Hi
    I'm practically new to the apple community with barely a year with my iPhone 6s+. This is my first iPhone and I'm so glad I switched from android. Was an android user for so many years and just got tired of the Samsung being buggy and freezing all the time. Jumped from an galaxy s5 straight into an iPhone 6s+. So far has been a great experience. I needed something that was really stable and offered me a long time service. In short words, I love my iPhone and simply don't plan on going back to android.
    The reason of my post is because since I got my iPhone, I learned to read the update reviews before updating my device. I'm in version 9.2 and have stayed there due to the bad user experience with later ios versions(9.2.1, and later on) I have read over the internet. Version 9.3.3 is available and i'm not sure if I should update?
    My phone is working perfectly, battery last me a lot, wifi works great, no error messages, works fast. I've read that this update includes a lot of security patches although my important information is stored on an aes 256 bit encrypted app called 1password. What should I do? What has been your experiences, coming from previous versions to this 9.3.3?
    I could of read over the internet but decided to go into this forum because I've learned that in forums there is a lot of valuable info shared by members that could show some light to our knowledge.
    Since I'm new to apple, any tech advices you can give me in order to not screw up my phone, besides putting on a case and a zagg protector shield?
    07-28-2016 08:01 AM
    I have no issues with 9.3.3 and if Apple recommends the update then i see no issue to no do it. But some usser wait for ever to update for certain reasons.

Also there is lots off videos out there showing how to install a screen protector flawlessly.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-28-2016 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

Sorry didn't get my question.
    I already have the zagg protector shield and a armor shield case from spigen, what i meant was what other things I should look out for besides these 2?
    In regards with the 9.3.3 update, the reason why i was asking about the update is because when some updates are released sometimes users report problems with their phones, problems that didn't exist before and we are talking about updates that are recommended by apple.
    Any noticable performance differences you noticed?
    07-28-2016 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

Sorry didn't get my question.
    I already have the zagg protector shield and a armor shield case from spigen, what i meant was what other things I should look out for besides these 2?
    In regards with the 9.3.3 update, the reason why i was asking about the update is because when some updates are released sometimes users report problems with their phones, problems that didn't exist before and we are talking about updates that are recommended by apple.
    Any noticable performance differences you noticed?
    I've had 2 6s+'s. One from 9.1 until 9.3.3, no issues...smashed that one, replacement new with 9.3.1-9.3.3, no issues...great phone!
    07-28-2016 03:40 PM
    9.3.3 slaughtered my sisters phone for some reason. But overall, seems to be running OK for most. I'm on iOS 10db3 so I have 0 personal experience with it.
    07-28-2016 05:31 PM
    9.3.3 slaughtered my sisters phone for some reason. But overall, seems to be running OK for most. I'm on iOS 10db3 so I have 0 personal experience with it.
    This is exactly what I 'm afraid off! I guess this is going to be a risk I'm gonna have to take.
    If I install 9.3.3 and something goes wrong, can i roll back to previous version installed?
    07-28-2016 06:58 PM
    This is exactly what I 'm afraid off! I guess this is going to be a risk I'm gonna have to take.
    If I install 9.3.3 and something goes wrong, can i roll back to previous version installed?
    There's usually a short window of opportunity to go back. Sometimes it just doesn't go well. Going back to the previous OS, then installing the new OS again usually works.
    07-28-2016 07:45 PM
    Every update will bring some issues, whether you see it or not. Some have odd vibration issues, maybe someone's wi-fi stops working, maybe the phone just dies. Maybe nothing happens. Good luck and update because updates always bring security updates to help keep out the bad guys.
    07-29-2016 09:03 AM
    There's usually a short window of opportunity to go back. Sometimes it just doesn't go well. Going back to the previous OS, then installing the new OS again usually works.
    I would think the 9.3.2 signing window is closed by now...anyone know for sure?.. Once signing window is closed u can't go back..

Edit: according to ipsw.me 9.3.2 is still being signed.. Wonder if that's true..
    07-29-2016 01:14 PM
    I have 9.3.3 on my 6S and my IPhone SE and no problem. If you get problem you could always do a backup with ITunes and do a factory reset of your phone. That usually soles issues after updates
    07-29-2016 01:26 PM
    if you don't do the update you risk a malware issue - guess only you can decide but then if you get the virus/malware you then can affect anyone else that you send messages to. I have always done updates the very first day that they recommend them and not had issues. At this point I am giving serious consideration to a return to Android for many reasons
    07-29-2016 01:33 PM
    I would think the 9.3.2 signing window is closed by now...anyone know for sure?.. Once signing window is closed u can't go back..

Edit: according to ipsw.me 9.3.2 is still being signed.. Wonder if that's true..
    Probably. Hasn't been but a few days since 9.3.3 came out. Might not last much longer though.
    07-29-2016 03:06 PM
    I've always upgraded to the latest iOS version. For me it's worth the small risk; especially if there is a security or malware issue.
    07-29-2016 04:21 PM
    if you don't do the update you risk a malware issue - guess only you can decide but then if you get the virus/malware you then can affect anyone else that you send messages to. I have always done updates the very first day that they recommend them and not had issues. At this point I am giving serious consideration to a return to Android for many reasons
    Scam and spam maybe, but not malware. Not on an iPhone.
    07-29-2016 04:31 PM
    Scam and spam maybe, but not malware. Not on an iPhone.
    Anything with access to the internet has potential security flaws, and iOS is no exception. Apple just has historically been better at blocking them and releasing patches. That being said, it's crazy to leave iOS for Android based on security concerns. Unless you're using a Nexus device you could be stuck waiting months for a patch for your specific device and your specific flavor of Android.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 07-29-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    07-29-2016 04:43 PM
    Anything with access to the internet has potential security flaws, and iOS is no exception. Apple just has historically been better at blocking them and releasing patches. That being said, it's crazy to leave iOS for Android based on security concerns. Unless you're using a Nexus device you could be stuck waiting months for a patch for your specific device and your specific flavor of Android.
    Most of what I have seen are phishing scams. I've never heard of anyone getting malware on an iPhone. So it's definitely not a reason to switch to Android.
    07-31-2016 06:16 AM
    Most of what I have seen are phishing scams. I've never heard of anyone getting malware on an iPhone. So it's definitely not a reason to switch to Android.
    Here's one example: http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-mobil...eiver-malware/
    robertk328 likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:21 AM
    I meant to say in China don't count.
    07-31-2016 11:29 AM