Is it true that we have to wait till our battery is at 20% and below to charge it

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Calibrating actually does nothing to the battery itself. It has more to do with the % indicator in the status bar. It resets it so it shows more accurately. Many of our battery issues are in fact false readings.

Right...it lets iOS factor in the actual remaining battery charge life...batteries lose charging capacity over time... Letting it calibrate the battery every once in a while will give u a more accurate reading on how much charge u really have left..

gpobernardo

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Calibrating actually does nothing to the battery itself. It has more to do with the % indicator in the status bar. It resets it so it shows more accurately. Many of our battery issues are in fact false readings.

I disagree. The huge discharge-cycle incurred during battery calibration does have wear effects on the battery chemical matrix. This is the reason it is not recommended to perform this more than needed (not more than once a month).

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Honestly. Just charge your device whenever you see fit. No need to discharge and recharge from 1-100% anytime at all. If you want to charge it. Then charge it. If not then don't. It won't hurt anything. Unless you have a really old device.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Honestly. Just charge your device whenever you see fit. No need to discharge and recharge from 1-100% anytime at all. If you want to charge it. Then charge it. If not then don't. It won't hurt anything. Unless you have a really old device.

That's exactly what I do. Phones are made to be used, so just use it as you please. The battery will naturally deteriorate over time.

lmws214

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Status bar shows 100%
Battery charge is not yet(2586/2589)
Capacity is at 95%o only
Which means to say the status bar on our phone shows 100% but it is not fully charged yet.
Good app. Just discovered it today under the "Raw Data" category for this app

gpobernardo

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Wear n tear 5%. Means my capacity would be at 95% I think. Can't reach 100%

Yes, that means you will never reach the factory-level 100% (2725 mAh) of your battery, but you can still reach 100% of the remaining 95% (2589 mAh). The phone battery level indicator bases its power level report on the usable amount of power, not the total factory-level power. That means, right now, your phone will report based on the usable 2589 mAh, since the remaining 5% can no longer be utilized.

However, there are cases when battery wear disappears with normal use. Battery wear is hardly reversible, but there are some mechanisms that can reverse the effects chemically. I don't recommend messing around with this, though.

Just follow what suits you more: either observe the best practices for battery life (the one I posted in this thread before) or just charge your device when you can and need it. Even the best practices will result in battery wear, although it will be slower.