One thing people tend to forget about Android and the perceived "lack of updates" is that SOOOOO many core features in Android are updated without a major OS update. Which isn't the case at all with iOS. What I mean is, new features in apps like Gmail, Music, Calendar, Camera, etc. can all be updated pretty regularly just by updating the apps. You want those same things updated in iOS? Then you have to wait for either a point release or an entirely new OS update. Arguing updates between Apple and Android is an apples v. oranges debate. Not one in the same. Additionally, Samsung has shown, at least with the S7/S7 edge, to be on top of the monthly security updates (at least in the carrier versions). All major carrier versions are on the July update.

And I don't believe in the perceived slow down either. My wife had an S6 edge Plus that worked just as well as the day she got it. She only traded it in to get the S7 edge for the battery life boost. But I messed around with that phone, it was absolutely on par with my.
    Good point. How is her battery life on the S7Edge compared to your iP6s Plus?
    08-23-2016 12:55 PM
    I watch a lot of Youtube and the Iphone is great but I think that I have to give the edge to the Note 7 as far as display
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-23-2016 01:36 PM
    No chance. I have had a few notes before. Never leaving iOS again.
    Murpheee likes this.
    08-23-2016 02:24 PM
    No chance. I have had a few notes before. Never leaving iOS again.
    Agree. Not leaving iOS but can enjoy both
    glj104, libra89 and Murpheee like this.
    08-23-2016 02:33 PM
    Nope, however it does look like a great Android device. I would have one if I wasn't so addicted to my 6s+
    08-23-2016 05:56 PM
    I watch a lot of Youtube and the Iphone is great but I think that I have to give the edge to the Note 7 as far as display
    Yep! That's screen is pretty nice!
    08-23-2016 05:58 PM
    Beautiful screen but a lot of other issues make it hard to love Samsung phones. I say that owning a Note 5
    08-23-2016 06:00 PM
    Beautiful screen but a lot of other issues make it hard to love Samsung phones. I say that owning a Note 5
    What issues? Asking so I know what to look out for.
    08-23-2016 06:12 PM
    What issues? Asking so I know what to look out for.
    My two biggest concerns are battery life (I don't get near the battery life on my note 5 that I do on my 6s+). Also software updates, they seem to hinder the phone more so than help it.
    08-23-2016 06:15 PM
    My two biggest concerns are battery life (I don't get near the battery life on my note 5 that I do on my 6s+). Also software updates, they seem to hinder the phone more so than help it.
    Yeah. No phone will ever touch apple in those two categories.
    08-23-2016 06:16 PM
    Yeah. No phone will ever touch apple in those two categories.
    Which is fine, you go into it knowing that. I guess it's a trade off since you get many more features.
    kurpaige likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:01 PM
    I've used an iPhone before and the battery does not run out that fast. This is due to the fact that I stop background activities on my phone by double tapping and swiping up. The S7 seems to be good at battery life too but doesn't seem that reliable with the constant update requests.
    08-23-2016 11:00 PM
    Good point. How is her battery life on the S7Edge compared to your iP6s Plus?
    Samsung sent me a S7 Edge recently. The battery life between the Edge and the 6s Plus is very similar. Samsung had sent me a S6 Edge + last year. That battery was horrible. But this year the S7 Edge battery is on par with the 6S Plus.
    08-24-2016 12:22 AM
    I picked up a note 7 on Friday and it's a nice device but I have found every app I install makes me turn off screen overlay before it will accept the permissions. Also having a MacBook Pro and iPad I miss the little integration pieces. So I am returning it and hopefully use my upgrade for the 7
    chrisforpm likes this.
    08-24-2016 12:44 AM
    I picked up a note 7 on Friday and it's a nice device but I have found every app I install makes me turn off screen overlay before it will accept the permissions. Also having a MacBook Pro and iPad I miss the little integration pieces. So I am returning it and hopefully use my upgrade for the 7
    That always happens to me whenever I try a new Note.
    08-24-2016 07:06 AM
    That always happens to me whenever I try a new Note.
    Wasted money...Pfffff
    08-24-2016 12:04 PM
    For me not so much, got the money I paid back and they restored my next upgrade
    08-24-2016 10:14 PM
    I just switched to the Note 7 and it is NOT a nightmare - same apps as I had on my iPhone 6 Plus and I am very glad I went back. Have not tried the S-Pen yet but looking forward to it. Oh and last time I checked the iPhones were not made in America either.
    08-25-2016 10:07 AM
    Anyone thinking of jumping form iPhone to the new note 7? I know the next iPhone is coming next month, we might be looking at an iPhone 6SS.
    I bought one to try on my other line. After a few days my sim is back in my iPhone. I missed it. A lot.
    08-26-2016 01:17 AM
    My wife and I had the note 7 up until today actually. We both preordered and they were delivered to us on the 18th of last week. She had me return hers this morning. And about an hour later I retuned mine.

A few things about that... Her primary reason to return was that with our household full of Apple products, introducing a non-Apple device that didn't communicate seamlessly was too annoying for her. However I did agree to an extent with her, however, I was a little more forgiving.

My main reason was that after a week and with less than 50 apps on there, it started to lag and stutter. I changed out the launcher to Nova and that helped a little but not a lot. I also used package disabler to shut down bloatware but again, that yielded small results.

2 games I play a lot were terrible on the a note 7. I play a lot of Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Quest for Stuff. On the Note 7, the lag was so bad and "stuttery" that I simply gave up playing on it and defaulted to my iPad Pro 12 inch. That's utterly embarrassing.

When doing a lot on the Note 7, it starts to get really bogged down. Yesterday morning I started app updates via the google play store and there were about 16 updates. When I selected update all, I started to carry on with my normal usage... And the lag kicked in almost immediately. I basically had to stop using the device for about 10 minutes until it was caught up and everything was downloaded and updated. Also embarrassing...

I know there is a speed comparison video comparing the iPhone 6 against the a note 7 and I decided to do my own real word test yesterday night. 9 out 10, the iPhone beat out the Note 7. And seriously, not a single moment of lag or stutter on the iPhone. On the Note? You bet.

So this morning I returned my wife's Note 7 and she went back to her SE. As I was driving home, I just had this feeling that I should get my return in before the window closed and I was stuck. I hadn't yet sent in my Jump trade in so when I got home, I gave it more though and ultimately set up my return as well.

I really try to like android and give it a go but it lets me down almost every single time. I can only imagine what the performance would be like 3-4 months in on that phone. With that said, I'm back to my iPhone 6S+ and will trade it in instead for the upcoming 7+.

Android has a good way of luring you in with all these awesome features. And then you sober up and the beer goggles come off and you've woken up next to a butterface.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-26-2016 02:09 AM
    I was tempted to swap my 6S as it was only a 16gb and wanting a bigger screen for a Note 7, but $1349 here, I found a 1 day old 6S plus 64gb for $700 new price $1379, so that killed that idea Sold my 6S for $670, happy days till the 7 anyway.
    08-26-2016 05:53 AM
    the smart thing samsung did is using edge style , that makes the phone sick and sexy

about the system , it is just android , if you get used to it , you will be fine to go
    Yet it still lags no matter what hardware is put in there. I'm very well versed with android but won't put up with that when the optimization still fails with stellar horsepower.
    08-26-2016 11:02 AM
    My wife and I had the note 7 up until today actually. We both preordered and they were delivered to us on the 18th of last week. She had me return hers this morning. And about an hour later I retuned mine.

A few things about that... Her primary reason to return was that with our household full of Apple products, introducing a non-Apple device that didn't communicate seamlessly was too annoying for her. However I did agree to an extent with her, however, I was a little more forgiving.

My main reason was that after a week and with less than 50 apps on there, it started to lag and stutter. I changed out the launcher to Nova and that helped a little but not a lot. I also used package disabler to shut down bloatware but again, that yielded small results.

2 games I play a lot were terrible on the a note 7. I play a lot of Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Quest for Stuff. On the Note 7, the lag was so bad and "stuttery" that I simply gave up playing on it and defaulted to my iPad Pro 12 inch. That's utterly embarrassing.

When doing a lot on the Note 7, it starts to get really bogged down. Yesterday morning I started app updates via the google play store and there were about 16 updates. When I selected update all, I started to carry on with my normal usage... And the lag kicked in almost immediately. I basically had to stop using the device for about 10 minutes until it was caught up and everything was downloaded and updated. Also embarrassing...

I know there is a speed comparison video comparing the iPhone 6 against the a note 7 and I decided to do my own real word test yesterday night. 9 out 10, the iPhone beat out the Note 7. And seriously, not a single moment of lag or stutter on the iPhone. On the Note? You bet.

So this morning I returned my wife's Note 7 and she went back to her SE. As I was driving home, I just had this feeling that I should get my return in before the window closed and I was stuck. I hadn't yet sent in my Jump trade in so when I got home, I gave it more though and ultimately set up my return as well.

I really try to like android and give it a go but it lets me down almost every single time. I can only imagine what the performance would be like 3-4 months in on that phone. With that said, I'm back to my iPhone 6S+ and will trade it in instead for the upcoming 7+.

Android has a good way of luring you in with all these awesome features. And then you sober up and the beer goggles come off and you've woken up next to a butterface.
    Very thorough post. Thank You .
    08-26-2016 11:05 AM

I have a Sammy S7 Edge. As it really is a great smart phone, I do notice the stutter sometimes too. A little bit of lag. It's just the Android OS. iOS is really much smoother.
    08-26-2016 11:19 AM
    I have a Sammy S7 Edge. As it really is a great smart phone, I do notice the stutter sometimes too. A little bit of lag. It's just the Android OS. iOS is really much smoother.
    It's TouchWiz not android. I haven't seen a nexus 6p or oneplus 3 lag at all. I'm using a S7 and no lag in a week and I'm using tw although nova is a bit more smooth. I hope not to see this lag as long as I'm using this s7
    08-26-2016 11:25 AM
199 ... 45678