I'm nervous to tbh. But I spent the $100 on it and I am very curious to give it a shot when I go to a beach lol. Or at least start small when it rains haha.
    06-24-2016 11:23 PM
    Have you tried submerging it in water without your iPhone inside? Maybe use a paper towel or something that would make it obvious if water leaked in. Just a suggestion.
    Spencerdl and Chemy JMHT like this.
    06-24-2016 11:32 PM
    I know our own @Spencerdl has tested his in a shallow bowl of water.
    06-25-2016 09:54 AM
    I'm nervous to tbh. But I spent the $100 on it and I am very curious to give it a shot when I go to a beach lol. Or at least start small when it rains haha.
    Yes, my LifeProof Fre works and is indeed waterproof. I suggest doing as the instructions indicate and testing it first before installing your iPhone into it.
    06-25-2016 10:29 AM
    It also says on there website that removing and reinstalling it X amount of times will degrade the gasket so keep it on
    06-25-2016 11:04 AM
    I don't like putting a protective casing on my devices, but even if I did, I'm one of those people who would risk ruining my iPhone playing around with water. The case could be as waterproof as it want to be, still, I'm not dipping my iPhone, covered or not, in water, but that's Just Me, D...
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 06-30-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    hanna59 and libra89 like this.
    06-25-2016 11:27 AM
    I use the Lifeproof Nuud every time I go to Wet N Wild. I take my phone down the watersides and in the wave pool. Never an issue. The Nuud is fantastic.
    06-25-2016 11:31 AM
    Yes they work.

I have a co-worker that takes his when he's scuba diving. I have one that I use for beach and camping. Mine will get a lot of use next week down on the Big Island.
    06-27-2016 07:59 PM
    I use the Lifeproof Nuud every time I go to Wet N Wild. I take my phone down the watersides and in the wave pool. Never an issue. The Nuud is fantastic.
    Glad to hear. My Red LifeProof Nudd is sitting in my local Post Office waiting for me to pick it up in the AM. Not sure if it will replace my Fre or not, but I'm anxious to find out
    06-27-2016 09:09 PM
    Glad to hear. My Red LifeProof Nudd is sitting in my local Post Office waiting for me to pick it up in the AM. Not sure if it will replace my Fre or not, but I'm anxious to find out
    You're too funny
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-28-2016 06:41 AM
    Nope! But I'm sure they'll work.. Hopefully
    06-29-2016 07:31 PM
    Yes it is. I did the water test with the plastic thingy that comes with the LP Nudd and it works flawlessly. A water tight seal.
    I really like both of my LifeProof's and will rotate accordingly.
    06-29-2016 08:48 PM
    Yes it is. I did the water test with the plastic thingy that comes with the LP Nudd and it works flawlessly. A water tight seal.
    I really like both of my LifeProof's and will rotate accordingly.
    Honestly I hate the case. The flap ther covers the charger came off and when the case is on people can't hear me. It sounds like I'm underwater. The irony isn't lost on me.

I doubt I can return it.
    06-30-2016 03:16 PM
    Sure have! Went to Six Flag White Water and used it in the wave pool
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-30-2016 05:03 PM
    Honestly I hate the case. The flap ther covers the charger came off and when the case is on people can't hear me. It sounds like I'm underwater. The irony isn't lost on me.

I doubt I can return it.
    Wow. Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I actually have no sound issues with others hearing me or listening to others. It was the second thing I tested after the water test. The charging port door is solid as well, and I can't imagine it falling off without a struggle. LifeProof has an excellent warranty program and I definitely think you should give them a call.

06-30-2016 06:24 PM

I doubt I can return it.
    Contact Lifeproof and see what they say.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-30-2016 08:09 PM
    Yeah..they have great warranty response..my Fre had a tiny chunk of plastic come off on the front left side of charge port flap..weirdest thing..I went online and submitted warranty claim..it didn't even have a spot for explanation or pic of issue. All I got was a notification email which I replied to with that fact..couple days later new one on its way...
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    07-13-2016 02:25 PM
    I took those plastic screen protector things off the front and back of the back of the NUUD case. Does anyone know if I made a mistake? Will it effect the waterproof quality? I'm assuming they were just for scratch protection. I also notice feeling a vibration when I play games or anything with sound. Is this normal?
    07-14-2016 05:37 PM
    I took those plastic screen protector things off the front and back of the back of the NUUD case. Does anyone know if I made a mistake? Will it effect the waterproof quality? I'm assuming they were just for scratch protection. I also notice feeling a vibration when I play games or anything with sound. Is this normal?
    I'm not sure what plastic screen protector things you're referring to. The front of the Nd doesn't have one and the one on the back is just to keep the clear plastic from scratches during shipping. If you removed the one from the back...no it will not effect waterproofing.
    07-15-2016 01:42 AM
    There's also one inside the backing of the case as well. I was worried about it having some effect on the waterproofing. What do you think?
    07-15-2016 06:22 AM
    Are these cases still setup in the way that they only work with original apple chargers?
    07-15-2016 06:35 AM
    Uhh...what other charger would you use?...I don't understand what you're asking I guess..My Lifeproof FRE is the one made for the ip6+/6s+...its charge port flap allows a lightning connector...
    07-15-2016 07:45 AM
    Uhh...what other charger would you use?...I don't understand what you're asking I guess..My Lifeproof FRE is the one made for the ip6+/6s+...its charge port flap allows a lightning connector...
    There are third party chargers that work just fine with the iPhone. That's probably what they meant. They might be slightly bigger than the regular lighting opening.
    07-15-2016 10:03 AM
    There are third party chargers that work just fine with the iPhone. That's probably what they meant. They might be slightly bigger than the regular lighting opening.
    Oh...perhaps. I've never used anything but Apple with exception of car charger..
    07-15-2016 10:05 AM
    I'm using that native union charger just fine with my nuud.
    07-15-2016 11:13 AM
88 123 ...