT, and all that).
    To be honest, as sad as it may be, all I want now from iOS, is the option to have a transparent dock! Honestly, it that too much to ask for?

And no, I shouldn't need to jailbreak, just to have that...
    I'm definitely with you on the transparent homescreen dock or even a option in settings to remove it all together.
    I will be staying with Apple and the iPhone. Not really interested in the Note 7.
    libra89 and Archie_Bunkers like this.
    08-04-2016 08:23 AM
    This. When an Android update is good, it's really good/smooth/fast. The problem is, it seems like this only occurs every OTHER update or so. In between, they are a buggy mess with slow/choppy speed.

The other problem is Samsung. They continue to try and fragment the Android community because they desperately want to be Apple in that they want control over not only the hardware but also the OS. So they add their own app store, pay system, account system and interface instead of trying to unify with Android. All this does is add useless bloat to a phone that also has useless bloat from your carrier that you can't remove unless you root... if root is ever achieved for that device.
    08-04-2016 10:37 AM
    This. When an Android update is good, it's really good/smooth/fast. The problem is, it seems like this only occurs every OTHER update or so. In between, they are a buggy mess with slow/choppy speed.

The other problem is Samsung. They continue to try and fragment the Android community because they desperately want to be Apple in that they want control over not only the hardware but also the OS. So they add their own app store, pay system, account system and interface instead of trying to unify with Android. All this does is add useless bloat to a phone that also has useless bloat from your carrier that you can't remove unless you root... if root is ever achieved for that device.
    Samsung Pay > Google Pay
    08-04-2016 12:53 PM
    Samsung Pay > Google Pay
    Yes, you're right. I'd argue that Samsung Pay is the best mobile payment system right now. It's probably one of the only things I'll miss from Samsung. There were plenty of times I whipped out my S7E at checkout and the cashier was like "oh no, Apple Pay doesn't work here yet.." then stared at me like I just hacked their payment terminal after it processed.
    08-04-2016 08:11 PM
    Yes, you're right. I'd argue that Samsung Pay is the best mobile payment system right now.
    Having used Apple Pay since it became available... there is no argument IMO. SP is the best. The only caveat is AP being available on apple watch. The S2 has it in beta on the non 3G watch.

I was absolutely stunned when I was able to use Samsung Pay on a terminal that was not NFC enabled (swipe only). Voodoo I tell you... Voodoo.
    08-05-2016 07:39 AM
    I'm a ways from an upgrade, but I am looking outside of Apple for the fist time in a long long time. I came to Apple for stability, but I won't stay to pay a premium for last decades phone.
    08-07-2016 10:39 AM
    I am thinking about switching. It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong? Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.
    08-07-2016 11:44 AM
    very true but everyone says that Android OS has gotten better.
    08-07-2016 11:45 AM
    I am thinking about switching.
    Go for it.
    It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong?
    Maybe, but it depends on your expectations. I don't think it's falling behind, but that's my personal opinion.
    Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.
    Okay, but you're assuming everyone cares about those things in the manner in which you do. Everyone likes what they like. If you prefer the Note 7 over the iPhone, get it and be happy with it.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-07-2016 12:14 PM
    very true but everyone says that Android OS has gotten better.
    When you reply to a post, please use the quote option so readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks...
    08-07-2016 12:15 PM
    Go for it. Maybe, but it depends on your expectations. I don't think it's falling behind, but that's my personal opinion. Okay, but you're assuming everyone cares about those things in the manner in which you do. Everyone likes what they like. If you prefer the Note 7 over the iPhone, get it and be happy with it.
    Well, I am just saying that I do believe everyone likes to get the most out of what they are paying for. Also I hope people like some of things I listed because those are what makes a smartphone a smartphone. It was also a question as to what others thought about the way Apple is updating their devices. But sometimes loyalty blinds I guess.
    08-07-2016 12:36 PM
    This is how I look at Android devices (especially Samsung). Let's look at this similar to a horse race, out of the gate the Samsung looks great and takes the lead into the first turn, then runs out of gas with three more turns left in the race.
    After approx three months maybe four the support deteriorates and if I'm lucky enough to see a Android OS update during the short lifespan, it makes the smartphone almost unusable. Proof in the pudding is the resale value...it pretty much speaks for itself. Thanks , but no thanks. The iPhone might not have all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done on a daily basis...it's been my experience that the Apple iPhone "JUST WORKS"....my .02 cents.
    08-07-2016 12:56 PM
199 123 ...