Considering switching back to android

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It honestly comes down to what you really want in a phone. There are some issues that I have with iOS and iPhones. Some are going away with iOS 10 but some will still be there. But what I do know is this - Apple takes care of their customers and supports their products. Yes, you see issues in every iOS release and every iPhone, but I almost feel like with Android, you're playing Russian Roulette. You may get a great phone, you may not. And then you have to deal with God knows what to get your issue fixed. Which isn't the case with Apple. And my life is just too busy and hectic for me to worry about that. I want a great camera, good apps, and great battery life to go along with the stability and support. Honestly, there isn't anything available other than Apple that fits that bill.
This is very understandable.

The fact that I can hide pretty much most of the system icons in iOS 10 is really exciting. I'm looking forward to that. As for things that I would want the most in a phone, this is where I fight with myself.

Simplicity, aesthetics/customization, battery life, and one handed usage are my tops. My SE meets 3, but that one it doesn't meet is so hard for me to be okay with. My Nextbit Robin on the other hand, meets all 4 (after tweaks for battery life). The battery life is way better on the SE though, for sure. I guess one could say that I'm a little weird to be willing to give that up for aesthetics but I only know myself.

There are things I prefer about iOS and also things I prefer about Android of course.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
As much as it drives me insane that I can't customize my homescreen on my iPhone (or set a flippin' default app), I'm still not leaving for Android. There are so many variables and issues that pop up with each and every Android device that it just isn't worth my time and effort to mess with it anymore. I have an iPhone that works like a charm with 95% of what I need/want it to do. I'm going to sacrifice updates, support, and stability for a little homescreen freedom? Nah. Not at this stage in my life. Yes, I know I can get fast updates with Nexus devices, but they still don't and won't have the support and stability of an iPhone. Just look at any forum talking about the Nexus 6P - issues with build quality; Bluetooth problems that still aren't sorted out 9 months into its life; Gmail notifications didn't work during Doze until about 5-6 months into its life; etc. I know things get worked out, but I don't want to be Google's Beta tester anymore. Plus, Google makes great apps for iOS - Motion Stills, anyone? I want a processor that's made specifically for my phone, and for my OS. There is NOWHERE to get all of this in one package other than iOS and with an iPhone.

Now, do I get an iPad Pro or a MacBook?!?

Get a MacBook!!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
But again, why should you have to worry about it? Why should you have to worry about having a charger with you? Our daily lives are already complicated as it is, why add more stuff to worry about?

If I don't have to worry about my battery being dead half way through the day, that's one less worry and headache. If I can even scratch one off my day, that's a good thing.

I have been thinking about your battery statements on and off, and it has me wondering if what I'm doing makes sense. I don't like that I am always carrying a charger every day. I'm going from having no battery anxiety to having some. It's kind of annoying. Come to think of it, it is annoying in the way that iOS doesn't really have customization. I can't win! lol

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is very understandable.

The fact that I can hide pretty much most of the system icons in iOS 10 is really exciting. I'm looking forward to that. As for things that I would want the most in a phone, this is where I fight with myself.

Simplicity, aesthetics/customization, battery life, and one handed usage are my tops. My SE meets 3, but that one it doesn't meet is so hard for me to be okay with. My Nextbit Robin on the other hand, meets all 4 (after tweaks for battery life). The battery life is way better on the SE though, for sure. I guess one could say that I'm a little weird to be willing to give that up for aesthetics but I only know myself.

There are things I prefer about iOS and also things I prefer about Android of course.

That's the biggest problem between the two - there are some things that each platform has that I love, too. It's honestly something that I deal with on a daily basis. Sometimes I absolutely LOVE my iPhone. Then I play with my wife's S7 edge and I wonder why I'm still on an iPhone. The struggle is real...

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
That's the biggest problem between the two - there are some things that each platform has that I love, too. It's honestly something that I deal with on a daily basis. Sometimes I absolutely LOVE my iPhone. Then I play with my wife's S7 edge and I wonder why I'm still on an iPhone. The struggle is real...

Yes that's also my dilemma I am still considering using a Note 7 for the 14 day upgrade grace period in September, I'm on a IPhone forever plan but can switch back if I wanted idk I'm so confused if I could get both I would but my wife would not like that at all being we have a new baby due any day now! And we are on a budget..."SIGH" the struggle is very truly real indeed buddy!!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's also my dilemma I am still considering using a Note 7 for the 14 day upgrade grace period in September, I'm on a IPhone forever plan but can switch back if I wanted idk I'm so confused if I could get both I would but my wife would not like that at all being we have a new baby due any day now! And we are on a budget..."SIGH" the struggle is very truly real indeed buddy!!

If I go back to an Android phone, I'll keep my iPhone around for 2-3 weeks, just in case. ;) That's one thing I see from people who switch and immediately go back to their platform of choice. People from Android that switch to an iPhone for a day or two go running back to Android, and vice versa. You have to give it time to get comfortable with it. If you've used it for 5 months and still don't like it, OK, I understand that. But in just a couple days, you still haven't gotten over the initial shock of the change of scenery. If I didn't give my 6s Plus more than a few days, I wouldn't have kept it. I absolutely HATED it for the first week or so. But I forced myself to learn how it works and give it time. Slowly, but surely, it grew on me and I learned how to use it and became more comfortable with it.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
If I go back to an Android phone, I'll keep my iPhone around for 2-3 weeks, just in case. ;) That's one thing I see from people who switch and immediately go back to their platform of choice. People from Android that switch to an iPhone for a day or two go running back to Android, and vice versa. You have to give it time to get comfortable with it. If you've used it for 5 months and still don't like it, OK, I understand that. But in just a couple days, you still haven't gotten over the initial shock of the change of scenery. If I didn't give my 6s Plus more than a few days, I wouldn't have kept it. I absolutely HATED it for the first week or so. But I forced myself to learn how it works and give it time. Slowly, but surely, it grew on me and I learned how to use it and became more comfortable with it.

It's so funny that you say this because you're so right. I have been trying out phones for the past few months now (to be honest, this whole year so far). I was originally a diehard Windows Phone/Mobile user. I tried out Android as an experiment and I liked and hated it. Android felt like a lot coming from Windows Phone/Mobile after using one for 29 days straight. I went to iPhone, and I liked it a lot. It didn't feel as overwhelming, and I figured that I am an iPhone person, through and through. That went on for like 30 something days too until I really wanted to try the Nextbit Robin.

The story gets longer and deeper with more phones (but I am with the Robin again, battery life pissed me off originally), but tl;dr of it is that: You're right. Since I'm so used to switching when I get sick of ___ , it feels so hard. I'm fighting with myself to use it for a whole month, and then see how I feel in August.

I just want to be as content as I can be with my phone choice. Additionally, I still have my Windows Phone and I feel urges to put a SIM in it again and go about my day. I tried it for a weekend in May, and I was done after 4 days. It was my phone middle ground.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's so funny that you say this because you're so right. I have been trying out phones for the past few months now (to be honest, this whole year so far). I was originally a diehard Windows Phone/Mobile user. I tried out Android as an experiment and I liked and hated it. Android felt like a lot coming from
Windows Phone/Mobile after using one for 29 days straight. I went to iPhone, and I liked it a lot. It didn't feel as overwhelming, and I figured that I am an iPhone person, through and through. That went on for like 30 something days too until I really wanted to try the Nextbit Robin.

The story gets longer and deeper with more phones (but I am with the Robin again, battery life pissed me off originally), but tl;dr of it is that: You're right. Since I'm so used to switching when I get sick of ___ , it feels so hard. I'm fighting with myself to use it for a whole month, and then see how I feel in August.

I just want to be as content as I can be with my phone choice. Additionally, I still have my Windows Phone and I feel urges to put a SIM in it again and go about my day. I tried it for a weekend, and I was done after 4 days.

My problem is boredom. Android seems to be ever changing and ever progressing. Apple progresses, but it's a much slower pace. While I love my iPhone - battery is great, camera is great, has all the apps I need/want/use, etc., I have grown quite bored over the last couple of months. It also seems like pretty much the same phone that I had a couple years ago when I tried out the 5S. If Apple would add more features in point releases, I think that would help me out. They did add Night Shift in a point release this time around, but that wasn't a huge upgrade for me. But in Android, if I start to get bored, I can COMPLETELY modify the way it works and looks. However, with that freedom comes a cost of support and stability from Apple that is unmatched by anything in the Android world. It's quite the Catch 22.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
You guys nailed it.... We get bored, we get impatient, we make up stuff to complain about... Bottom Line we are all phone nuts and we love buying,switching and trying new phones.. I totally get it and am onboard! I doubt that I will ever just keep one phone or stick to one OS for more than a few months at most..

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Me also have the 6s plus and i am thinking of trying something android and was thinking of the samsung s7 edge but i am afraid of the battery. So would you tell me which has better battery life, the 6s plus or the s7 edge?
And what mobile in android can give me the same battery life like the 6s plus?

lmarranzino

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I never tried iOS till the 6. I then went back Android. The S7 Edge great device battery is good.

Personal is iOS is just smoother in all ways. If an issue it is fixed. No waiting and waiting for the OEM to fix it.

Plus I am behind the actual belief of apple. Just tired of the OEMs out there, Samsung , LG I just said no more spending on these two company's for sure.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't do it. Even as a second phone. The S7 edge looks nice but I'm so invested in the Apple ecosystem ( iPhone, iPad air, Apple watch, Apple TV, Macbook) that I just don't think I'd get much use out of an android phone. I wouldn't pay for any android phone off contract and I know that if I use my upgrade I'll want the iPhone 7 as boring as it sounds after I watch the keynote. Then I'll be angry that I wasted my upgrade and I'll end up buying the iPhone 7 sim free. I'll just have to wait it out and get the iPhone 7 when it comes out.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Me also have the 6s plus and i am thinking of trying something android and was thinking of the samsung s7 edge but i am afraid of the battery. So would you tell me which has better battery life, the 6s plus or the s7 edge?
And what mobile in android can give me the same battery life like the 6s plus?

Yeah check out the Sony Z phones, but skip most (really all) of the new ones and the Z3+.

I used my iPhone SE recently because I was at a big event this past weekend. That size made it perfect. I think I might just continue to do that. The small size and ease of it works great for events, like baseball games and big things since I don't care about customization when I'm in the moment. Otherwise, I'll probably stay on Android unless I encounter something that annoys me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods