Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Emulators/PS3 Controller Question

Life long droid user here currently planning to jump ship to Apple and the 6S Plus. I have seen sketchy information about this so I wanted to seek clarification here.

Do emulators for NES or SNES work on the current iPhone 6S Pluses? I have read a few accounts of Apple blocking these apps from their app store. I have no interest in jailbreaking or manipulating the phone much to get emulator apps. I just want to be able to play old games I grew up on.

Second question. Am I able to connect a Playstation 3 controller to a current iPhone 6S Plus? I have done so in the past on my droids via a simple OTG cable and USB cable. Is this possible for the 6S Plus with an OTG cable fitted for the iPhone?

All help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Best Answer

Well there ARE games available for purchase (and some free) Atari's Greatest Hits comes right to mind, it comes with a free version but you pay extra for extra games, plus there are other games, BUT no traditional emulators without jailbreak.

No idea on the second question, but I suspect not.

Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

Default Re: Emulators/PS3 Controller Question

Well there ARE games available for purchase (and some free) Atari's Greatest Hits comes right to mind, it comes with a free version but you pay extra for extra games, plus there are other games, BUT no traditional emulators without jailbreak.

No idea on the second question, but I suspect not.