Note 7

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing when looking at one at T-Mobile today. Yuck.

That's AMOLED technology when you crank up the brightness to 100% and never turn them off. LCD has light bleed and uneven coloring/shading. AMOLED has burn in. But it gets much brighter and has even coloring/shading and deep blacks.

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going to stick with my iPhone 6s for another 2 years and wait for the iPhone 8. I will be grabbing the new nexus phone this year if it comes to Verizon . I'm only using stock android from here on out .

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to stick with my iPhone 6s for another 2 years and wait for the iPhone 8. I will be grabbing the new nexus phone this year if it comes to Verizon . I'm only using stock android from here on out .

That's what I plan on doing too. I know that I am going to be tempted to get this year's iPhone and Nexus

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have Verizon and, to be honest, have never even thought about going to a carrier store for service. Apple has always done an awesome job whenever I needed something.

I LOVE the Apple Store.. My only complaint is that they are always so busy, but I guess that is a good thing

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't dealt with a carrier (hardware wise) since 2009 when our Apple Store opened up. Why go to a carrier store when you can get everything done right then an there? Plus apple knows their product.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I've thought about it. I just moved from Android to iOS and though I like my 6s Plus, I am not in love with it. The only reason I moved to iOS was my experience with HTC and Microsoft. In the former, my HTC One M9 was a major let down, and in the latter, Microsoft didn't release the 950XL with CDMA (I'm Verizon).

I chose the 6s Plus because that seemed to offer the OS stability (and consistency) that Microsoft Phones has, with the app choices that iOS/Android have. We'll see in another year or so. I guess if I had chosen Samsung instead of HTC, I would have probably stayed with Android longer.

Nicholas Kathrein

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Not the case any longer. Software on Android is great now. Samsung newest OS customizations aren't crap anymore. My wife just got the note 7 and lovers it. I have a nexus 6p and have no slowdowns after 6 months and I'm on the beta of the newest OS. I think if you haven't got there recent top end Samsung on Nexus then you have old experiences that aren't current.

rls1160

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes,

In fact we have switched three iPhones over to Samsung. The first switch was from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S6, Second switch was from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S7 edge, the third switch was from iPhone 5 to Note 7.

The camera quality, IP-68, additional storage, S-pen along were more than enough to tip the table. Escaping iTunes and iCloud are another plus.

The Note 7 is my phone, I've had several iPhones and have had problems with all of them. Failed home button operation, cellular antenna failure on iPhone 5, and very poor sound volume and quality on all of them. ICloud and iTunes are horrible and yes iOS can be glitchy, does reboot and has locked up many times.

The switch for us has been positive, yes some things are different and Apple definitely has Android beat on the App front. If your app dependent, Android may not be a fit. I'm sure I'll find things i don't like with Android and with Samsung, but I've had enough problems with Apple that it's time to look elsewhere.

In my opinion Apple has fallen behind on hardware quality, durability and their software integration is no longer head and shoulders above the competition. I would not even consider an Apple phone device based on past history, which has been since the launch of the iPhone 3. Prior to that I had various blackberries and prior to that Motorola star tac.

Pricing was not a determining factor in our decision to switch.

Last edited:

Rmedy21

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Although the Note 7 looks very tempting . But I will stick to my IPhone 6s Plus. Too much bloat ware on the Andriod phones. I have Verizon and I don't like having their software crap on the phone. So I stick with Apple because its bloat ware free

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is good for classic phones only, i would never change my American iPhone with Korean note, Samsung is useless and Android is worse like a nightmare. i even prefer Sony to Samsung.:sarcastic:

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is good for classic phones only, i would never change my American iPhone with Korean note, Samsung is useless and Android is worse like a nightmare. i even prefer Sony to Samsung.:sarcastic:
Other than the company being American owned, what makes iPhone an American phone since it's not built here?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the note 7, been using the iphone 6s plus the last 8 months. I'm on the fence about returning it or not. The screen is much better, the camera is better too. My main issue is almost every samsung I have owned got much worse with every update. The note 4 became useless after the lollipop update 4 me. The note 5 was a little better but each updates hits the battery it seems. I'll probably return it and see what the iphone 7 has and how much improvement the camera has.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Not the case any longer. Software on Android is great now. Samsung newest OS customizations aren't crap anymore. My wife just got the note 7 and lovers it. I have a nexus 6p and have no slowdowns after 6 months and I'm on the beta of the newest OS. I think if you haven't got there recent top end Samsung on Nexus then you have old experiences that aren't current.
Touchwiz still isn't very good. A lot of the bugs have been worked out, but it's still far behind Android in overall quality and efficiency. Plus the waiting for software updates is unacceptable.
American iPhone? You familiar with Foxconn?
Designed in California, chip designed and built in Austin. It's not entirely American, but it's more American than pretty much any other phone on the market.

I don't put a ton of value into the whole "American" thing, but the poster is right: the iPhone can reasonably be described as American when you consider a car from GM is called "American" when they're built in Mexico.

Remi Longsplice

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I have been rocking a beat up 4 since it came out, and it still holds up!! Recently picked up a 6S cheap off of C.L. (haven't used it yet, thought about flipping), but did check on the Note 7. The Note does look nice, but using an Android felt so awkward. I think I am too set in my ways!! lol

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Touchwiz still isn't very good. A lot of the bugs have been worked out, but it's still far behind Android in overall quality and efficiency. Plus the waiting for software updates is unacceptable.

Designed in California, chip designed and built in Austin. It's not entirely American, but it's more American than pretty much any other phone on the market.

I don't put a ton of value into the whole "American" thing, but the poster is right: the iPhone can reasonably be described as American when you consider a car from GM is called "American" when they're built in Mexico.

Fair enough. :)