Note 7

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about switching.
Go for it.
It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong?
Maybe, but it depends on your expectations. I don't think it's falling behind, but that's my personal opinion.
Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.
Okay, but you're assuming everyone cares about those things in the manner in which you do. Everyone likes what they like. If you prefer the Note 7 over the iPhone, get it and be happy with it.

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Go for it. Maybe, but it depends on your expectations. I don't think it's falling behind, but that's my personal opinion. Okay, but you're assuming everyone cares about those things in the manner in which you do. Everyone likes what they like. If you prefer the Note 7 over the iPhone, get it and be happy with it.

Well, I am just saying that I do believe everyone likes to get the most out of what they are paying for. Also I hope people like some of things I listed because those are what makes a smartphone a smartphone. It was also a question as to what others thought about the way Apple is updating their devices. But sometimes loyalty blinds I guess.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is how I look at Android devices (especially Samsung). Let's look at this similar to a horse race, out of the gate the Samsung looks great and takes the lead into the first turn, then runs out of gas with three more turns left in the race.
After approx three months maybe four the support deteriorates and if I'm lucky enough to see a Android OS update during the short lifespan, it makes the smartphone almost unusable. Proof in the pudding is the resale value...it pretty much speaks for itself. Thanks , but no thanks. The iPhone might not have all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done on a daily basis...it's been my experience that the Apple iPhone "JUST WORKS"....my .02 cents.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am just saying that I do believe everyone likes to get the most out of what they are paying for.
I agree, but again, you're assuming that people are not getting the most of what they're paying for when they opt for the iPhone over the Note 7. For example, if the iPhone meets or exceeds someone's expectations of it then to them, they are getting the most out of what they're paying for.
Also I hope people like some of things I listed because those are what makes a smartphone a smartphone.
All smartphones have a display, RAM, virtual or hardware keyboard, a camera and a speaker, if I'm not mistaken. Some smartphones have more RAM than others but performs less efficiently. I'd argue that most users do not "need" a camera that exceeds that of an iPhone 4. As for the display, I don't think I've ever been dissatisfied with the display on any mobile device I've ever owned and I've owned a lot since 1989.
It was also a question as to what others thought about the way Apple is updating their devices. But sometimes loyalty blinds I guess.
I'm not loyal to Apple, but I am content with the products and services they offer. There's nothing wrong with how they are updating their devices, in my opinion, but I also understand that it cannot please everyone nor are their devices for everyone. Anyway, as I've stated earlier, if you want the Note 7, go for it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This is how I look at Android devices (especially Samsung). Let's look at this similar to a horse race, out of the gate the Samsung looks great and takes the lead into the first turn, then runs out of gas with three more turns left in the race.
After approx three months maybe four the support deteriorates and if I'm lucky enough to see a Android OS update during the short lifespan, it makes the smartphone almost unusable. Proof in the pudding is the resale value...it pretty much speaks for itself. Thanks , but no thanks. The iPhone might not have all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done on a daily basis...it's been my experience that the Apple iPhone "JUST WORKS"....my .02 cents.

Thank you for that. I have never really gave Android phones a chance because I am a straight Apple sheep. I love apple and have all apple things. I guess when you see the note 7 is it like asking yourself "is the grass greener on the other side". But you seem to have knowledge on using android phones and you are right if in the long run the Iphone blows out those devices because of stability then nothing else matters. Great post!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I want to as the last android phone I think I remember owning even if it was for just a few days was the note 4. However, I know deep down I will end back up on my iPhone. iMessage is a powerful platform when 90% of the people you talk to on a daily basis use it.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also the T-Mobile rep tried talking me into the pre-order when I was playing with the phone with the free $120 value of free Netflix.

I thought to myself and spend $850+ on a phone for $120 Netflix coupon, or just buy a $120 Netflix coupon.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
For anyone that thinks the grass is greener on the other side - I say go and try it. You will never know until you do.

I own a Note 5 that doesn't get much love these days. It's a great phone but I can't pull myself out of the Apple ecosystem. I have tried to force myself to like it, but I always go back to the iPhone.

So give it a try, you might like it and you might not.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about switching. It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong? Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.

889 for 64gb is more for the money? I personally think your wrong about the iPhone falling behind for 80% of the people out there that's not comparing screens or cameras they are just using a really good reliable phone that las for years with updates. 10% out there that wants the latest and greatest yes the iPhone is falling behind and you can say they never was ahead for those people. It never had the best of the best against the note. S pen has always been there. The screen has always looked better. Camera can be debated but the note camera has always been good.

Apple will sell 3 times more iPhones then Samsung sells s7-note 7s cause the 90% never seems to care about being out speced if that's a word lol

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple will sell 3 times more iPhones then Samsung sells s7-note 7s cause the 90% never seems to care about being out speced if that's a word lol
I agree with this 100%

This is what a lot of people don't realize. The 90% don't care about the latest and greatest "features!" I used to be apart of the 10% and still am to some aspect but now spending $850+ on a device I may only use for a month or two is not a great investment.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Most people tend to look for a great phone that works well. Only geeks like me care about specs

Get help I did . I'm now geek free for 100 days and take it slow day by day haha. I use to buy every new phone until I saw that all I did was use them for a month or two and then put them on swappa cause I was only using my iPhone daily. 100 days ago I knew I had a problem when I noticed I had a note 5 and nexus 6p both still in the box unopened and didn't remember how long I had them. I turned to my wife for help. She now ask me "do you really need that" every time I'm about to buy a new phone and so far so good lol

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Played with the note 7 at Walmart today. The speaker was super quiet compared to my iPhone 6s Plus. I played a Luke Bryan music video from YouTube and I thought the volume was broke. Otherwise a beautiful device

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Get help I did . I'm now geek free for 100 days and take it slow day by day haha. I use to buy every new phone until I saw that all I did was use them for a month or two and then put them on swappa cause I was only using my iPhone daily. 100 days ago I knew I had a problem when I noticed I had a note 5 and nexus 6p both still in the box unopened and didn't remember how long I had them. I turned to my wife for help. She now ask me "do you really need that" every time I'm about to buy a new phone and so far so good lol

I get up to date with the latest and greatest tech news, and I'm always interested in what the new devices have to offer.. But I don't buy it unless I really need it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR