Considering switching back to android

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What a balanced, respectable post. iOS isn't for everyone just like Android isn't for everyone. They are both great ecosystems but for different reasons and for different types of users. Just don't be a stranger around here! As a respectable member of multiple Mobile Nations forums, we need people like you around!

Thank you! I try to be as respectful as I can to everyone. We all are different - and that's a good thing! It isn't that I dislike my iPhone, because I do generally like it. The things that are important to me just happen to be better on Android. And I literally use Google for EVERYTHING. While Google is still pretty good on iOS, I just find that the full integration is just better on Android.

I'll do my best to stick around as I know I'll absolutely keep following everything. It's good for both camps to keep progressing. Only helps us, the consumer.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad there are people out there that can still act like adults and not bash one system because it's not what they use. I prefer iOS, some people prefer Android. Others prefer windows while some use blackberry OS. Use what works for you and just enjoy the technology.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
For those who are dying for customization (rather pointless IMO ) isn't that what jailbreaking is for without having to deal with (in my opinion a horrid OS) android. I often find power users who complain about a lack of customization confusing since you can do that. These are usually the same people who will flash roms

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've tried multiple times to switch back to Android but I just can't do it. For me the little things in iOS just keep me around. One of the main things is tapping the clock in the status bar to scroll to the top. I freaking love that!! Plus I've spent so much money on the App Store and in Cydia that's it not even worth it to switch back.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried multiple times to switch back to Android but I just can't do it. For me the little things in iOS just keep me around. One of the main things is tapping the clock in the status bar to scroll to the top. I freaking love that!! Plus I've spent so much money on the App Store and in Cydia that's it not even worth it to switch back.

Part of what keeps with me Apple is how invested I am in the ecosystem. Aside from the multitude of Apple devices my family owns, I have a TON of music, movies, TV shows, and apps. I can't even imagine having to start from scratch.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Part of what keeps with me Apple is how invested I am in the ecosystem. Aside from the multitude of Apple devices my family owns, I have a TON of music, movies, TV shows, and apps. I can't even imagine having to start from scratch.

I can definitely understand that, because that's part of why I'm heading back to Android. I use Google Play Music. Have 30+ movies in Play Movies. And still have roughly $90 in Play credits to use (gotta love the free money from surveys). I know this stuff works in iOS, too. But it's just much easier to access and deal with on an Android phone. I'm going to put my whole family on my Play Music subscription, and you can only do that from an Android device. For $5 more per month, my wife and daughter can have full access to music and get YouTube Red included. No more ads in YouTube!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
My entire family is Apple all the way. From Iphone to MacBooks to ipads... Imessage is how we chat with my kids off to college and traveling everywhere. I play around with Android phones, but at the end of the day. I live in a Apple World

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad there are people out there that can still act like adults and not bash one system because it's not what they use. I prefer iOS, some people prefer Android. Others prefer windows while some use blackberry OS. Use what works for you and just enjoy the technology.

I firmly believe that IOS users are generally more friendly than Android users.. We seem to have more self esteem.. They get all pissy if you even question that greatness of Android...

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I can definitely understand that, because that's part of why I'm heading back to Android. I use Google Play Music. Have 30+ movies in Play Movies. And still have roughly $90 in Play credits to use (gotta love the free money from surveys). I know this stuff works in iOS, too. But it's just much easier to access and deal with on an Android phone. I'm going to put my whole family on my Play Music subscription, and you can only do that from an Android device. For $5 more per month, my wife and daughter can have full access to music and get YouTube Red included. No more ads in YouTube!

I've had Android phones forever but got an iPhone in March. As you know the Google apps are available in the App Store. I have a lot of TV shows in Google's Play Movies and a lot of music in Play Music. These Google apps on an iPhone work exactly the same as on an Android. I also use Google maps on my iPhone as I had that all set up too. They all work flawlessly.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had Android phones forever but got an iPhone in March. As you know the Google apps are available in the App Store. I have a lot of TV shows in Google's Play Movies and a lot of music in Play Music. These Google apps on an iPhone work exactly the same as on an Android. I also use Google maps on my iPhone as I had that all set up too. They all work flawlessly.

They do work well, but not as well as their Android counterparts. For me, I want to be able to set up a family plan on Google Play Music. Can't do that from anything other than an Android phone. I have a lot of money in my Play account. I can't use that as easily for purchasing movies and shows on iOS as I can on Android. I can set Google Maps up to be my default map. Can't do that on iOS. I can also set up swipe to delete emails in Gmail on Android. Can't do that on iOS. Sure they work, and they work well. But it just isn't the same integration as they are on Android. And that's what I'm looking for.

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
You mentioned STILL having $90 in credits. Sorry, that was my oversight. I don't blame you. I got $50 from Google when I bought the 6P and I sure wanted to use them. Sorry, my speed reading didn't work too well.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You mentioned STILL having $90 in credits. Sorry, that was my oversight. I don't blame you. I got $50 from Google when I bought the 6P and I sure wanted to use them. Sorry, my speed reading didn't work too well.

No problem at all. If my post came off harsh, it wasn't intended to be. Just stating why Android matters to me, and especially the Google integration. I do still like my iPhone. If I could convince the Mrs. I'd have an Android phone and an iPhone. But that isn't in the cards right now!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
For those who are dying for customization (rather pointless IMO ) isn't that what jailbreaking is for without having to deal with (in my opinion a horrid OS) android. I often find power users who complain about a lack of customization confusing since you can do that. These are usually the same people who will flash roms

Nah jailbreaking isn't the same. I thought about it too, but nah. It seems like with jailbreaking, you have to "catch it" or else, you lost. I think how important customization is varies on the individual. My brother doesn't really care, so iOS is great.

Wildo, it seems like you are doing what is best for you. I hope you will find a phone there that will meet what you like and prefer. I can understand you on the Google Play Music thing, I would probably do the same if I was you. For me, I can only use Spotify because multi-platform is very important to me, and it is on the three platforms I switch between (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile).

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nah jailbreaking isn't the same. I thought about it too, but nah. It seems like with jailbreaking, you have to "catch it" or else, you lost. I think how important customization is varies on the individual. My brother doesn't really care, so iOS is great.

Wildo, it seems like you are doing what is best for you. I hope you will find a phone there that will meet what you like and prefer. I can understand you on the Google Play Music thing, I would probably do the same if I was you. For me, I can only use Spotify because multi-platform is very important to me, and it is on the three platforms I switch between (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile).

Jail breaking for me is far easier and way better than rooting.
It's actually pretty cool to change some features on the OS. Not something I would really care about doing regularly and I don't get people who need to change every single detail every single day and second. But I actually am having some fun with the tweaks.

Unlike android where you have to jailbreak to fix an unoptimized and laggy operating system this is actually pretty fun to use since I'm enhancing iOS and not needing to fix poorly implemented software. I do miss iOS 10 but jail faking isn't entirely bad and much like the IOS experience feels far more refined, the jailbreak community feels a bit more professional and higher quality than the android rooting community. It's kinda hard to explain.

I just giggle now at android friends and fanboys I know who brag about customization and I'm like well I can do the same things

Windows 10 mobile is still my preference. I wouldn't mind some capabilities like this on Windows 10 mobile but I also wouldn't want people to be able to butcher the amazing UI. That is what android mess is for.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My entire family is Apple all the way. From Iphone to MacBooks to ipads... Imessage is how we chat with my kids off to college and traveling everywhere. I play around with Android phones, but at the end of the day. I live in a Apple World

Same deal here. My entire family runs iPhones. No choice but to stay on iOS for me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods