Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Seems that the
is a popular avatar.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6s Plus is of a different size though. But in general the wait or buy now argument is really the same. Get it now if you can't wait, or wait if you can .

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus (non-S) 64 GB model right now and my question is (based upon rumors) if I should wait for the iPhone 7 or should I just take the plunge and get the iPhone 6s Plus. Is the iPhone 7 going to be great or is it going to be more... meh?

Even if the upgrade is "more... meh" than the 6s Plus, it's still a year newer and going to have updates/upgrades to it. We're only 3 months out, if you can wait.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
There's rumors that the iPhone 7 will use much the same design that the previous iPhone 6 Plus and 6s Plus had. OK, so does that mean that my existing case for my iPhone 6 Plus will work with the new iPhone 7 Plus? I really like my case, it's one of those Speck CandyShell Grip cases. It usually takes a month or two for some really good cases to come out after a complete redesign.

GGIBS

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Actually given the recent rumors, I would even consider waiting for the iPhone 8. I have the iPhone 6 Plus like you and am seriously considering waiting. Even if I do upgrade, I will likely do so using the Apple Upgrade program so I could trade in after 12 months for a new one.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Actually given the recent rumors, I would even consider waiting for the iPhone 8. I have the iPhone 6 Plus like you and am seriously considering waiting. Even if I do upgrade, I will likely do so using the Apple Upgrade program so I could trade in after 12 months for a new one.
Oh yeah... It's my plan to use the Apple Upgrade Program so that I can upgrade every year. Get the iPhone 7 Plus (or whatever it's called), then a year later get the iPhone 8 (or whatever it's called).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Im happy with my 6s+ but there wont be a big redesign till the 8 comes out in 2018.
Thats what i read at least.

From the rumors I'm reading, the redesign will take place in 2017 and Apple may skip the usual "s" release and go straight to an iPhone 8. We'll see!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But if you have the Apple Upgrade Program it doesn't matter, you get a new phone every year.

True. It only really matters if you plan on keeping your phone for longer than two years because you won't have a payment. I don't remember the last time I did that though.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If there is one thing that the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program is very good at, it's that you get a completely unlocked device making you a person who's not shackled to one's mobile carrier. Obviously the carriers don't like this but really who cares about that?

Another thing that the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program is very good at is making an iPhone not quite so expensive up front. It makes the price easier to digest instead of having to pay $800 up front. If that's not a great thing I don't know what is.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If I wait for the iPhone 7 it'll mean that I've held onto the same device for nearly two years. The only reason why I want the new phone is that it has more RAM in it. More RAM is good, I need more RAM. Oh and the Force Touch is so sweet.

Edgar Obare

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
if you have a 6 plus then you should upgrade to the 7, apple fortunately has predictable cycles and to get the best off ur iphone upgrade every other year. I have a 6s plus and will wait for the 7s plus/pro or whatever they will call it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait. You mentioned 3D Touch being an important feature. What if the iPhone 7 (or whatever it will be called) has something you want and then you're stuck with the 6S+?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But who knows how iOS 10 is going to run on the 6 Plus. It took months to get iOS 9.x to run decently on the iPhone 6 Plus.

What really makes me want to get a new phone come September is the fact that iOS 10 has a lot of new features that depend upon Force Touch.

Actually, they call it 3D Touch. I don't think the 6 Plus will have issues with iOS 10 anymore than the other phones. They all get the same OS. 3D Touch is another issue. The 6s Plus has it. So there's that option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro