Should I buy a 16 gb iPhone 6s plus?

I

iMore Question

Should i buy a 16 gb iphone 6s plus ?

I currently own a 64 gb iphone 6s ,after using it for about 7 months i still have plenty of space left in my phone ,and i am thinking of switiching to a iphone 6s plus 16 gb which i think would be the best option and it will be giving me some few more extra features in term of my regular 6s

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should i buy a 16 gb iphone 6s plus ?

When it comes to storage, more is always better... If you want a device with resale value, you'll always do better to have more than 16GB.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When it comes to storage, more is always better... If you want a device with resale value, you'll always do better to have more than 16GB.

Agreed. Particularly if you're going to keep the phone for a while, just get the bigger storage.

CarRamRod2690

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

I would go with the larger storage especially if you take lots of pictures or want to have a lot of games on your phone. You don't want a new game to come out and not have enough space or be on a trip somewhere and not have enough space for some cool photos!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah don't do it! Go big! You will regret it if u go that small... I always get the most storage u can get! I've got 6s+ 128gb...it had to last me a few year..previously had a 5-64gb..

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6S plus 16Gb, it is do able if you don't use a lot of video or dump to a iMac like i do, i also stream music. I have 43 apps my last 2 years photos and have about 3.5gb left. I picked it up cheap for $500 AUD, Gold though which i am not 100% sold on. I have a nice Black Vaja Agenda case i am not willing to give up yet so will be sticking with the 6S plus if the 7 is different. May even sell and get a Space Grey 64GB.
64GB is the sweet spot if buying new.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
My issue is I keep a reasonable scaled down grouping of my pics n vids on phone...currently just over 6000, from 1976 to present..I uploaded them to iCloud Photo Library and use that now to bring down the optimized versions to phone. Otherwise that would take about 40gb of space. I also like to keep around 7 of my HD movies on phone, which obviously takes about 28gb...it's all based on usage preferences and budget..I keep phones for at least 3 years cuz Apple does a good job of FW updates and supporting their models, plus I can't justify spending that money every year for a new one..so I go biggest when I do..next one will prolly be ip8s+ 2tb...lol

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s Plus 16 GB. I have 40 apps and I just have used 7,8GB of my storage. I'm okay with it. I'm just a regular guy, I have music, social media, I'm a student and I don't have too much photos nor games. I just have the basics. But I always wonder if I didn't buy a 64GB IPhone!! More storage means more freedom and you don't have to always check your storage worried about if it's almost full you know.
My first option was a regular 6s 64GB, but i wanted the plus model, so for the price of a 64GB I could have a 16GB Plus model. Unfortunately.
And this is my first phone and iPhone by the way.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s Plus 16 GB. I have 40 apps and I just have used 7,8GB of my storage. I'm okay with it. I'm just a regular guy, I have music, social media, I'm a student and I don't have too much photos nor games. I just have the basics. But I always wonder if I didn't buy a 64GB IPhone!! More storage means more freedom and you don't have to always check your storage worried about if it's almost full you know.
My first option was a regular 6s 64GB, but i wanted the plus model, so for the price of a 64GB I could have a 16GB Plus model. Unfortunately.
And this is my first phone and iPhone by the way.

Well, I assume we have a bit of an age gap then.. Being first phone.. I'm over 50 and have had 2 kids grow up.. Folks like us take lots of pics and vids over the years. How u use it depends a lot on where u r in life also.. Hope u like ur 6s+! It's the best IMO...

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
You should

As the longer you stay with iPhone , the more data you need to store with your device

That's the case with any phone really, not just iPhone.. It's all based on what u do with it. If ur a heavy gamer with huge game apps, or if ur like me and take lots of pics and like to keep many movies onboard, u need to think ahead and plan storage size.. Yeah, smaller storage is a bit cheaper, but bigger storage will last u longer! I've got the 6s+ 128gb. I woulda got a 256 or 512 had that been available.. I'm betting the 7 will have a 256 option, but this one will last me for a few years! Maybe by the time I'm ready to upgrade again you'll be able to get a 1tb...lol

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

More storage is always better. But then you're getting a better display, OIS and an amazing battery life with the 6s+

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

You're right. It depends on the person and on his or her lifestyle. Today I just need the basic but maybe my mom needs a 128 GB iPhone in order to keep all the photos she takes always with her. Mostly videos.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

You're right. It depends on the person and on his or her lifestyle. Today I just need the basic but maybe my mom needs a 128 GB iPhone in order to keep all the photos she takes always with her. Mostly videos.

Yes it does... I use iCloud Photo Library now, and optimize it. That takes 6gb so far. If I did full size pics/vids it would be around 40gb so far.. Better camera means bigger file size.. I also keep 8-9 HD movies onboard.. That's about 40gb.. Space goes fast...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

For me I don't want to question ever if I have enough space on my phone to keep or download something. I don't want to store things in various places to save space. I have a 64 gig and it's the perfect size.