iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Its not a stupid question I remember back I think it was BlackBerry bold had an issue if left on the charger too long (over night)

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Its not a stupid question I remember back I think it was BlackBerry bold had an issue if left on the charger too long (over night)

Nobody said it was a stupid question. Perhaps the BlackBerry bold had an issue with overnight charging but today's iPhones don't.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have charged mine overnight forever, and have had no issues. The phones have technology in them smart enough to keep the battery optimized :)

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi as long as you use Apple genuine chargers and certified or genuine Lightning cables you are ok and there will be no issue with overnight charging.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi as long as you use Apple genuine chargers and certified or genuine Lightning cables you are ok and there will be no issue with overnight charging.

Is there really an issue with third party cables and chargers? Any charger of a suitable spec, bought from a reputable source, should be fine.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
All original chargers from respectable brands are ok to use, like from Nokia, Samsung and the likes. Don't go for cheap off brand chargers you can buy on the streets or flee markets. Always use MFi certified or genuine cables. I used to use 50 cent cables from the streets and they simply don't charge as fast and safe as original or certified cables.

It's like buying a million dollar car and putting bicycle tires under it to save some money. You get what I mean.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
All original chargers from respectable brands are ok to use, like from Nokia, Samsung and the likes. Don't go for cheap off brand chargers you can buy on the streets or flee markets. Always use MFi certified or genuine cables. I used to use 50 cent cables from the streets and they simply don't charge as fast and safe as original or certified cables.

It's like buying a million dollar car and putting bicycle tires under it to save some money. You get what I mean.

THIS. I use a bunch of third party cables and they're great. ONLY use MFi certified cables (you'll see the Made for iPhone logo on the packaging or it'll be mentioned in the product listing). You don't have to spend a ton. Amazon Basics lightning cables are awesome and they're cheap.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
THIS. I use a bunch of third party cables and they're great. ONLY use MFi certified cables (you'll see the Made for iPhone logo on the packaging or it'll be mentioned in the product listing). You don't have to spend a ton. Amazon Basics lightning cables are awesome and they're cheap.

Something like this is what you want to look for:

IMG_1460.JPG

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I use chargers and cables made by Anker. Have for quite a while now and they are great. Have never had an issue with them. Have multiple chargers, cables of various lengths, and a portable battery pack. Love them all.

Ive also been charging my phones overnight from my blackberrys, to my first and only android, to my iPhone 5s to now my 6s Plus. No issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2