Best battery in android devices comparable to the iphone 6s plus?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the iphone 6s plus and i am thinking of changing to something android and want to have the same battery life like the iphone 6s plus, so any recommendations?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I was going to have the new nexus 6p but after i had seen the videos on youtube showing how easy the nexus 6p can be bent , i stopped . As i found it very week phone .

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Sadly imo there is no android phone comparable to the same battery life as iphone except maybe droid maxx2 or turbo 2. They all start off great but quickly deteriorate or you have to turn off every feature/tweak weekly on the phone to have good battery life.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
As an Android and iPhone user, let me assure you, it's a fool's errand to try to find an Android phone with equal or better battery life than a 6 Plus or 6S Plus. They don't exist. Oh, maybe if you want to turn off everything that makes a smartphone a smartphone you can get similar battery life, sure, but Android just drains battery life much faster than iOS. Not a knock on Android, I enjoy it just as much as iOS, but battery life just doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone's. Even on the latest models, like the S7 Edge, with its beefy battery. It's better than it used to be, but not comparable.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
As an Android and iPhone user, let me assure you, it's a fool's errand to try to find an Android phone with equal or better battery life than a 6 Plus or 6S Plus. They don't exist. Oh, maybe if you want to turn off everything that makes a smartphone a smartphone you can get similar battery life, sure, but Android just drains battery life much faster than iOS. Not a knock on Android, I enjoy it just as much as iOS, but battery life just doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone's. Even on the latest models, like the S7 Edge, with its beefy battery. It's better than it used to be, but not comparable.

Excellent post. I agree wholeheartedly.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Great point. I heard that the battery life of the S7 Active is good though, along with this Blu phone that came out recently. BLU Energy XL review - Android Authority
The camera is so so but apparently, the battery life is excellent. Really rare to find this though.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
But the battery of the iphone 5s was very bad comparable to the android devices
It seems that only the plus models that have amazing batteries.

The SE has great battery life too. You have to really be doing a lot to kill down that battery in one day, especially if it is before the day is done.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Been there done that, my note 5 still gets the same battery life as my 6s +. Used to be better than my 6s+ until it got fixed.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Note 5 is quite good for me. It's off charger around 0530 and back on charger around 2200. Since I actually have to work while I'm at work, there is no movie watching, media streaming, or social media; just occasional text messages, email, phone call, and music playback (on the phone). I typically end the day with anywhere from 35-60% battery life remaining. I have screen set to Auto brightness, and don't use WiFi at work. Cell signal is OK, but not great in my building. That is probably one battery drain contributor.

Agree that 6S+ can be great as I have that for a bridge into the iOS users in my family, and may move to that full time if iOS 10; once released, meets my requirements.

Battery life for any mobile OS depends upon so many variables like apps installed, screen on time, app quality, app usage (using apps frequently that are notorious for consuming battery), constant media streaming or not, cell signal quality, screen brightness settings...

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site

+1.

Had every Android phone out there lately. They all start out great but despite their large 3000 mAH battery capacity, their stand by time is horrible and within a week's time you'd start having to charge your phone at least twice a day. Not a knock on Android I actually like Android more but can never use it as I don't want to be constantly be worried about charging my phone.

With my iPhone SE, I can go for 3 days with light usage or 2 days with moderate usage on a single charge.

PS: The Nexus 6P is the worst of the Android phones. The virtual keyboard is horrible you can barely make a fufll sentence without mistakes due to how flimsy the space key is. Doesn't register half of the times.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hey I'm new to these forums. Ive been an iPhone user since the beginning but switched to android two years back. I recently switched back JUST because I change phones quite often.

Anyways. Its funny to see your comments here. You guys have no idea about the android world. Except those who have actually owned a good android phone for more than a week. There are almost 1500 android phones and just 15 iPhones.

The last phone I had was the galaxy S7. I have the 6s plus now. The battery life on the S7 was better. The S7 edge has even larger battery so it must even better. The active variant has even larger battery than the S7 edge. I can list almost 20 phones here which has better battery life than 6s plus. Dont get me wrong. The 6s plus is a great phone and has great battery life. But don't kid yourself. You can get sooooo many other amazing phones which have equal to better battery lives.

Those who think otherwise... Well.. Forget.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
We're talking Android phones comparable to iPhones. Of the 1500 you mentioned, how many are? Answer, not many. Sure, you can get some dumbed down Android phone that might compare battery wise, but features wise? Nope.

And I've owned the S7 and S7 Edge (still) - along with the G4, V10 and 6P - and the battery life isn't comparable to the 6S+. Especially with regards to standby. I go to bed at night with both phones at 100 and when I wake, the 6S+ is ALWAYS still at 100, while the Edge is between 92-95. Every morning. And the S7 was even worse. (The 6P was the worst of the bunch.) If you don't believe so. Well. Forget it.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
<snip>

With my iPhone SE, I can go for 3 days with light usage or 2 days with moderate usage on a single charge.
<snip>

But I thought that you turned off wifi and bluetooth?

I don't feel like being a tester but is there anyone who has the same things off on their iPhone and Android devices? For me, it's about the same, minus the Wifi being turned off when the device is asleep. I always get at least 22 hours on my Robin, and on my SE, I get a day and some. Difference is that I am charging the Robin daily, the SE every other day because it lasts a day and some..

With some devices, I think it is possible but usage dependent over all.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
But I thought that you turned off wifi and bluetooth?

I don't feel like being a tester but is there anyone who has the same things off on their iPhone and Android devices? For me, it's about the same, minus the Wifi being turned off when the device is asleep. I always get at least 22 hours on my Robin, and on my SE, I get a day and some. Difference is that I am charging the Robin daily, the SE every other day because it lasts a day and some..

With some devices, I think it is possible but usage dependent over all.

I turned off WiFi on the Galaxy S7 but not on the iPhone SE

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
We're talking Android phones comparable to iPhones. Of the 1500 you mentioned, how many are? Answer, not many. Sure, you can get some dumbed down Android phone that might compare battery wise, but features wise? Nope.

And I've owned the S7 and S7 Edge (still) - along with the G4, V10 and 6P - and the battery life isn't comparable to the 6S+. Especially with regards to standby. I go to bed at night with both phones at 100 and when I wake, the 6S+ is ALWAYS still at 100, while the Edge is between 92-95. Every morning. And the S7 was even worse. (The 6P was the worst of the bunch.) If you don't believe so. Well. Forget it.

Yes I agree the standby time is better on the iPhone by a large margin. But not the running time. No i wont agree with you. The battery on the iPhone goes down extremely fast while using. I use my phone a lot. I'll give you standby but not running time. Cant.

And sir, let me give it a shot. Comparable to iPhone you say?
HTC one M8, 10
Sony xperia Z2, Z3, Z5 and all their compact versions
Motorola Droid turbo 1 and 2
Oneplus 3
Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6 edge plus
Huawei Mate 8, P9

These are 16. If you don't think these are comparable to iPhones then it's another story. I have used all of these except Oneplus 3 and Huawei phones. These are fast, smooth, well built, with good cameras and great battery life phones.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes I agree the standby time is better on the iPhone by a large margin. But not the running time. No i wont agree with you. The battery on the iPhone goes down extremely fast while using. I use my phone a lot. I'll give you standby but not running time. Cant.

And sir, let me give it a shot. Comparable to iPhone you say?
HTC one M8, 10
Sony xperia Z2, Z3, Z5 and all their compact versions
Motorola Droid turbo 1 and 2
Oneplus 3
Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6 edge plus
Huawei Mate 8, P9

These are 16. If you don't think these are comparable to iPhones then it's another story. I have used all of these except Oneplus 3 and Huawei phones. These are fast, smooth, well built, with good cameras and great battery life phones.

Yeah, 16 out of 1,500. So like I said, "not many." :)

And standby is what I'm primarily discussing here. When my battery drops 5 to 8 percent while doing nothing - which is most definitely an Android thing and NOT an iOS thing - that bothers me. It's just sitting there. Doing bubkus. And the battery drains. Now, iOS has proven that doesn't have to happen, and I know a lot of that is due to the incestuous marriage of hardware and software Apple offers. But come on, there has to be something Android and its manufactures can do to keep my phone from draining while doing nothing. It's maddening. (Just so we're clear here, I enjoy the Android OS much more than iOS. So this is not coming from a hater's perspective.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR