Wait for the iPhone 7 to come out and then buy the iPhone 6S!
    06-22-2016 09:15 AM
    The easy answer with Apple is always to wait when this close (three months) to an official announcement...

Then the real strain begins, If this is truly going to be a tic toc toc scenario, the 7 may not be a good upgrade choice over the 6s UNLESS there is a a standout feature for your use case. For me, the camera is a critical component - more so than voice call quality itself - so when the iPhone 6s Plus came out, I jumped from my year old 6 Plus, and switched to a one year upgradeable contract at AT&T (it was available before Apple announced their program). IF (the big if) the 7 Pro comes with 12mpxl dual lens cameras for optical zoom and stabilization, then I'm in for another upgrade. Otherwise, I may play out the hand until 2017 to see what real design innovation is all about.
    06-22-2016 09:42 AM
    So in other words, the general consensus is to wait until the iPhone 7 comes out and then compare the 7 to the 6s to determine if the difference is worthwhile. If not, get the 6s; if yes, get the 7.

I'm sure that when the iPhone 7's details get released and we have concrete information regarding the device I'll be once again on iMore's forums asking which one I should get. I'm sure that I won't be the first one to ask.
    06-22-2016 09:56 AM
    Honestly, the two things that I want is the additional RAM, 3D Touch, and the A9 CPU. I don't do much gaming on iPhone, the most I do on my phone is an occasional game of Solitaire. The most demanding thing I do is a whole lot of NetFlix. The biggest thing I want is the additional RAM, for me the additional RAM would be a big upgrade for me since I do so much multitasking on the device. I'm a heavy mobile web browsing type of person.

The new 12-megapixel iSight camera would be pretty cool to get better pictures but I don't take many pictures. As for the 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera, I couldn't care less about it.
    06-22-2016 10:13 AM
    Again... in the next month or so you will see plenty of feedback from iOS 10 Beta Testers such as myself on iOS 10 on the 6 and 6s series of phones. That should give you a better feel if its as it should be on the older phones. I sure wouldn't jump in a get anything now. The 6 and 6's are great phones... nothing wrong with them.

Now... if you were asking if you should make the switch to the Samsung Gs7.... that might be another story. Sadly, Samsung has taken Apple to task in a couple areas on the phones hardware. That said, I think the 2017 iPhone will put Apple in the catbird's seat once again. Can't wait for the phone!
    06-22-2016 10:21 AM
    Now... if you were asking if you should make the switch to the Samsung Gs7.... that might be another story. Sadly, Samsung has taken Apple to task in a couple areas on the phones hardware. That said, I think the 2017 iPhone will put Apple in the catbird's seat once again. Can't wait for the phone!
    He wasn't, lol.

Personally the 6S is a great line of phones and I'd imagine you'd be just fine for another year with these devices. I personally plan on keeping my 6S and waiting to see what Apple does next year. I'll probably skip this years release.
    06-22-2016 11:59 AM
    If it was me, I would wait.
    06-22-2016 12:09 PM
    I know he wasn't asking about Samsung... just thought I would throw that in there for the heck of it. I have been a huge supporter of Apple from the get-go. Would love to have my Apple 2C today... what a kick that would be! Love my iPhone 6s... basically the best phone I've had.
    He wasn't, lol.

Personally the 6S is a great line of phones and I'd imagine you'd be just fine for another year with these devices. I personally plan on keeping my 6S and waiting to see what Apple does next year. I'll probably skip this years release.
    06-22-2016 12:22 PM
    For what its worth...I did the versy same thing. Upgraded my slooooow iphone 6plus for the 6splus. IF the 7 comes out with amazing specs, I will get the most for that upgrade as well. If not, then I am rid of my slow phone and have a device that will handle ios10 better then my current device. I use my cell phone all the time to talk, surf and the apps. More RAM is needed and noticed.
    But money wasnt really a factor me since I saved it up.

Good luck
    06-22-2016 02:11 PM
    When the 6SS+ comes out, get the 6S+ for less.
    06-22-2016 02:21 PM
    Mumfoau, you have the iPhone 6s so your phone already has 2 GBs of RAM in it so going from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7 might not be that much of a difference but for me because mine only has 1 GB of RAM in it, going from 1 GB of RAM to 2 GBs of RAM would be a big benefit. There are times that I can see it struggle with the 1 GB of RAM, not often mind you but there are times. Then again, it could be just some of my apps that are RAM pigs (I'm looking at you Facebook!).

But that still leaves the question... Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus? Will there be that much of an upgrade between the 7 and the 6s plus to warrant an upgrade for someone who has an iPhone 6 Plus?

It sounds you made up your mind.....just buy it.
    06-22-2016 02:49 PM
    Previously I had the iPhone 6 since launch day. When the s models came out I thought maybe I should wait for the 7. But I started to see the beauty and clarity of a 6s plus and decided to just get one and not have to wait for the iPhone 7. I am happy with my choice and I can see myself having this for another couple of years
    06-22-2016 06:23 PM
    Wait just a little longer (half a year) and get the 7s....

I always wait to the second generation of all the each iPhones. I waited for the 6s Plus too .... BECAUSE they always teak something and fine-tune it.
    At that price wait it out!!

Good luck on your decision!!
    Last edited by NiLE STiLE; 06-23-2016 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes!!!!
    06-23-2016 04:46 AM
    Apple calls it 3D Touch.
    I am aware of that, Keith. But not on all Apple devices. It's Force Touch on other devices (Magic Trackpad, for example), and that is the difference.
    06-23-2016 06:59 AM
    Yeah... I think I'm going to wait until the iPhone 7 comes out and then make my decision.
    06-23-2016 07:54 AM
    Yeah...It looks like those stupid Calvin stickers that all the Dodge owners have...along with the truck nuts. It's especially stupid because Android outsells iPhone by a large margin, worldwide. Yes, and I use a 6s+, iPad Air 2, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, etc. I simply don't drink the kool-aid
    06-23-2016 10:23 AM
    I don't drink the Kool-aid either but when it comes to the iPhone, I will use nothing else.

I spent four years in the Android world, I couldn't stand it. Lack of proper software updates was the chief reason why I switched to the iPhone and have never looked back.
    06-23-2016 10:28 AM
    Actually the iphone 7 is the 10th iphone. And June 2017, the 10th anniversary, the iphone 7 is supposed to be still the newest iphone in store if they don't change back their usual calendar. So this iphone is in fact the one that marks the 10th birthday. If they wait to the next one to a major redesign by saying that, it is just an excuse and it means they are late... Moreover, with the competition and the flatening of their sales, going with an iPhone "6SS" doesn't seem like a good move
    06-23-2016 11:54 AM
    Actually the iphone 7 is the 10th iphone. And June 2017, the 10th anniversary, the iphone 7 is supposed to be still the newest iphone in store if they don't change back their usual calendar. So this iphone is in fact the one that marks the 10th birthday. If they wait to the next one to a major redesign by saying that, it is just an excuse and it means they are late... Moreover, with the competition and the flatening of their sales, going with an iPhone "6SS" doesn't seem like a good move
    The last part I agree with, but the earlier stuff is hocus-pocus semantics We'll be speculating all day every day until announcement time comes.... I think we're all [most anyway] anxious to see what awaits us.
    06-23-2016 12:39 PM
    Same here - but consider the Apple product cycle of 2 years. So the big changes are expected for the 8 (frameless glass and optical home button).
    06-23-2016 01:59 PM
    Just grab a used one and don't pay more than you will sell for later, people sell cheap I got a 3 month old 6s plus 16gb for $500 aud, new price $1229 here.
    06-26-2016 05:34 AM
    I would wait. If the 7 is not a big change you can always get a good deal on a 6s plus.
    06-26-2016 05:55 AM
    Just get the 6S Plus now and if the 7 comes out and you like it better, sell the 6S Plus. Or don't. I've become well-skilled in the art of flipping mobile phones, so maybe I'm not the guy to ask. In fact, my wife would tell you to ignore my advice and run far, far away. Still, it's not like the secondary market for iPhones ever dries up. I wouldn't wait myself.
    06-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Since the iPhone 7 is right around the corner, I would wait for that if I were you.
    08-04-2016 02:01 PM
    I'm in the same situation. I have a iphone 5s and want to purchase ONE MORE iphone, either the 6S or 7. I was in the apple store last week and the Genius Bar lady told me my 5S is worth $125. its better than nothing.
    08-18-2016 02:23 PM
76 1234