What can I do about dust under camera lens?

Tom Mane

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
This is just a minor issue actually. I just noticed that dust particles are collecting under the surface of my iPhone camera lens. So far, it hasn't affected any of the photos I've taken... yet. Are there any measures that should be taken?

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

If dust has penetrated the seal between the camera and the glass lens on the case, the only way to clean it would be to open the case up and remove the dust. This can be done by the Apple store or one of the many third party service kiosks/stores in every neighborhood. Are you sure the dust has gotten under the glass? While dust does get inside the phone from storage in your pocket/bag/desk etc., Its a very rare occurence that the dust would make it all the way under the glass.. The good news is that it is serviceable. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I recommend the Apple Store over a 3rd party store, UNLESS you are long out of warranty.

Tom Mane

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank for your advices everyone! Right, I'm sure that the dusts I mentioned are under the lens. I will take it to the Apple Store if it started affecting my pictures. Any guess on the costs? For the lens detachment I mean.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple is pretty good about giving you the warranty is there is any way at all they can.

OUCH just looked up the cost, you don't want to know! Lets just say that you will probably decide to live with it! (It's around 300!!!!!)

Unless there is some easier, cheaper fix they can apply! (checking further JUST the lens might be around 100, still a bit steep IMHO)

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Shouldn't be that much...I mean they replaced whole screen on my ip5 for 125$...all I would think they would do is clean...if they will do it that is