Anyone tried life proof in the water?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm nervous to tbh. But I spent the $100 on it and I am very curious to give it a shot when I go to a beach lol. Or at least start small when it rains haha.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried submerging it in water without your iPhone inside? Maybe use a paper towel or something that would make it obvious if water leaked in. Just a suggestion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm nervous to tbh. But I spent the $100 on it and I am very curious to give it a shot when I go to a beach lol. Or at least start small when it rains haha.

Yes, my LifeProof Fre works and is indeed waterproof. I suggest doing as the instructions indicate and testing it first before installing your iPhone into it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It also says on there website that removing and reinstalling it X amount of times will degrade the gasket so keep it on

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't like putting a protective casing on my devices, but even if I did, I'm one of those people who would risk ruining my iPhone playing around with water. The case could be as waterproof as it want to be, still, I'm not dipping my iPhone, covered or not, in water, but that's Just Me, D...

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the Lifeproof Nuud every time I go to Wet N Wild. I take my phone down the watersides and in the wave pool. Never an issue. The Nuud is fantastic.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes they work.

I have a co-worker that takes his when he's scuba diving. I have one that I use for beach and camping. Mine will get a lot of use next week down on the Big Island.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the Lifeproof Nuud every time I go to Wet N Wild. I take my phone down the watersides and in the wave pool. Never an issue. The Nuud is fantastic.

Glad to hear. My Red LifeProof Nudd is sitting in my local Post Office waiting for me to pick it up in the AM. Not sure if it will replace my Fre or not, but I'm anxious to find out

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. I did the water test with the plastic thingy that comes with the LP Nudd and it works flawlessly. A water tight seal.
I really like both of my LifeProof's and will rotate accordingly.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. I did the water test with the plastic thingy that comes with the LP Nudd and it works flawlessly. A water tight seal.
I really like both of my LifeProof's and will rotate accordingly.

Honestly I hate the case. The flap ther covers the charger came off and when the case is on people can't hear me. It sounds like I'm underwater. The irony isn't lost on me.

I doubt I can return it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I hate the case. The flap ther covers the charger came off and when the case is on people can't hear me. It sounds like I'm underwater. The irony isn't lost on me.

I doubt I can return it.

Wow. Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I actually have no sound issues with others hearing me or listening to others. It was the second thing I tested after the water test. The charging port door is solid as well, and I can't imagine it falling off without a struggle. LifeProof has an excellent warranty program and I definitely think you should give them a call.
c77ed5b1603d497465d7e61be1b7933a.jpg

ff4748f7c117ae1ef81a033a4ed37274.jpg

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah..they have great warranty response..my Fre had a tiny chunk of plastic come off on the front left side of charge port flap..weirdest thing..I went online and submitted warranty claim..it didn't even have a spot for explanation or pic of issue. All I got was a notification email which I replied to with that fact..couple days later new one on its way...

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I took those plastic screen protector things off the front and back of the back of the NUUD case. Does anyone know if I made a mistake? Will it effect the waterproof quality? I'm assuming they were just for scratch protection. I also notice feeling a vibration when I play games or anything with sound. Is this normal?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I took those plastic screen protector things off the front and back of the back of the NUUD case. Does anyone know if I made a mistake? Will it effect the waterproof quality? I'm assuming they were just for scratch protection. I also notice feeling a vibration when I play games or anything with sound. Is this normal?

I'm not sure what plastic screen protector things you're referring to. The front of the N??d doesn't have one and the one on the back is just to keep the clear plastic from scratches during shipping. If you removed the one from the back...no it will not effect waterproofing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711