Well, I am just saying that I do believe everyone likes to get the most out of what they are paying for.
    I agree, but again, you're assuming that people are not getting the most of what they're paying for when they opt for the iPhone over the Note 7. For example, if the iPhone meets or exceeds someone's expectations of it then to them, they are getting the most out of what they're paying for.
    Also I hope people like some of things I listed because those are what makes a smartphone a smartphone.
    All smartphones have a display, RAM, virtual or hardware keyboard, a camera and a speaker, if I'm not mistaken. Some smartphones have more RAM than others but performs less efficiently. I'd argue that most users do not "need" a camera that exceeds that of an iPhone 4. As for the display, I don't think I've ever been dissatisfied with the display on any mobile device I've ever owned and I've owned a lot since 1989.
    It was also a question as to what others thought about the way Apple is updating their devices. But sometimes loyalty blinds I guess.
    I'm not loyal to Apple, but I am content with the products and services they offer. There's nothing wrong with how they are updating their devices, in my opinion, but I also understand that it cannot please everyone nor are their devices for everyone. Anyway, as I've stated earlier, if you want the Note 7, go for it. There's nothing wrong with that.
    08-07-2016 01:22 PM
    This is how I look at Android devices (especially Samsung). Let's look at this similar to a horse race, out of the gate the Samsung looks great and takes the lead into the first turn, then runs out of gas with three more turns left in the race.
    After approx three months maybe four the support deteriorates and if I'm lucky enough to see a Android OS update during the short lifespan, it makes the smartphone almost unusable. Proof in the pudding is the resale value...it pretty much speaks for itself. Thanks , but no thanks. The iPhone might not have all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done on a daily basis...it's been my experience that the Apple iPhone "JUST WORKS"....my .02 cents.
    Thank you for that. I have never really gave Android phones a chance because I am a straight Apple sheep. I love apple and have all apple things. I guess when you see the note 7 is it like asking yourself "is the grass greener on the other side". But you seem to have knowledge on using android phones and you are right if in the long run the Iphone blows out those devices because of stability then nothing else matters. Great post!
    08-07-2016 01:24 PM
    I want to as the last android phone I think I remember owning even if it was for just a few days was the note 4. However, I know deep down I will end back up on my iPhone. iMessage is a powerful platform when 90% of the people you talk to on a daily basis use it.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-07-2016 02:45 PM
    Also the T-Mobile rep tried talking me into the pre-order when I was playing with the phone with the free $120 value of free Netflix.

I thought to myself and spend $850+ on a phone for $120 Netflix coupon, or just buy a $120 Netflix coupon.
    ladyc0524 and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-07-2016 02:51 PM
    For anyone that thinks the grass is greener on the other side - I say go and try it. You will never know until you do.

I own a Note 5 that doesn't get much love these days. It's a great phone but I can't pull myself out of the Apple ecosystem. I have tried to force myself to like it, but I always go back to the iPhone.

So give it a try, you might like it and you might not.
    08-07-2016 07:31 PM
    I'm a ways from an upgrade, but I am looking outside of Apple for the fist time in a long long time. I came to Apple for stability, but I won't stay to pay a premium for last decades phone.
    Last decades phone? Not understanding that comment
    08-07-2016 09:28 PM
    I am thinking about switching. It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong? Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.
    889 for 64gb is more for the money? I personally think your wrong about the iPhone falling behind for 80% of the people out there that's not comparing screens or cameras they are just using a really good reliable phone that las for years with updates. 10% out there that wants the latest and greatest yes the iPhone is falling behind and you can say they never was ahead for those people. It never had the best of the best against the note. S pen has always been there. The screen has always looked better. Camera can be debated but the note camera has always been good.

Apple will sell 3 times more iPhones then Samsung sells s7-note 7s cause the 90% never seems to care about being out speced if that's a word lol
    08-07-2016 09:37 PM
    Apple will sell 3 times more iPhones then Samsung sells s7-note 7s cause the 90% never seems to care about being out speced if that's a word lol
    I agree with this 100%

This is what a lot of people don't realize. The 90% don't care about the latest and greatest "features!" I used to be apart of the 10% and still am to some aspect but now spending $850+ on a device I may only use for a month or two is not a great investment.
    08-08-2016 07:18 AM
    Most people tend to look for a great phone that works well. Only geeks like me care about specs
    08-08-2016 07:20 AM
    Most people tend to look for a great phone that works well. Only geeks like me care about specs
    Get help I did . I'm now geek free for 100 days and take it slow day by day haha. I use to buy every new phone until I saw that all I did was use them for a month or two and then put them on swappa cause I was only using my iPhone daily. 100 days ago I knew I had a problem when I noticed I had a note 5 and nexus 6p both still in the box unopened and didn't remember how long I had them. I turned to my wife for help. She now ask me "do you really need that" every time I'm about to buy a new phone and so far so good lol
    08-08-2016 07:32 AM
    Played with the note 7 at Walmart today. The speaker was super quiet compared to my iPhone 6s Plus. I played a Luke Bryan music video from YouTube and I thought the volume was broke. Otherwise a beautiful device
    08-08-2016 05:48 PM
    Played with the note 7 at Walmart today. The speaker was super quiet compared to my iPhone 6s Plus. I played a Luke Bryan music video from YouTube and I thought the volume was broke. Otherwise a beautiful device
    IP68
    sinclac likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:02 PM
    IP68
    That might be why Apple is replacing the headphone jack for a second speaker this year. An IP68 iPhone will sound just as loud as a 6s plus.
    08-08-2016 09:07 PM
    Get help I did . I'm now geek free for 100 days and take it slow day by day haha. I use to buy every new phone until I saw that all I did was use them for a month or two and then put them on swappa cause I was only using my iPhone daily. 100 days ago I knew I had a problem when I noticed I had a note 5 and nexus 6p both still in the box unopened and didn't remember how long I had them. I turned to my wife for help. She now ask me "do you really need that" every time I'm about to buy a new phone and so far so good lol
    I get up to date with the latest and greatest tech news, and I'm always interested in what the new devices have to offer.. But I don't buy it unless I really need it
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:08 PM
    That might be why Apple is replacing the headphone jack for a second speaker this year. An IP68 iPhone will sound just as loud as a 6s plus.
    Quite possible. I really hope Apple offers some kind of water resistance.
    08-08-2016 09:09 PM
    Quite possible. I really hope Apple offers some kind of water resistance.
    I do hope so!
    Faster charging and better display would be nice too oh and front facing speakers
    08-08-2016 09:10 PM
    I started a thread on AC asking if people felt that the Note 7 was worth 4 times the price of the J7 and I was ripped apart. I was not suggesting that the Note 7 was a bad phone (God forbid) just if it was 4 times better than the J7... Imagine if I asked if they felt the Note 7 was better than my 6S+? They would be burning down my house! LOL

The inevitable lag that creeps into Android phones cripples the resale and make the Iphone even more of a value and how do you put a value on walking into an Apple store and getting your phone fixed or replaced on the spot if needed?
    08-09-2016 01:49 PM
    I could have written this post myself. I have a drawer full of phones at all times. Usually at least one from each OS (Yes, I still have a Blackberry).. I play with them and vow to make them my daily driver for a month to really get the feel of the phone and I usually break that promise in about 2 days when something pops up and my Iphone would have handled it perfectly and I didn't have it available and I go home and swap back.

When the dust settles, it is always the iphone that I come back to.
    kurpaige likes this.
    08-09-2016 01:54 PM
    I started a thread on AC asking if people felt that the Note 7 was worth 4 times the price of the J7 and I was ripped apart. I was not suggesting that the Note 7 was a bad phone (God forbid) just if it was 4 times better than the J7... Imagine if I asked if they felt the Note 7 was better than my 6S+? They would be burning down my house! LOL

The inevitable lag that creeps into Android phones cripples the resale and make the Iphone even more of a value and how do you put a value on walking into an Apple store and getting your phone fixed or replaced on the spot if needed?
    This is the part that's hard for people to understand that's not use to the value of the Apple Store and I got 600 for my iPhone 6s 64gb 5 months old to get my plus. I had to hold to my guns and wait for a while to get 500 for my note 5 one month in. No sd card and I didn't think that phone was better than the note 4 I had on my desk. It's hard to explain the value of owning Apple.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-09-2016 02:17 PM

Do you think your 6S+ is worth 4 times the price of the J7? The 64gb 6S+ and N7 are both $849 retail.

Before you answer... you have to consider what you want out of a phone. For some... no phone is worth its $849 price compared to the J7.

The only "investment" I put into a phone is time. I could care less about the resale... I care about how productive I am on the device I am using, not its resale value. For some, that will be the Note 7 with its S-Pen and potential huge storage space. Others, the iPhone and the tight integration with OS X.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-09-2016 05:19 PM

That post makes more sense now. I just sold my 6s plus and ordered the note 7. It is worth 4 times as much just as the iPhone 7 will be as well. May order the iPhone 7 depending on what is added to the phone.
    08-09-2016 05:23 PM
    This is the part that's hard for people to understand that's not use to the value of the Apple Store and I got 600 for my iPhone 6s 64gb 5 months old to get my plus. I had to hold to my guns and wait for a while to get 500 for my note 5 one month in. No sd card and I didn't think that phone was better than the note 4 I had on my desk. It's hard to explain the value of owning Apple.
    That's no joke. Just sold my iPhone 6s Plus for $600. I couldn't get anyone to look at my note 5 for more than $300 so giving it to my daughter when the note 7 shows up. Apple has great resale value.
    RobertP1 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-09-2016 05:26 PM
    Do you think your 6S+ is worth 4 times the price of the J7? The 64gb 6S+ and N7 are both $849 retail.

Before you answer... you have to consider what you want out of a phone. For some... no phone is worth its $849 price compared to the J7.

The only "investment" I put into a phone is time. I could care less about the resale... I care about how productive I am on the device I am using, not its resale value. For some, that will be the Note 7 with its S-Pen and potential huge storage space. Others, the iPhone and the tight integration with OS X.
    Worth is personal and very subjective. I do think a 6S+ is worth 4 times a J7. But that's just me. A J7 and Note7 have many of the same features and one could reasonably make the case for either.

I am just surprised that so many people will pay that kind of money for a phone that is not that much different or better than something costing so much less.

But that is just my personal opinion
    08-09-2016 06:14 PM
    Worth is personal and very subjective. I do think a 6S+ is worth 4 times a J7. But that's just me. A J7 and Note7 have many of the same features and one could reasonably make the case for either.
    Same story for the 5SE and 6SPlus? Don't they have many of the same features?

The N7 out specs the J7 clearly and offers many features the J7 can't. I won't list the S-Pen

The J7 lacks:

a fingerprint scanner.

dust resistance, and water resistance. Note 7 is IP68.

any type of gorilla glass

optical stabilization

RAW image capture

4k video

<2GB of RAM, Note 7 has 4GB

built-in wireless charging

J7 has 16GB of onboard storage versus 64gb for the N7

Snapdragon 615 vs 820 for the Note

I would say the only thing the J7 and N7 have in common are that they are both capable of making phone calls. To me there is a bigger difference between these phones than between the 5SE and 6S+.

But that is my opinion.....
    kurpaige, nokia4life and Wildo6882 like this.
    08-09-2016 09:07 PM
    Same story for the 5SE and 6SPlus? Don't they have many of the same features?

The N7 out specs the J7 clearly and offers many features the J7 can't. I won't list the S-Pen

The J7 lacks:

a fingerprint scanner.

dust resistance, and water resistance. Note 7 is IP68.

any type of gorilla glass

optical stabilization

RAW image capture

4k video

<2GB of RAM, Note 7 has 4GB

built-in wireless charging

J7 has 16GB of onboard storage versus 64gb for the N7

Snapdragon 615 vs 820 for the Note

I would say the only thing the J7 and N7 have in common are that they are both capable of making phone calls. To me there is a bigger difference between these phones than between the 5SE and 6S+.

But that is my opinion.....
    They have one other thing in common, they're both made by Samsung lol
    08-09-2016 09:10 PM
199 1234 ...