Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, 16 out of 1,500. So like I said, "not many." :)

And standby is what I'm primarily discussing here. When my battery drops 5 to 8 percent while doing nothing - which is most definitely an Android thing and NOT an iOS thing - that bothers me. It's just sitting there. Doing bubkus. And the battery drains. Now, iOS has proven that doesn't have to happen, and I know a lot of that is due to the incestuous marriage of hardware and software Apple offers. But come on, there has to be something Android and its manufactures can do to keep my phone from draining while doing nothing. It's maddening. (Just so we're clear here, I enjoy the Android OS much more than iOS. So this is not coming from a hater's perspective.)

+1

bigsmoke79

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
As a owner of the 6p I don't think the battery is great however standby time I can't knock since 'doze' was introduced my phone will only lose 2 or 3 % overnight.

Same at my desk in work if the phone is in standby the percentage drops very little at all.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, 16 out of 1,500. So like I said, "not many." :)

And standby is what I'm primarily discussing here. When my battery drops 5 to 8 percent while doing nothing - which is most definitely an Android thing and NOT an iOS thing - that bothers me. It's just sitting there. Doing bubkus. And the battery drains. Now, iOS has proven that doesn't have to happen, and I know a lot of that is due to the incestuous marriage of hardware and software Apple offers. But come on, there has to be something Android and its manufactures can do to keep my phone from draining while doing nothing. It's maddening. (Just so we're clear here, I enjoy the Android OS much more than iOS. So this is not coming from a hater's perspective.)

I mentioned 16 modern flagships which compare to the latest from Apple. Ofcourse there are 20 comparable phones for each iPhone that has ever come out.

And i stopped at 16 because I didn't want to mention the phones I don't have experience with. I can mention more. But i won't.

But yes. Its true that it happens. But it never bothered me because it gave me more battery life overall.

For iPhones the battery tech and battery debate is restricted to the usage and time. While on Android side the world has progressed to things which are unknown to iPhone users. Battery isn't about the usage anymore, it's about replacability, expandability, charging times, charging methods and so much more.

And remember that I have an iPhone so I'm not a hater. These are just facts. The first day i switched back to iPhone I couldnt believe how slow it charged. I felt like my life had stopped for awhile. I never charged my android phones overnight. I charged them 'before sleeping'. Now I have to put the phone on a charger over the whole night. IPhone users always talk about speed. This is the slowest phone of 2016 in this regard.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
And remember that I have an iPhone so I'm not a hater. These are just facts. The first day i switched back to iPhone I couldnt believe how slow it charged. I felt like my life had stopped for awhile. I never charged my android phones overnight. I charged them 'before sleeping'. Now I have to put the phone on a charger over the whole night. IPhone users always talk about speed. This is the slowest phone of 2016 in this regard.

What's slow?... Pretty sure my 6s+ charges from 0-100 in about 1.5 hrs...guess I'll have to time it to make sure...

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
What's slow?... Pretty sure my 6s+ charges from 0-100 in about 1.5 hrs...guess I'll have to time it to make sure...

Mine takes 2 hours 15 minutes. Or more if im using it.
All the 'modern' flagships today take 1 hour. And 1 hour 20 minutes while using. And some of them do that without wires.
And it is important to remember that charging technology allows for faster 0-70% charge and then slower 70-100% charge. Quick charge 2.0, 3.0, Adaptive charging, dash charging and all these tech enhancements charge intelligently so that you get the most charge in the first few minutes and be ready to go.

IPhone users, like me, can't even imagine ever getting these features. Because, Apple.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
As others have said, you probably won't find an Android phone that will match the iPhone 6s Plus.

What you may want to do is look at a phone with a replaceable battery and just carry a spare around. Something like a LG G5.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Well, just did full charge from self power down..
Plugged in 0909
50%-1040
75%-1110
95%-1145
100%-1209

So 3 hrs exactly from 0.. Only 1 FB post and 2 texts. No other usage except to wake to look at %.. That's with stock wall charger.. I have a 12watt Apple wall charger under my bed, so I'm guessing my charge time is what I said earlier using that one..half.. 1.5 hrs.. Next power off I'll use that one to validate. It'll be a couple days though...seeing as I get about 9 hrs usage and 59 hrs standby out of this!...not bad..

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I think iPhone has "quick charge" too? I mean the iPad charger.
Owning s7e here and had iPhone 6 before. I think both have great battery life and on Android you really need 7.0 version for it to have good battery life.
For some the grass is greener on this side but I'm coming back to IOS at fall. Been nice experience but android isn't my cup of tea.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I think iPhone has "quick charge" too? I mean the iPad charger.
Owning s7e here and had iPhone 6 before. I think both have great battery life and on Android you really need 7.0 version for it to have good battery life.
For some the grass is greener on this side but I'm coming back to IOS at fall. Been nice experience but android isn't my cup of tea.

Yeah i think I can use the 12 watt charger like I said and get 0-100% in 1.5 hrs...I had gs3 for work phone and didn't really like android either much..I've had ip3gs,5,6s+ for personal phone...work phone is now 5s...I'll always be iOS..

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Well, just did full charge from self power down..
Plugged in 0909
50%-1040
75%-1110
95%-1145
100%-1209

So 3 hrs exactly from 0.. Only 1 FB post and 2 texts. No other usage except to wake to look at %.. That's with stock wall charger.. I have a 12watt Apple wall charger under my bed, so I'm guessing my charge time is what I said earlier using that one..half.. 1.5 hrs.. Next power off I'll use that one to validate. It'll be a couple days though...seeing as I get about 9 hrs usage and 59 hrs standby out of this!...not bad..

3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.

Not really...I did the 12 watt charger and I believe it was about 2 hrs...I missed all the % and times and the exact 100% time cuz I was away from my desk for a while.. And I don't HAVE to charge it every day.. Like I said previously, I can get 59 hrs of standby and 9 hrs of usage out of a charge...any android phone I've used even with an extended battery and not as big a screen could not get that...plus I usually charge when I sleep...not when trying to be "productive"...

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your comment and for being a member of iMore. Maybe you should try a different platform that's more to your liking. iMore is part of Mobile Nations which has several different sites for different smartphones. CRackberry (Blackberry), Android Central and Windows. May I suggest you try posting on a site that has the type of smartphones you're accustom to. Thanks.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm an android user AND iPhone user. I have had most Android flagship over the years. Change Android phone at least one time a year. For now I have a Samsung S7 flat, IPhone SE, Iphone 6 S and a 5S. I belive iPhones battery are more stable through a day. I think there is more strange batterydrain on Android than on IPhones. I really like both Os and swap between them all the time but at the end of the day I still think IPhones are the most stable phones. In standby my Samsung S7 holds up very well but in usage it drops very much and very fast. Maybe it's due to the bigger screen but I think Samsung also have a bigger battery than for example my 6S.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm an android user AND iPhone user. I have had most Android flagship over the years. Change Android phone at least one time a year. For now I have a Samsung S7 flat, IPhone SE, Iphone 6 S and a 5S. I belive iPhones battery are more stable through a day. I think there is more strange batterydrain on Android than on IPhones. I really like both Os and swap between them all the time but at the end of the day I still think IPhones are the most stable phones. In standby my Samsung S7 holds up very well but in usage it drops very much and very fast. Maybe it's due to the bigger screen but I think Samsung also have a bigger battery than for example my 6S.

I'm with you on this one. I switch back and forth out of convenience. I love the Android customization but iOS battery life (and the size of the SE, super convenient for busy days, events, etc.).