Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51
Like Tree30Likes
  1. #26  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,709 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by amr ashraf mostafa View Post
    I have the iphone 6s plus and i am thinking of changing to something android and want to have the same battery life like the iphone 6s plus, so any recommendations?
    s7 edge has great battery life. Or at least, mine does. I have the AT&T variant..
  2. #27  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    What's slow?... Pretty sure my 6s+ charges from 0-100 in about 1.5 hrs...guess I'll have to time it to make sure...
    Mine takes 2 hours 15 minutes. Or more if im using it.
    All the 'modern' flagships today take 1 hour. And 1 hour 20 minutes while using. And some of them do that without wires.
    And it is important to remember that charging technology allows for faster 0-70% charge and then slower 70-100% charge. Quick charge 2.0, 3.0, Adaptive charging, dash charging and all these tech enhancements charge intelligently so that you get the most charge in the first few minutes and be ready to go.

    IPhone users, like me, can't even imagine ever getting these features. Because, Apple.
  3. #28  
    Chuck_IV's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    As others have said, you probably won't find an Android phone that will match the iPhone 6s Plus.

    What you may want to do is look at a phone with a replaceable battery and just carry a spare around. Something like a LG G5.
    sangs likes this.
  4. #29  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    This is pretty good huh?..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1469192594.755696.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	226.9 KB 
ID:	109547
    libra89 likes this.
  5. #30  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    What's slow?... Pretty sure my 6s+ charges from 0-100 in about 1.5 hrs...guess I'll have to time it to make sure...
    Well, just did full charge from self power down..
    Plugged in 0909
    50%-1040
    75%-1110
    95%-1145
    100%-1209

    So 3 hrs exactly from 0.. Only 1 FB post and 2 texts. No other usage except to wake to look at %.. That's with stock wall charger.. I have a 12watt Apple wall charger under my bed, so I'm guessing my charge time is what I said earlier using that one..half.. 1.5 hrs.. Next power off I'll use that one to validate. It'll be a couple days though...seeing as I get about 9 hrs usage and 59 hrs standby out of this!...not bad..
    libra89 likes this.
  6. #31  
    Truman82's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    I think iPhone has "quick charge" too? I mean the iPad charger.
    Owning s7e here and had iPhone 6 before. I think both have great battery life and on Android you really need 7.0 version for it to have good battery life.
    For some the grass is greener on this side but I'm coming back to IOS at fall. Been nice experience but android isn't my cup of tea.
  7. #32  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truman82 View Post
    I think iPhone has "quick charge" too? I mean the iPad charger.
    Owning s7e here and had iPhone 6 before. I think both have great battery life and on Android you really need 7.0 version for it to have good battery life.
    For some the grass is greener on this side but I'm coming back to IOS at fall. Been nice experience but android isn't my cup of tea.
    Yeah i think I can use the 12 watt charger like I said and get 0-100% in 1.5 hrs...I had gs3 for work phone and didn't really like android either much..I've had ip3gs,5,6s+ for personal phone...work phone is now 5s...I'll always be iOS..
    Truman82 likes this.
  8. #33  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Well, just did full charge from self power down..
    Plugged in 0909
    50%-1040
    75%-1110
    95%-1145
    100%-1209

    So 3 hrs exactly from 0.. Only 1 FB post and 2 texts. No other usage except to wake to look at %.. That's with stock wall charger.. I have a 12watt Apple wall charger under my bed, so I'm guessing my charge time is what I said earlier using that one..half.. 1.5 hrs.. Next power off I'll use that one to validate. It'll be a couple days though...seeing as I get about 9 hrs usage and 59 hrs standby out of this!...not bad..
    3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.
  9. #34  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.
    Not really...I did the 12 watt charger and I believe it was about 2 hrs...I missed all the % and times and the exact 100% time cuz I was away from my desk for a while.. And I don't HAVE to charge it every day.. Like I said previously, I can get 59 hrs of standby and 9 hrs of usage out of a charge...any android phone I've used even with an extended battery and not as big a screen could not get that...plus I usually charge when I sleep...not when trying to be "productive"...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 07-27-2016 at 05:09 PM.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Wow really.... All battery powered devices need charged sometime lol
    libra89, panosth and Spencerdl like this.
  11. #36  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Oops...edited my comment. Forgot the word NOT
  12. #37  
    Easycure1974's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.
    The worst comment ever
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    3 out of 24 hours a day we spend just charging this thing. Way to be productive! This is not a smart phone. IPhone will always be a dumb phone.
    Thanks for your comment and for being a member of iMore. Maybe you should try a different platform that's more to your liking. iMore is part of Mobile Nations which has several different sites for different smartphones. CRackberry (Blackberry), Android Central and Windows. May I suggest you try posting on a site that has the type of smartphones you're accustom to. Thanks.
    Trees likes this.
  14. #39  
    fredriks's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    173 Posts

    Default Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    I'm an android user AND iPhone user. I have had most Android flagship over the years. Change Android phone at least one time a year. For now I have a Samsung S7 flat, IPhone SE, Iphone 6 S and a 5S. I belive iPhones battery are more stable through a day. I think there is more strange batterydrain on Android than on IPhones. I really like both Os and swap between them all the time but at the end of the day I still think IPhones are the most stable phones. In standby my Samsung S7 holds up very well but in usage it drops very much and very fast. Maybe it's due to the bigger screen but I think Samsung also have a bigger battery than for example my 6S.
    Last edited by fredriks; 07-28-2016 at 06:50 AM. Reason: edit
    libra89 likes this.
  15. #40  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    514 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,093 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredriks View Post
    I'm an android user AND iPhone user. I have had most Android flagship over the years. Change Android phone at least one time a year. For now I have a Samsung S7 flat, IPhone SE, Iphone 6 S and a 5S. I belive iPhones battery are more stable through a day. I think there is more strange batterydrain on Android than on IPhones. I really like both Os and swap between them all the time but at the end of the day I still think IPhones are the most stable phones. In standby my Samsung S7 holds up very well but in usage it drops very much and very fast. Maybe it's due to the bigger screen but I think Samsung also have a bigger battery than for example my 6S.
    I'm with you on this one. I switch back and forth out of convenience. I love the Android customization but iOS battery life (and the size of the SE, super convenient for busy days, events, etc.).
    Spencerdl likes this.
  16. #41  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Easycure1974 View Post
    The worst comment ever
    True if you're not a fan of logic.

    I love this phone. Seriously. But these are just facts. The battery technology on this phone isn't smart like other phones. Nobody has made an effort to make consumers' lives easier.

    I love this phone. Its speedy through the UI. Its well built. Camera is amazing. Display is good. Battery life is good.

    But there are many other phones which I love too. Which have made navigating through the UI easier. Who have made efforts to improve camera performance by giving advance controls and what not. They have far more efficient displays. Battery tech is far more thought out.

    So yes. If you're not a fan of logic and objectivity then iPhone is the best and smart. But if you take in logic, comparing all other phones with this one, they are far more smarter and efficient than this one.

    This phone is less smart. Or the dumbest. However you want to hear it.

    Having said all that. Im a fan of technology and i keep changing phones. I thought i'd give this a try. And i love it. Like i do all other phones. There are compromises everywhere. A little more than they should be with this one. But I'm still going to keep it however long I can.

    Logic vs. Feelings.
    Effort vs. Marketing.
    Google vs. Apple.
    Open minded vs. Worst comment ever.
    libra89 likes this.
  17. #42  
    MBM7881's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    I came from Android and had numerous Android devices (mainly the Samsung line and a stint with the Nexus 6P) and the iPhone is by the best in battery life. The S7 started with great battery life and deteriorated after 2 months of the same usage. Beautiful phone and amazing camera but awful battery. My battery on the S7 drop at least 7% during the night while I was asleep. I charged the iPhone and woke up after 8 or so hours still with 100% battery. Never had that with any Android phone.
    libra89 likes this.
  18. #43  
    Truman82's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    I think u can't beat apple in making efficient hardware paired with software. Iphones needs lot less HW crunch to work with the software compared to android. And batteries are a lot smaller in ios devices and they hold as well as double sized android counterparts.
    This coming from s7e.
  19. #44  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truman82 View Post
    I think u can't beat apple in making efficient hardware paired with software. Iphones needs lot less HW crunch to work with the software compared to android. And batteries are a lot smaller in ios devices and they hold as well as double sized android counterparts.
    This coming from s7e.
    You are correct! However, sure would be nice if they put a little bit bigger battery in them, but yes, my 6s+ does pretty well.
  20. #45  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

    Default Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    You are correct! However, sure would be nice if they put a little bit bigger battery in them, but yes, my 6s+ does pretty well.
    Imagine if the 6s Plus or the next Plus model comes with a 3500 mah. Would last 2-3 days with heavy use!!
  21. #46  
    xboxbml's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Imagine if the 6s Plus or the next Plus model comes with a 3500 mah. Would last 2-3 days with heavy use!!
    One could only hope...lol
  22. #47  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    One could only hope...lol
    Yeeaaaap
  23. #48  
    rong21's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by amr ashraf mostafa View Post
    I have the iphone 6s plus and i am thinking of changing to something android and want to have the same battery life like the iphone 6s plus, so any recommendations?
    Nexus 6P or S7 Edge
  24. #49  
    flyinion's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    I've used Android for years. I've never seen a device that could match my 6s+ for battery life. Your best shot is to find the phone models you like the look of, then from those choose the ones with the biggest battery, and also Qualcomm's Quickcharge (or similar competing tech) and go from there. My previous phone a 2014 model Motorola X Pure Edition could go from the teens to 100% in less than an hour on the charger. and be well over half within about 20 minutes. Yes you can get a quicker charge on an iPhone by plugging it into an iPad charger, but as someone who's used the quickcharge technology I can tell you it's not the same thing. Real Quickcharge type devices are still much faster.
  25. #50  
    AustinIllini's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

    The iPhone 6S+ is a day-and-a-half device. In all honesty, there is not a device in the Android lineup that really gets that level of battery life. All the OEMs have their own ways of dealing with the bulk that comes with the Android OS, and even the Nexus 6P, which has a solid day battery life, pales in comparison to the iPhone 6S+.
    libra89 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Match 3 Game
    By magamagic in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 10:05 AM
  2. How do i get my music to play offline?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 12:49 PM
  3. How to change discontinued email address on Apple account?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 10:02 AM
  4. Apple TV adds Comedy Central, MTV and VH1 to universal search lineup
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 09:51 AM
  5. Become the ultimate crime lord in Batman: Arkham Underworld
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions