Considering switching back to android

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a 6s plus and am eligible for an upgrade and I've been checking out the s7 edge but I don't know whether to go ahead and upgrade or wait for the 7 plus, or Note 6 or 7. I'm pretty torn. Any advice guys??

The S7esge is a cool looking phone. Reviews say its the best on the market right now. I was also thinking of trying it out myself but I may wait till after iOS 10

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung touts their fast wireless charging as something that they have but Apple doesn't and will beat Apple over the head with this fact. Whenever I see that commercial I laugh, I laugh because if you have that device... you're going to need that fast charging since Android devices are notorious for being battery power vampires.

As a person who spent a significant amount of time in the Android world (I had five devices) I have to say that yes, Android does give you a lot of power to do whatever you want and yes, I did do a lot of that. I even owned a Nexus device at one point and rooted, ROMed, and tweaked the crap out of it but that got real old real fast. I'm at the point where I don't care about tweaking this, that, and that other thing; I just want it to work.

And that's where Apple is best, the experience in which it just works. I don't feel like I'm having to fight with my device to make it do what I want it to do, I simply tell it to do what I want and it just does it with no backtalk. Apple is a platform where simplicity is key. Hey, I may be a geek and all but even I have times where I just don't want to fight with my devices and that I just want it to work.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Samsung touts their fast wireless charging as something that they have but Apple doesn't and will beat Apple over the head with this fact. Whenever I see that commercial I laugh, I laugh because if you have that device... you're going to need that fast charging since Android devices are notorious for being battery power vampires.

As a person who spent a significant amount of time in the Android world (I had five devices) I have to say that yes, Android does give you a lot of power to do whatever you want and yes, I did do a lot of that. I even owned a Nexus device at one point and rooted, ROMed, and tweaked the crap out of it but that got real old real fast. I'm at the point where I don't care about tweaking this, that, and that other thing; I just want it to work.

And that's where Apple is best, the experience in which it just works. I don't feel like I'm having to fight with my device to make it do what I want it to do, I simply tell it to do what I want and it just does it with no backtalk. Apple is a platform where simplicity is key. Hey, I may be a geek and all but even I have times where I just don't want to fight with my devices and that I just want it to work.

I find it a little amusing that you posted this. At first, I thought that you had a good point, but I couldn't relate.

Now I can, and I have to agree. I got a Nexus 5x to try again recently because I wanted to get a better try for it. At first, I was excited with the tweaking. After having to do it all over again, I feel tired after doing this for hours. I'm going to return it most likely and move the sim back to my SE. I have a tweaking limit. Really love how I can always slip the sim back into the SE and it just works. No factory resets required.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I like tweaking stuff but I tend to get enough of that on my PC.

Yeah, that's cool. Tweaking is not bad, I just have a serious limit. Minimal to moderate tweaking is ideal for me. Any more than that and I can't wait to be done. I found myself continuing to tweak the 5x at work after already going to sleep later than I should for a work night. The sim is back in my SE even though I'm having voicemail issues :/

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have both and I will carry both, as I have two lines. I'm not overly impressed with Android offerings this side of the year. May be just before Christmas is the time to look.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

My genuine experience is that Apple devices have much worse battery life than Android devices, especially the 6/6S and 5/5S. I especially wonder if 6/6S users realise just how far behind similar Android devices their phones are in this respect. It's rather sad as it puts me off buying a Apple phone.

Not just my experience, BTW: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...essor-fingerprint-sensor-rubbish-battery-life

I hear better reports of the 5SE - hopefully Apple will finally take battery life seriously.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model iPhone made, every Galaxy and every Note,,, I do love the toys !!!!!
I just got rid of my S7 and S7 Edge,,, great phones and killer cameras, I'm currently using a 6s as my daily driver.
In the next few months I'm sure I'll be getting the Note 7 and the iPhone 7,,, more fun with toys !!!!
Cheers
Davyo

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
just wait it out in 2 more months the new note will be out the new (but kind of the same) iPhone 7 will be out heck even the new nexus will be out, With so many new phones coming out in the fall i think it will be foolish to upgrade now especially if nothing is wrong with your current phone

Last edited:

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If your just trying something different then there's no need to wait for the 7Plus. Get the Nexus 6p for cheap and keep your upgrade incase you want to move back. Everyone think trying Android means a Samsung device but the Nexus 6p is the best way to try Android.

This would be my recommendation as well.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Op I'd wait to see the iPhone 7 and note 7 as others have said.

I saw one post here that really hit it on the head: choose the os first. Decide what you like about each OS and pick the one that suits you best. I like to fiddle around with android but after two or three days I switch back to my iPhone. It's just better for me.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Op I'd wait to see the iPhone 7 and note 7 as others have said.

I saw one post here that really hit it on the head: choose the os first. Decide what you like about each OS and pick the one that suits you best. I like to fiddle around with android but after two or three days I switch back to my iPhone. It's just better for me.

It's hard when you like many things about both OSes. I think I have to accept that I'm just a switcher. I love how iOS manages battery but I love how Android phones can be so varied in design. Hard out here.

Edit: I'm fickle, going to keep an Android (toss up between 5x and Robin) and just change between them when I feel like it. I like both, so the only solution is to have both (and my Windows Phone too)! LOL.

Last edited:

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It's hard when you like many things about both OSes. I think I have to accept that I'm just a switcher. I love how iOS manages battery but I love how Android phones can be so varied in design. Hard out here.

Edit: I'm fickle, going to keep an Android (toss up between 5x and Robin) and just change between them when I feel like it. I like both, so the only solution is to have both (and my Windows Phone too)! LOL.

Check out the OnePlus 3 too

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have no issues with my 6s plus I was just thinking of trying something different. iOS is very nice imo.

I did the same thing back in April. After 10-ish years using Android, I decided to give iPhone a try. There are things I like and dislike about iPhone, and the same is true about Android. It really wan't much of a learning curve and after I for the Watch Sport it made the experience a lot better. Will I stay with iPhone? I have no idea. I just decided to give it a try.

But, like everyone else has said, I'd at least wait for the iPhone 7 announcement, see how much prices drop on other iPhone's, then decide.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice