Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 199
Like Tree187Likes
  1. #151  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,497 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,088 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    It's TouchWiz not android. I haven't seen a nexus 6p or oneplus 3 lag at all. I'm using a S7 and no lag in a week and I'm using tw although nova is a bit more smooth. I hope not to see this lag as long as I'm using this s7
    No it's android. Touchwiz doesn't help the problem. I've had Nexus devices too and although not as immediate as Galaxy, lag sets in. My dusty 5S performs great with zero lag it's old as heck. I look forward to a day where Android really takes this problem serious and starts focusing on optimization as much as Apple does.
  2. #152  
    Jean Sagarese's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I have had my Note 7 since Monday and have seen no signs of lag, it paired with my car easier than any of the Apple iPhones I have had, today I went to pick up lunch and used Samsung Pay, got $20.00 back so far only one of my previous apps will not cooperate but I see others saying that Punchcard has not been working for them either so I cannot complain. Wireless charging has been fast, screen is amazing.
    Wildo6882 and ladyc0524 like this.
  3. #153  
    jdfry15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    525 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sagarese View Post
    I have had my Note 7 since Monday and have seen no signs of lag, it paired with my car easier than any of the Apple iPhones I have had, today I went to pick up lunch and used Samsung Pay, got $20.00 back so far only one of my previous apps will not cooperate but I see others saying that Punchcard has not been working for them either so I cannot complain. Wireless charging has been fast, screen is amazing.
    Samsung pay is very cool. I used it last night on an old terminal and the guy looked at me crazy and said did you just use your phone and it worked. I'm still on the fence. I'm worried about Samsung updates not how long they will take but what they will do to the phone. My note 4 went to crap after lollipop. The apps on my 6s plus are so much nicer and smoother and seem to always function better and have better system integration and use Touch ID much more often then the same apps on the note 7.
  4. #154  
    Tech_User16's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by italodance View Post
    Guys i really don't understand what you are talking about? Note is Samsung and Samsung or Android both are so weak and useless against iOS and American iPhone..Have you seen this?

    Galaxy Note 7 vs. iPhone 6s real-life speed test proves specs aren?t everything

    One year old iPhone is way stronger than useless Note 7, Specs arent everything.


    And iOS spec is optimized for Humans like you, You think apple could not make a phone with higher specs for Camera Display CPU PPi Ram....

    ????

    Just think for a second, iPhone made for normal users and humans and that's enough! Do you think your eyes can support 1000 PPi? or 26 MP camera of Samsungs are better than your 12 MP of 6S Plus? please be technical, iPhone camera is way better than 26 unreal Camera of Samsung because it has better lens or what about Ram and CPU? if Apple makes 5 GB of Ram, it would be awesome for you? yes? You are wrong! Apple knows the best for you and knows to optimize the best hardware function with iOS without any minor issue such as slow FW lags bugs....

    So What do you expect more? Think what is the best for you and use it as an End-User.
    LOL. Funny and sad.
  5. #155  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,497 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,088 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sagarese View Post
    I have had my Note 7 since Monday and have seen no signs of lag.
    Denial.
  6. #156  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I have had my Note 7 for about a week and am loving it. It is like the hot girl that you finally ask on a date.

    You know you want to try it, you know she isn't your type, she has great numbers, and the first few days are amazing, but once the fog clears and you realize that you are looking for someone to spend everyday with, you want to go back to the girl that has always treated you well, takes care of all your needs and can be counted on.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  7. #157  
    kurpaige's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    I have had my Note 7 for about a week and am loving it. It is like the hot girl that you finally ask on a date.

    You know you want to try it, you know she isn't your type, she has great numbers, and the first few days are amazing, but once the fog clears and you realize that you are looking for someone to spend everyday with, you want to go back to the girl that has always treated you well, takes care of all your needs and can be counted on.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    You should make halmark cards lol
  8. #158  
    Doug B's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I switched to the N7 from my 6+ a week ago now. Great phone. It wasn't my first note. I had the N4 and loved it. The screen is beautiful and I didn't really experience any lag. It's a good looking phone. My wife and daughter still have iPhones and iPads but I was able to find ways to integrate our calendars with iCal. My only drawback is the battery. Man this N7 eats battery power like crazy! Using it the same as my iPhone my battery will be down to 40% by noon. The iPhone would only be down to 70% +\-. For me this is unacceptable. I tired a FDR and looked for rogue apps but it's still the same. If I had a cushy desk job I would say it's acceptable since I could just keep it on the charger but I work outdoors and don't have a lot of room for an extra external battery. So.... It's going back and I'll get another iPhone. At least the N4 had a removable battery. If this one had a removable battery I would probably keep it. Don't get me wrong though. The N7 is a beast of a phone. Samsung has come a long way with Touchwiz. I actually don't mind it. I have no brand loyalty or OS loyalty. I just want something that works.
    mpshah and RobertP1 like this.
  9. #159  
    gernerttl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Kathrein View Post
    Not the case any longer. Software on Android is great now. Samsung newest OS customizations aren't crap anymore. My wife just got the note 7 and lovers it. I have a nexus 6p and have no slowdowns after 6 months and I'm on the beta of the newest OS. I think if you haven't got there recent top end Samsung on Nexus then you have old experiences that aren't current.
    I would agree. HTC really soured me on Android if I had gone back to Samsung, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

    My personal preference is still Windows Mobile though. I think that Microsoft has the superior OS. It has the stability and consistency that iOS has with the customization of Android. Securitywise it is more secure than both iOS and Android. Cortana is better than Google Now and Siri when it comes to actual capabilities. Though Google's search engine is better (but not by much) than Bing.

    I just wish Microsoft could get developers on board. Certain apps I use regularly are not on Microsoft's store. Like a banking app for my credit union. That is the true app gap that Microsoft has.

    If I go back to Android, the Note 7 or the S7 would be my first choices.
  10. #160  
    areyes163's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,976 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I had the Note 7. The time I had it it was a great device. I got done small scratches on the back of it though. Not sure how as I test my devices with extra care. I had to return it. No real lag but my Moto Z seems much faster. I'm waiting for another 6s plus to arrive any day now. I was going to wait for the 7 buy i found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 128 GB 6s plus do I pulled the trigger.

    Overall I always get the latest Android devices but always return to the iPhone. I really need to stop wasting money and stay put. But I have issues. Lol.
    Wildo6882 and RobertP1 like this.
  11. #161  
    Wildo6882's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,812 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I had the Note 7. The time I had it it was a great device. I got done small scratches on the back of it though. Not sure how as I test my devices with extra care. I had to return it. No real lag but my Moto Z seems much faster. I'm waiting for another 6s plus to arrive any day now. I was going to wait for the 7 buy i found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 128 GB 6s plus do I pulled the trigger.

    Overall I always get the latest Android devices but always return to the iPhone. I really need to stop wasting money and stay put. But I have issues. Lol.
    You and I are pretty much the same. I need to stop spending so much money on phones and just stick to one thing. I go from Android to iOS and back again. So much money just tossed in the can for accessories and buying and selling. This time I'm finding it VERY hard to leave iOS. I keep wanting to. And I keep finding every reason not to. I actually think after much consideration, I'm just staying where I am. I'll be ordering a 7 or 7 Plus next week as soon as I can.

    I need to figure out a companion device now...
  12. #162  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    You and I are pretty much the same. I need to stop spending so much money on phones and just stick to one thing. I go from Android to iOS and back again. So much money just tossed in the can for accessories and buying and selling. This time I'm finding it VERY hard to leave iOS. I keep wanting to. And I keep finding every reason not to. I actually think after much consideration, I'm just staying where I am. I'll be ordering a 7 or 7 Plus next week as soon as I can.

    I need to figure out a companion device now...

    To fill my need for change, I have opted to go with many of the Midrange phones on the market today.. To fill my Android fix, I have a Samsung J7 for $149, I am going to try the Blackberry Dtek50 for $299 and I have a Moto G4+ that went for $299. I go very cheap on the cases and am finding that I can sell them very easily and continue to feed the monster what it needs without breaking the bank

    My 128Gb Iphone 6S+ is still the DD and will continue to be,until I fall in love with the 7
    Wildo6882, libra89 and jdfry15 like this.
  13. #163  
    Wildo6882's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,812 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    To fill my need for change, I have opted to go with many of the Midrange phones on the market today.. To fill my Android fix, I have a Samsung J7 for $149, I am going to try the Blackberry Dtek50 for $299 and I have a Moto G4+ that went for $299. I go very cheap on the cases and am finding that I can sell them very easily and continue to feed the monster what it needs without breaking the bank

    My 128Gb Iphone 6S+ is still the DD and will continue to be,until I fall in love with the 7
    I've thought about doing pretty much the exact same thing. I'm looking into picking up a midranger in the Android world to switch to when I get that itch again. There are so many out there, that are honestly pretty good phones, that it won't be hard to find. Swappa is my friend. While I love the customization of Android and the freedom it gives you, I just can't quite pull myself away from the total package that an iPhone provides. Between the GPS being solid, Bluetooth being flawless, handoff from Wi-Fi to LTE never fails, battery life that never leaves me worried about a dead battery, camera that takes fantastic pictures and videos (and is easier to access now on iOS 10), and the service you can get from Apple and know that your phone will be backed up by them - I just can't switch back full time. Don't have the time to mess with it anymore.
    RobertP1 likes this.
  14. #164  
    kurpaige's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Was doing the same and had an OnePlus 3 about to be ordered when a co worker looking over my shoulder offered to sell me his s7 so he can put that towards his note. So now my side Android phone is a s7 for the 400 I was about to put on a 1+3
    RobertP1 likes this.
  15. #165  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I am really excited about getting the BlackBerry Dtek. I want BlackBerry to survive and at $299, I will give it a shot
  16. #166  
    jdfry15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    525 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    I am really excited about getting the BlackBerry Dtek. I want BlackBerry to survive and at $299, I will give it a shot
    I've always had a soft spot for blackberry. My first smartphone was the 6710 back in 2004 I believe. It's too bad everything really boiled down to app support for blackberry and windows phone. They still make solid phones will good software, but there just isn't any support.
    RobertP1 likes this.
  17. #167  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    I am a huge "phone guy" and love them all. But if someone is just a person who uses his smartphone for daily tasks and is comfortable with the Apple ecosystem, switching to Android will be a big deal. The beauty of Apple is the ease in which it works and handles your daily needs.

    Not dissing the N7 but sticking with Apple is the better choice for most people who are not phone fanatics
    chrisforpm and libra89 like this.
  18. #168  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,553 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,668 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Apparently a couple of Note 7 exploded while charging and Samsung is holding off its shipments. This is one of the reason why I love Apple.
    RobertP1 likes this.
  19. #169  
    RobertP1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Apparently a couple of Note 7 exploded while charging and Samsung is holding off its shipments. This is one of the reason why I love Apple.

    I hate to say it, but it is kind of funny.. an exploding Note??? That is great for business!
    piscestg likes this.
  20. #170  
    Wildo6882's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,812 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it is kind of funny.. an exploding Note??? That is great for business!
    Galaxy Note 7: Mission Impossible Edition!
  21. #171  
    kurpaige's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Apparently a couple of Note 7 exploded while charging and Samsung is holding off its shipments. This is one of the reason why I love Apple.
    All I hear is "this note will self destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck Ethan"
    RobertP1 likes this.
  22. #172  
    Dukins's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Cmon on guys there have been iphones that have exploded in the past. iPhone 6 explosion leaves man with third-degree burns - CNET I like both platforms and will definitely check out the iphone 7. Both Os's have their shortcomings. Like Iphone:Water Resistance Edition or Iphone:Lack of User Control File Storage Edition, think you get the point lol.
  23. #173  
    kurpaige's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Cmon on guys there have been iphones that have exploded in the past. iPhone 6 explosion leaves man with third-degree burns - CNET I like both platforms and will definitely check out the iphone 7. Both Os's have their shortcomings. Like Iphone:Water Resistance Edition or Iphone:Lack of User Control File Storage Edition, think you get the point lol.
    Yea but reports are coming out that it might be a defect in the battery and they'll have to recall all notes. Hope it's not true but if it is that'sdamaging to the brand.
    RobertP1 likes this.
  24. #174  
    Dukins's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    Yea but reports are coming out that it might be a defect in the battery and they'll have to recall all notes. Hope it's not true but if it is that'sdamaging to the brand.
    I agree. I bought a Note 7 and the battery would deplete by itself from 40%-0%. I recently got a replacement, but its definitely something going on with the battery.I will give them another chance, if its not to my liking by next week ill get the 7 plus.
  25. #175  
    sillar68's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Cmon on guys there have been iphones that have exploded in the past. iPhone 6 explosion leaves man with third-degree burns - CNET I like both platforms and will definitely check out the iphone 7. Both Os's have their shortcomings. Like Iphone:Water Resistance Edition or Iphone:Lack of User Control File Storage Edition, think you get the point lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    Yea but reports are coming out that it might be a defect in the battery and they'll have to recall all notes. Hope it's not true but if it is that'sdamaging to the brand.
    Yeah, a lot of commenters on other websites have been quick to point out that it happened to a few iphones here or there, from years ago. However I haven't ever seen a major incident, where potentially an entire Flagship product line is recalled. I would implore anyone to steer clear of the Note 7 until an issue this dangerous is officially resolved.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 09:41 PM
  3. Secure notes alternative that is trustworthy?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM
  5. Which iPad is better for taking handwriting notes?
    By kazzalora in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions