Note 7

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I started a thread on AC asking if people felt that the Note 7 was worth 4 times the price of the J7 and I was ripped apart. I was not suggesting that the Note 7 was a bad phone (God forbid) just if it was 4 times better than the J7... Imagine if I asked if they felt the Note 7 was better than my 6S+? They would be burning down my house! LOL

The inevitable lag that creeps into Android phones cripples the resale and make the Iphone even more of a value and how do you put a value on walking into an Apple store and getting your phone fixed or replaced on the spot if needed?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Get help I did . I'm now geek free for 100 days and take it slow day by day haha. I use to buy every new phone until I saw that all I did was use them for a month or two and then put them on swappa cause I was only using my iPhone daily. 100 days ago I knew I had a problem when I noticed I had a note 5 and nexus 6p both still in the box unopened and didn't remember how long I had them. I turned to my wife for help. She now ask me "do you really need that" every time I'm about to buy a new phone and so far so good lol

I could have written this post myself. I have a drawer full of phones at all times. Usually at least one from each OS (Yes, I still have a Blackberry).. I play with them and vow to make them my daily driver for a month to really get the feel of the phone and I usually break that promise in about 2 days when something pops up and my Iphone would have handled it perfectly and I didn't have it available and I go home and swap back.

When the dust settles, it is always the iphone that I come back to.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I started a thread on AC asking if people felt that the Note 7 was worth 4 times the price of the J7 and I was ripped apart. I was not suggesting that the Note 7 was a bad phone (God forbid) just if it was 4 times better than the J7... Imagine if I asked if they felt the Note 7 was better than my 6S+? They would be burning down my house! LOL

The inevitable lag that creeps into Android phones cripples the resale and make the Iphone even more of a value and how do you put a value on walking into an Apple store and getting your phone fixed or replaced on the spot if needed?

This is the part that's hard for people to understand that's not use to the value of the Apple Store and I got 600 for my iPhone 6s 64gb 5 months old to get my plus. I had to hold to my guns and wait for a while to get 500 for my note 5 one month in. No sd card and I didn't think that phone was better than the note 4 I had on my desk. It's hard to explain the value of owning Apple.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Do you think your 6S+ is worth 4 times the price of the J7? The 64gb 6S+ and N7 are both $849 retail.

Before you answer... you have to consider what you want out of a phone. For some... no phone is worth its $849 price compared to the J7.

The only "investment" I put into a phone is time. I could care less about the resale... I care about how productive I am on the device I am using, not its resale value. For some, that will be the Note 7 with its S-Pen and potential huge storage space. Others, the iPhone and the tight integration with OS X.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

That post makes more sense now. I just sold my 6s plus and ordered the note 7. It is worth 4 times as much just as the iPhone 7 will be as well. May order the iPhone 7 depending on what is added to the phone.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This is the part that's hard for people to understand that's not use to the value of the Apple Store and I got 600 for my iPhone 6s 64gb 5 months old to get my plus. I had to hold to my guns and wait for a while to get 500 for my note 5 one month in. No sd card and I didn't think that phone was better than the note 4 I had on my desk. It's hard to explain the value of owning Apple.

That's no joke. Just sold my iPhone 6s Plus for $600. I couldn't get anyone to look at my note 5 for more than $300 so giving it to my daughter when the note 7 shows up. Apple has great resale value.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Do you think your 6S+ is worth 4 times the price of the J7? The 64gb 6S+ and N7 are both $849 retail.

Before you answer... you have to consider what you want out of a phone. For some... no phone is worth its $849 price compared to the J7.

The only "investment" I put into a phone is time. I could care less about the resale... I care about how productive I am on the device I am using, not its resale value. For some, that will be the Note 7 with its S-Pen and potential huge storage space. Others, the iPhone and the tight integration with OS X.
Worth is personal and very subjective. I do think a 6S+ is worth 4 times a J7. But that's just me. A J7 and Note7 have many of the same features and one could reasonably make the case for either.

I am just surprised that so many people will pay that kind of money for a phone that is not that much different or better than something costing so much less.

But that is just my personal opinion

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Worth is personal and very subjective. I do think a 6S+ is worth 4 times a J7. But that's just me. A J7 and Note7 have many of the same features and one could reasonably make the case for either.

Same story for the 5SE and 6SPlus? Don't they have many of the same features?

The N7 out specs the J7 clearly and offers many features the J7 can't. I won't list the S-Pen

The J7 lacks:

a fingerprint scanner.

dust resistance, and water resistance. Note 7 is IP68.

any type of gorilla glass

optical stabilization

RAW image capture

4k video

<2GB of RAM, Note 7 has 4GB

built-in wireless charging

J7 has 16GB of onboard storage versus 64gb for the N7

Snapdragon 615 vs 820 for the Note

I would say the only thing the J7 and N7 have in common are that they are both capable of making phone calls. To me there is a bigger difference between these phones than between the 5SE and 6S+.

But that is my opinion..... :)

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Same story for the 5SE and 6SPlus? Don't they have many of the same features?

The N7 out specs the J7 clearly and offers many features the J7 can't. I won't list the S-Pen

The J7 lacks:

a fingerprint scanner.

dust resistance, and water resistance. Note 7 is IP68.

any type of gorilla glass

optical stabilization

RAW image capture

4k video

<2GB of RAM, Note 7 has 4GB

built-in wireless charging

J7 has 16GB of onboard storage versus 64gb for the N7

Snapdragon 615 vs 820 for the Note

I would say the only thing the J7 and N7 have in common are that they are both capable of making phone calls. To me there is a bigger difference between these phones than between the 5SE and 6S+.

But that is my opinion..... :)

They have one other thing in common, they're both made by Samsung lol

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
already pre-ordered the Blue Coral and I cannot wait - got my smart watch the day I did the pre-order so I will just shelve my Apple Watch and turn in my iPhone

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Everyone is always so focused on the hardware. Android phones (especially Samsung) are known to have the latest and greatest hardware. The biggest deciding factor between the iPhone and Android should be the software that runs it. I used Android for years, and the fragmentation and lack of software support just kills the experience.. Regardless of the hardware. If you have the money and don't mind upgrading every 6 months, Android isn't bad. The phones will usually run pretty well for that time. However, once a new software fix or feature comes out, don't count on them updating your phone with it. You'll need to buy the new phone to see those.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is always so focused on the hardware. Android phones (especially Samsung) are known to have the latest and greatest hardware. The biggest deciding factor between the iPhone and Android should be the software that runs it. I used Android for years, and the fragmentation and lack of software support just kills the experience.. Regardless of the hardware. If you have the money and don't mind upgrading every 6 months, Android isn't bad. The phones will usually run pretty well for that time. However, once a new software fix or feature comes out, don't count on them updating your phone with it. You'll need to buy the new phone to see those.

This is the reason why I always jump back to iPhone after trying out Android for a couple of months.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who uses a note 5 still that performs just the same as it did the day they bought it? That's why I'm hesitant to jump from iPhone. My 6s plus still performs just like new.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone who uses a note 5 still that performs just the same as it did the day they bought it? That's why I'm hesitant to jump from iPhone. My 6s plus still performs just like new.

I still have my Note 5 that I had since day one and use it daily. It runs exactly the same as it did when I bought it. If it slowed down at all then I can't tell. Not to mention the Note 5 is way more feature rich than an iPhone.

In my opinion, i think this whole slow down thing gets exaggerated which I understand since this is an apple forum.

My Note 5 is just as solid as my 6s plus.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Note 5 that I had since day one and use it daily. It runs exactly the same as it did when I bought it. If it slowed down at all then I can't tell. Not to mention the Note 5 is way more feature rich than an iPhone.

In my opinion, i think this whole slow down thing gets exaggerated which I understand since this is an apple forum.

My Note 5 is just as solid as my 6s plus.

The problem with Android is that they let you tinker too much with the OS. I have to give Apple credit for locking down the OS to prevent the user from causing harm to the experience. The downside is a lack of customization and a lack of making the phone conform to your workflow needs compared to Android.

Flashing ROMs, icon packs, themes, deep level utilities etc etc are all great... but used enough and the phone will slow down. Same thing happens with PCs, Macs and other devices that are more "open" than the iPhone. Again... to Apple's credit.

Not surprised your Note 5 is purring along.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I am getting the Note 7 and keeping my iPhone 6S+. I will use both. IMO, Samsung Cameras outshine the competition and Apple outshines in OS overall operation. I'll take what I like about both and use it to my advantage. But I will use both devices and keep both eco systems up to date with my information. Let's hope that Samsung's reduction of TouchWhiz was for the better of the device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen