Considering switching back to android

dsamp23

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I currently own a 6s plus and am eligible for an upgrade and I've been checking out the s7 edge but I don't know whether to go ahead and upgrade or wait for the 7 plus, or Note 6 or 7. I'm pretty torn. Any advice guys??

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would wait for the 7 Plus. If you want to go back to Android, definitely wait for the Note line or.. The new Nexus that should be out this year. I much prefer stock Android compared to TouchWiz. Hope that helps.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of good phones out there. If I were you I would wait and see what the iPhone 7 and Note 7 looks like. I would also choose based on the OS that works best for you. Then choose a phone from there. You have to choose what works for you. Good luck.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's hard to say because we don't know what the iPhone 7 is going to offer (outside of some sketchy rumors) and we don't know what kind of user you are. If it were me I'd want to wait until after the iPhone 7 announcement so I could make an educated decision. Good luck! Let us know which direction you end up going.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I currently own a 6s plus and am eligible for an upgrade and I've been checking out the s7 edge but I don't know whether to go ahead and upgrade or wait for the 7 plus, or Note 6 or 7. I'm pretty torn. Any advice guys??

What don't you like about the 6s plus?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well what do you feel android offers at this moment that draws your attention? I like android myself, but don't like the OEMs.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Eh android really is not a good Os to me. Lot of hype Tbh.

That said though, ios 10 looks to be quite refined. Not only with the new additions and tweaks but with the openness to third party apps without the utter mess that is android and of course the security risks(and lack of updates and support on most non nexus devices or slow support)

Android has its place and it is good for those who want that power I guess. But I am not sure downgrading (again my experience) from a refined Os to a haphazard mess is ideal.

I'm sure the new 7 will be good though.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no issues with my 6s plus I was just thinking of trying something different. iOS is very nice imo.

I know a lot of people who switch back and forth from time to time just to switch it up. The VAST majority end up coming back, mostly because they find it easier to stick with the same ecosystem.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If your just trying something different then there's no need to wait for the 7Plus. Get the Nexus 6p for cheap and keep your upgrade incase you want to move back. Everyone think trying Android means a Samsung device but the Nexus 6p is the best way to try Android.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If your just trying something different then there's no need to wait for the 7Plus. Get the Nexus 6p for cheap and keep your upgrade incase you want to move back. Everyone think trying Android means a Samsung device but the Nexus 6p is the best way to try Android.

Agreed! Not that If I ever were to switch to Android it would have to be Nexus. I'm not a fan of the custom ROMs the manufacturers use or having to wait months for an update.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

I like both OSs and the S7 Edge is a great phone. Probably the best one available right now. Give it a shot, see what you think.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Disagree. The best way to experience android is not buying a Samsung or nexus but one of those cyanogen phones that take out the google bs while making the overall os suck less.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy android and iOS. I just sold my s7 edge and got a 6s plus. I previously had the 6s plus before the s7 edge. The battery on the iPhone is way better. Less glitches. My s7 edge froze multiple times. Apps stopped working. I factory reset it 2 times and it fixed the issues for about a week then they came back.
I will probably get the Note 7 as I have a note 5 and never had any issues with it. I will also get the iPhone 7 plus.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Nobody can tell you anything about the 7 Plus until it's out. Hang out at iMore for the next 3 months and you'll have a better idea as we get closer, and then actually hear/watch the announcement :)

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This is was my post today on AC concerning S7 Edge:

I couldn't take the battery life anymore for my uses. Awesome media device, but I don't watch movies or youtube videos on my phone all day to see 8-10 hours of screen on time. My norm was 2hr 45min - 3hr. 4 hrs when reading or videos. I felt like the commercials Sammy used to make fun of the iphones for, wall huggers. Constantly plugged, at work, in the car, at home. The phone had to go. Sammy for me always start off well, then go downhill after carrier updates.

Not saying all android phones are subpar on battery/stutters etc, but Sammy devices are notoriously always great in the beginning then slowly detoriates. I think I my have finally kicked my Samsung habit.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't take the battery life anymore for my uses. Awesome media device, but I don't watch movies or youtube videos on my phone all day to see 8-10 hours of screen on time. My norm was 2hr 45min - 3hr. 4 hrs when reading or videos. I felt like the commercials Sammy used to make fun of the iphones for, wall huggers. Constantly plugged, at work, in the car, at home. The phone had to go. Sammy for me always start off well, then go downhill after carrier updates.

Not saying all android phones are subpar on battery/stutters etc, but Sammy devices are notoriously always great in the beginning then slowly detoriates. I think I my have finally kicked my Samsung habit.

Welcome back (I think ).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Wow. :eek:
I totally get this though. I don't get the wall hugger thing, because the experience you have had with this phone, I have had with most of the Androids I have tried. It's nice for a phone to look great but not so nice to always be charging. It's kind of annoying when people say, oh that's okay because I have quick charge! Missing the point.

I'm hoping to find one that has battery life that is close to what I'm used to. I loved the look of the Nextbit Robin a lot but that battery life, I'm done. Why be frustrated with battery life when you don't have to be?

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow. :eek:
I totally get this though. I don't get the wall hugger thing, because the experience you have had with this phone, I have had with most of the Androids I have tried. It's nice for a phone to look great but not so nice to always be charging. It's kind of annoying when people say, oh that's okay because I have quick charge! Missing the point.

I'm hoping to find one that has battery life that is close to what I'm used to. I loved the look of the Nextbit Robin a lot but that battery life, I'm done. Why be frustrated with battery life when you don't have to be?

True. For most android phones I've had to buy a extended battery case or pack to make it through the day. The only phone that lasted 2 days solid every time was the Droid Maxx.

Currently on my iphone, I have been off the charger a few hours still at 100%. Standby time is great. I can do quite a few things (texts, respond to a few emails, little social media) after taking the iphone off the charge before my battery percentage moves. On Sammy I would've been at 90 to 85% by now.

Don't get me wrong I like both os's but at this point in my life I need a simple dependable phone, with great battery life and pretty good media features which the iphone provides for now. I won't say I'll never go back to android, but it won't be a Samsung device.

Oh yeah and I agree, the argument, "because I have quick charge!' is overrated.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If you go for an Android device, take advantage of the fact that you can get a perfectly decent phone for a much lower price than from Apple. The Moto G, for example, is a very good phone; the software is almost plain Android and Lenovo's record on software updates is good. There are plenty of other good options.

Spend the money you save on something nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods