Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus?

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Mumfoau, you have the iPhone 6s so your phone already has 2 GBs of RAM in it so going from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7 might not be that much of a difference but for me because mine only has 1 GB of RAM in it, going from 1 GB of RAM to 2 GBs of RAM would be a big benefit. There are times that I can see it struggle with the 1 GB of RAM, not often mind you but there are times. Then again, it could be just some of my apps that are RAM pigs (I'm looking at you Facebook!).

But that still leaves the question... Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus? Will there be that much of an upgrade between the 7 and the 6s plus to warrant an upgrade for someone who has an iPhone 6 Plus?

It sounds you made up your mind.....just buy it.:beer:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Previously I had the iPhone 6 since launch day. When the s models came out I thought maybe I should wait for the 7. But I started to see the beauty and clarity of a 6s plus and decided to just get one and not have to wait for the iPhone 7. I am happy with my choice and I can see myself having this for another couple of years

NiLE STiLE

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Wait just a little longer (half a year) and get the 7s....

I always wait to the second generation of all the each iPhones. I waited for the 6s Plus too .... BECAUSE they always teak something and fine-tune it.
At that price wait it out!! :)

Good luck on your decision!!

Last edited:

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah...It looks like those stupid Calvin stickers that all the Dodge owners have...along with the truck nuts. It's especially stupid because Android outsells iPhone by a large margin, worldwide. Yes, and I use a 6s+, iPad Air 2, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, etc. I simply don't drink the kool-aid

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't drink the Kool-aid either but when it comes to the iPhone, I will use nothing else.

I spent four years in the Android world, I couldn't stand it. Lack of proper software updates was the chief reason why I switched to the iPhone and have never looked back.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Actually the iphone 7 is the 10th iphone. And June 2017, the 10th anniversary, the iphone 7 is supposed to be still the newest iphone in store if they don't change back their usual calendar. So this iphone is in fact the one that marks the 10th birthday. If they wait to the next one to a major redesign by saying that, it is just an excuse and it means they are late... Moreover, with the competition and the flatening of their sales, going with an iPhone "6SS" doesn't seem like a good move

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually the iphone 7 is the 10th iphone. And June 2017, the 10th anniversary, the iphone 7 is supposed to be still the newest iphone in store if they don't change back their usual calendar. So this iphone is in fact the one that marks the 10th birthday. If they wait to the next one to a major redesign by saying that, it is just an excuse and it means they are late... Moreover, with the competition and the flatening of their sales, going with an iPhone "6SS" doesn't seem like a good move

The last part I agree with, but the earlier stuff is hocus-pocus semantics ;) We'll be speculating all day every day until announcement time comes.... I think we're all [most anyway] anxious to see what awaits us.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here - but consider the Apple product cycle of 2 years. So the big changes are expected for the 8 (frameless glass and optical home button).

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just grab a used one and don't pay more than you will sell for later, people sell cheap I got a 3 month old 6s plus 16gb for $500 aud, new price $1229 here.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Just get the 6S Plus now and if the 7 comes out and you like it better, sell the 6S Plus. Or don't. I've become well-skilled in the art of flipping mobile phones, so maybe I'm not the guy to ask. In fact, my wife would tell you to ignore my advice and run far, far away. :D Still, it's not like the secondary market for iPhones ever dries up. I wouldn't wait myself.

sqllady

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. I have a iphone 5s and want to purchase ONE MORE iphone, either the 6S or 7. I was in the apple store last week and the Genius Bar lady told me my 5S is worth $125. its better than nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro