Considering switching back to android

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's hard when you like many things about both OSes. I think I have to accept that I'm just a switcher. I love how iOS manages battery but I love how Android phones can be so varied in design. Hard out here.

Edit: I'm fickle, going to keep an Android (toss up between 5x and Robin) and just change between them when I feel like it. I like both, so the only solution is to have both (and my Windows Phone too)! LOL.

Now worries. It's why I have two lines.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Disagree. The best way to experience android is not buying a Samsung or nexus but one of those cyanogen phones that take out the google bs while making the overall os suck less.

I'm not considering getting one, and couldn't if I wanted since I'm a VZW guy, but the OnePlus 3 looks absolutely sick.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not considering getting one, and couldn't if I wanted since I'm a VZW guy, but the OnePlus 3 looks absolutely sick.

If it supported either Sprint or Verizon I would definitely give it a whirl. That's the only Android phone out right now that has sparked by interest. I do like the HTC devices as well though.

lmarranzino

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
S7 edge. Great device not cheaper then iPhone. I really can't say anything bad. Yet I missed the fluidity of the iPhone better updates. Not fond of the carrier updates.

As of two days ago I picked up a 6plus and happy.

Most of all for me I became tired of giving my $ to a company with little to no morals.

Thrilled that Apple makes a stand and let's you know.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
My genuine experience is that Apple devices have much worse battery life than Android devices.
It's funny, I have great battery life on my iPhone 6 Plus and so does my brother who has an iPhone 6s. Both of us can practically go two days on a single charge whereas when I had an Android phone I had to have a spare battery on me at all times since I would be replacing the battery with even light usage after four hours.

Good God, my Android devices were absolutely horrible when it came to battery life! Absolutely abysmal battery life. I had four Android devices and all of them suffered from terrible battery life that no matter what I did, no matter what so-called "battery miracle app" I loaded, I could barely go six hours before looking for a wall outlet or swapping the battery.

My Android battery experience was the exact opposite of what you describe.

Oh, and how's the software updates? Oh yeah... I forgot, you don't get any because your Android OEM is too worried about coming out with the "Next Big Thing" to make people buy than to put the time and effort into developing software updates.

Yeah, I'll take my iPhone over any Android any day of the week!

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It's funny, I have great battery life on my iPhone 6 Plus and so does my brother who has an iPhone 6s. Both of us can practically go two days on a single charge whereas when I had an Android phone I had to have a spare battery on me at all times since I would be replacing the battery with even light usage after four hours.

Good God, my Android devices were absolutely horrible when it came to battery life! Absolutely abysmal battery life. I had four Android devices and all of them suffered from terrible battery life that no matter what I did, no matter what so-called "battery miracle app" I loaded, I could barely go six hours before looking for a wall outlet or swapping the battery.

My Android battery experience was the exact opposite of what you describe.

Oh, and how's the software updates? Oh yeah... I forgot, you don't get any because your Android OEM is too worried about coming out with the "Next Big Thing" to make people buy than to put the time and effort into developing software updates.

Yeah, I'll take my iPhone over any Android any day of the week!

I guess I'm one of those rare aliens who have tons of unicorn blood that i bathe in. If i get more than 5 hrs on my iPhone I'm impressed. If i get more than 2 days of standby I'm like oh sheet!! My note 5 pushes 6 days of standby (usually 5d 10when ) and i can get 13-18 hrs of heavy use a day. I played adventure capitalist and my battery was almost gone in 2 hours even with low power mode on.  says my battery is fine.

The funny thing about the update issue is that yeah android barely gets updates but 85% of iOS updates are buggy /glitchy/have multiple major issues and have tons of exploits that can make the device less safe.  then releases another update to fix that issue/bug/w/e and opens more issues. Even if you and people here on imore don't have issues doesn't mean everyone has a device that works perfectly.

Moral is buy what you want, do some research... DON'T go to a strictly android or iOS forum asking about competitor devices. Of course they're going to tell you their treasured os is better yada yada, go look at neutral unbiased forums for your type of question.

IOS and android are pretty much the same, you can't go wrong with either.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
And the Android OEMs are any better when it comes to software updates? Don't make me laugh.

Shamesung for instance, couldn't wrote good code to save their lives. TouchWiz is a bloated piece of crap, it's a RAM pig and people know it. Oh, and those colors. Oh yuck.

Sure, Android may be good if you happen to have a Nexus device but once the Android OEMs have gotten their hands on it and put it through the meat grinder, what comes out the other end is more often than not a bug-filled lag-fest.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My genuine experience is that Apple devices have much worse battery life than Android devices, especially the 6/6S and 5/5S. I especially wonder if 6/6S users realise just how far behind similar Android devices their phones are in this respect. It's rather sad as it puts me off buying a Apple phone.

Not just my experience, BTW: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...essor-fingerprint-sensor-rubbish-battery-life

I hear better reports of the 5SE - hopefully Apple will finally take battery life seriously.

I have to disagree with this. My last 2 Android phones were Nexus devices (Nexus 6 and 6P) both running custom roms. If I made it to 5pm and had any battery left, it was a good day. As a network admin I'm on my phone almost constantly; phone calls, text messages, emails, and several admin/remote apps. And all of this while on wifi.

I have several coworkers with iPhone 6 and I personally think those devices' batteries were horrible from the start. My wife and son and the 6 and the battery was horrible. The few folks I know with 6S seem to be getting a little better battery.

I switched to the 6S plus on April 2nd of this year and even with 470mah less battery than the Nexus 6 and 700mah less battery than the Nexus 6P, I'm still around 50% battery at the end of the day. On the Nexus phones I was having to charge on the way home just to make it until bedtime. I know everyone has different experiences with mobile devices. Maybe I got a great iPhone and bad Nexus devices? Who knows. I can only report my personal use.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And the Android OEMs are any better when it comes to software updates? Don't make me laugh.

Shamesung for instance, couldn't wrote good code to save their lives. TouchWiz is a bloated piece of crap, it's a RAM pig and people know it. Oh, and those colors. Oh yuck.

Sure, Android may be good if you happen to have a Nexus device but once the Android OEMs have gotten their hands on it and put it through the meat grinder, what comes out the other end is more often than not a bug-filled lag-fest.

I'll go one step further and say "bug-filled, lag-fest, BETA TEST!".

And that come from 8 years on Android. :)

Jaramie Black

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Coming from someone who has had the 6p since October of last year, I am going back to Apple. Android is fun, but I am flat out exhausted on trying to get more than 3-3.5 hours of screen on time. My 6s plus was getting 10+ hours with ease. I regret selling that phone but I'm going to sell my 6p, pick up a honor 5x for when I was to map on sensorly, and buy the next iPhone 7 plus or whatever they are going to call it.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The 6 plus and 6S plus have great battery life as does the SE which even beats the 6S plus by some accounts.

The 6/6S has Rubbish battery life and that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't get one.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've owned every model iPhone made, every Galaxy and every Note,,, I do love the toys !!!!!
I just got rid of my S7 and S7 Edge,,, great phones and killer cameras, I'm currently using a 6s as my daily driver.
In the next few months I'm sure I'll be getting the Note 7 and the iPhone 7,,, more fun with toys !!!!
Cheers
Davyo

A kindred spirit! Does your wife/significant other want to kill you also? :D

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Coming from someone who has had the 6p since October of last year, I am going back to Apple. Android is fun, but I am flat out exhausted on trying to get more than 3-3.5 hours of screen on time. My 6s plus was getting 10+ hours with ease. I regret selling that phone but I'm going to sell my 6p, pick up a honor 5x for when I was to map on sensorly, and buy the next iPhone 7 plus or whatever they are going to call it.

I think it is really hard here. I feel like you have to choose between customization and decent battery life or better battery life and no customization 😢

Windows Mobile/Phone is the only true middle in my opinion. The app game is kind of weak though.

I think iOS is great and works well but the lack of customization always gets to me. I care about aesthetics so much to be fully content with iOS. I have an SE, good luck with jailbreaking that.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it is really hard here. I feel like you have to choose between customization and decent battery life or better battery life and no customization

Windows Mobile/Phone is the only true middle in my opinion. The app game is kind of weak though.

I think iOS is great and works well but the lack of customization always gets to me. I care about aesthetics so much to be fully content with iOS. I have an SE, good luck with jailbreaking that.

I'm in the same boat. The lack of customization is what gets me on iOS. It drives me crazy after awhile. BUT, I also get fed up with the random glitches, app issues, etc. that happen on Android after a little while. I'm very conflicted. If Apple would let me move the icons where I want them, set default apps, and let me add ringtones from Zedge without going through some insane workaround with iTunes, I would NEVER want to leave Apple behind. As it stands now, after 6 months on iOS I start going stir crazy!!

Jaramie Black

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it is really hard here. I feel like you have to choose between customization and decent battery life or better battery life and no customization 😢

I am just exhausted from trying to squeeze every minute of battery life out of my 6p. Don't get me wrong, this phone is amazing and has so many features that I love, but I need something more dependable and something I can use all day without trying to find somewhere to charge my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal