Note 7

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Android guy here went to the iphone 6SP 1 year ago, per-orderd the coral blue Note7 the other day can't wait to get it

Pretty much what I did - except I went with black. Been on a 6s+ since before Christmas, and I can't wait to get back to the Android world.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much what I did - except I went with black. Been on a 6s+ since before Christmas, and I can't wait to get back to the Android world.

Blue coral and the all back Note 7 looks so dope!!

Are you going to use the Note 7 along with your 6s+? Or are you retiring the iPhone?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Blue coral and the all back Note 7 looks so dope!!

Are you going to use the Note 7 along with your 6s+? Or are you retiring the iPhone?

Unfortunately I don't have enough disposable income to have both. It'll hit Swappa. I really like my iPhone, and would love to have one as a side phone, I can't do it. I've been on both platforms off and on for years, more so on Android. I have love for both, but I'm at a place where I feel like Apple is lagging behind. iOS 10 really did Apple in for me. I've been using it for a few weeks and it just left me INCREDIBLY underwhelmed.

rob6070

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My s7 edge went in pool in Vegas. Samsung warranty is a nightmare. Been thru 4 locations and brutal that they say they don't cover water damage. So bad I went back to a 6s plus

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My s7 edge went in pool in Vegas. Samsung warranty is a nightmare. Been thru 4 locations and brutal that they say they don't cover water damage. So bad I went back to a 6s plus

I plan on buying Samsung's protection plan that's similar to AppleCare+. Apple wouldn't replace their iPhone that went into a pool without it, either. I know the S7 edge is water resistant, but it isn't waterproof.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I sent to Samsung in Texas today finally so they can evaluate it they said

Bummer. Unfortunately for you, Samsung's customer support is light years behind Apple's. Best of luck. Let us know how it works out for you!

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Everyone is always so focused on the hardware. Android phones (especially Samsung) are known to have the latest and greatest hardware. The biggest deciding factor between the iPhone and Android should be the software that runs it. I used Android for years, and the fragmentation and lack of software support just kills the experience.. Regardless of the hardware. If you have the money and don't mind upgrading every 6 months, Android isn't bad. The phones will usually run pretty well for that time. However, once a new software fix or feature comes out, don't count on them updating your phone with it. You'll need to buy the new phone to see those.

I do agree with you here. Part of the problem is the extra 2 layer where after Google does their update, then Samsung and then your provider have to do theirs.

The other thing that this fragmentation causes is less integration with apps. With the iPhone I can use the touch id I stead of a password in many apps alone with being able to use Apple pay.

This type of integration doesn't really exist in Android.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Bummer. Unfortunately for you, Samsung's customer support is light years behind Apple's. Best of luck. Let us know how it works out for you!

Most people with iPhones are serviced by their Carriers, not Apple. The majority of them don't pay the $100+ for AppleCare+. So it's not really a Samsung vs. Apple Support situation for the vast majority of people; it's Samsung vs. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint. As long as the warranty covers the necessary bases, it shouldn't really matter. I absolutely hate going into the Apple Store here because they gawk at you like you're selling crack on a street corner and make you feel like you aren't welcome there unless you're willing to buy what you're looking at.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Most people with iPhones are serviced by their Carriers, not Apple. The majority of them don't pay the $100+ for AppleCare+. So it's not really a Samsung vs. Apple Support situation for the vast majority of people; it's Samsung vs. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint. As long as the warranty covers the necessary bases, it shouldn't really matter. I absolutely hate going into the Apple Store here because they gawk at you like you're selling crack on a street corner and make you feel like you aren't welcome there unless you're willing to buy what you're looking at.

Damn what Apple stores you been in? I've been going to Apple stores for years in various cities and states and never felt anything but treated great. I've had iPhones and iPads out of warranty fixed. And honestly the min reason I went with iPhones was because I wanted to be able to take it somewhere that wasn't my carrier. If people are gonna pay 10 bucks a year for insurance then but the AppleCare+ it's cheaper in the long run.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Damn what Apple stores you been in? I've been going to Apple stores for years in various cities and states and never felt anything but treated great. I've had iPhones and iPads out of warranty fixed. And honestly the min reason I went with iPhones was because I wanted to be able to take it somewhere that wasn't my carrier. If people are gonna pay 10 bucks a year for insurance then but the AppleCare+ it's cheaper in the long run.

Insurance is bundled into the carrier plans these days.

Not saying which store cause I don't really want to tell the internet where I live. Sorry.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I see what you're saying but I'm not so sure the majority of Apple owners go to their carriers for support. My experience with this forum, as well as in my personal life, paints a different picture. I have two Apple Stores that I occasionally visit and have never before felt unwelcome, even when not making a purchase.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I live at bestbuy, don't judge me lol. Noticed on the s7 edge crazy burn in. Does this really happen to Samsung screens or is it just cause bestbuy probably leave them on over night maybe?

3fa7f0a7b533cdee762441109daf0786.jpg

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I see what you're saying but I'm not so sure the majority of Apple owners go to their carriers for support. My experience with this forum, as well as in my personal life, paints a different picture. I have two Apple Stores that I occasionally visit and have never before felt unwelcome, even when not making a purchase.

Verizon will not touch an Iphone. You have to go to the Apple store and most people I know get Apple Care. That is just my experience

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Verizon will not touch an Iphone. You have to go to the Apple store and most people I know get Apple Care. That is just my experience

I have Verizon and, to be honest, have never even thought about going to a carrier store for service. Apple has always done an awesome job whenever I needed something.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that most iPhone owners do not go to Apple stores, due to there not being a lot of Apple stores out there. Going to a carrier, or even Best Buy, is more convenient. For me, visiting an Apple Store is out of the question because the nearest is 2 hours away. However, I do have many friends that live in cities with Apple stores, but go to carrier stores or Best Buy instead to save themselves a drive across town.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that most iPhone owners do not go to Apple stores, due to there not being a lot of Apple stores out there. Going to a carrier, or even Best Buy, is more convenient. For me, visiting an Apple Store is out of the question because the nearest is 2 hours away. However, I do have many friends that live in cities with Apple stores, but go to carrier stores or Best Buy instead to save themselves a drive across town.

Good points. I'm sure proximity makes a difference. We are spoiled over here with a few close Apple Stores. In fact, the closest electronics store to my home is an Apple Store. I can almost walk there.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Good points. I'm sure proximity makes a difference. We are spoiled over here with a few close Apple Stores. In fact, the closest electronics store to my home is an Apple Store. I can almost walk there.

Yeah, the only time I've been to an Apple store is when I'm visiting a larger area/city. The closest one to me is roughly 120 miles away. Anyone around here typically goes to their carrier or Best Buy for Apple products. Everyone that touts how great Apple stores are to your experience are forgetting that some of us aren't anywhere near one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox