Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default What is the best clear case with good grip for the iPhone 6s plus

I recently got an iPhone 6s plus off contract

I used to use a 6 and upgraded to the plus model because I travel a lot for the battery size and love the bigger screen

I got the space grey but later realized I should Have gotten another color because I don't want to hide my beautiful device

But I get sweaty palms a lot during the day and I would love for my phone to not fall off

I tried the spigen clear case but it's smooth so it's even worse than using the phone without a case

I don't like tpu cases

I actually love the magpul cases because it let's me grip my phone well
    I have tried the field case in 2 colors already (black and teal)

I wanted to get the clear case bug I read it's translucent

I just need help in getting a new clear case with good grip

Thanks
    iMore Pro

Default Re: What is the best clear case with good grip for the iPhone 6s plus

I use a Poetic Affinity case. I like it a lot. It's clear and provides grip plus protection.
    iMore Intermediate

I've heard good things about the Ringke Fusion. I think I'll order one tonight.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Default What is the best clear case with good grip for the iPhone 6s plus

The Ringke Fusion is the one I got recently and it is very nice and has plenty of grip.

I also like the fact that it has little ridges on each corner that keep the back from directly sitting on the surface, so it avoids scratches better.

Just remember that it has TWO protective sheets that you need to peel off. One on the outside back and one on the inside. The one on the inside is difficult to get off and many people think there isn't one(read some of the bad Amazon reviews... It's comical) on there but there is. I found up by the camera hole is the best place to get it started.
    iMore Nanite

I'm currently using the Ringke Fusion as well and really like how it feels in the hand. Haven't drop the phone since switching out the cases.
    libra89 likes this.

For good grip I'd recommend the apple silicone case
    iMore Pro

Default Re: What is the best clear case with a good grip for the iPhone 6s plus?

I've tried both the Speck Candyshell Clear and the Ballistic Jewel Spark in clear. Both are good, but of the two I prefer the Ballistic Jewel Spark because it's much more grippy, and it's also easier to put on and take off. That said, there is an issue with yellowing. Ballistic has replaced my case two times, and the third one began to yellow after 4-5 weeks! I ended up purchasing the same case in clear teal, and I love it.

I do understand your desire for a clear case, and am following this thread with great interest!
    iMore Pro

I am trying to find a clear case that won't yellow! Does this case show any signs of yellowing?
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: What is the best clear case with a good grip for the iPhone 6s plus?

Here you go. I Totallee recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU2758851
    cardan08 likes this.

Had to stop at Staples for ink and picked up a Spigen Ultra Hybrid! I've used them before and was gonna just stick with what I have but I succumbed to temptation...
    iMore Nanite

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU2758970

I have used these for a while. Absolutely love them. Nice grip on the side and crystal clear
    DarlaMack likes this.
    iMore Genius

https://www.amazon.com/PureGear-Slim...mUvbUpU2759013

That one. Whenever I need to use a case, I use that one. I especially like it because I don't have to call out a search party to find the buttons or use the jaws of life to press them.
    DarlaMack likes this.

Default What is the best clear case with a good grip for the iPhone 6s plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas184 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU2759026

I have used these for a while. Absolutely love them. Nice grip on the side and crystal clear
    Oh yeah those Ringke cases are nice. Was first introduced to those when I had a Nexus 6P
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-18-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    iMore Pro

I use the spigen crystal clear case.
    iMore Newbie

I personally use Cygnett's Aerogrip case. It's sleek and also gives a good grip to my phone. I like it personally. There's also other brands like Spigen, etc. Check out which one is to your liking!
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Newbie

Thanks for all your suggestions guys
    I couldn't reply earlier because I didn't know how to
    But I was told to request the desktop site to see the option to reply

All your answers are highly appreciated
    I ended up ordering the spigen and ringke cases

The spigen was too slippery so I returned
    The ringke comes in today I hope it's the last case Im trying on

Thanks again guys
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iMore Newbie

I absolutely love this ringke fusion case
    I actually considered seeing off my space gray 6s plus to get another color
    But now I'm keeping it
    It's fantastic
    iMore Newbie

I just came back from Android . I picked up a pure gear clear. Like it so far.
    iMore Newbie

For me, the answer is without a doubt the Spigen Liquid Crystal. The case has great grip and incredible feedback from the buttons.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I use JETech bumper crystal clear case that has perfect cut-outs at the desirable places for speakers, camera as well as other ports. Made of poly carbonate (PC) and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) fusion, the case offers an optimal protection to your iPhone.
    iMore Newbie

Get the poetic affinity on amazon.
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by shodipo View Post

I just need help in getting a new clear case with good grip
    No doubt you've discovered it'll be hard to find a case that everybody likes equally. I've tried an Apple leather case, an Apple silicone case and a clear tech21 case sold through the Apple store. All had the same issues for me, and that is poor touch sensitivity on the buttons. I went with a no name soft clear case for about 10 dollars. Good grip, easy breezy button feedback but so-so protection on the front around the bezel, and it hasn't yellowed so far.

As an aside I'm pretty sure Apple is rehashing the 6 plus leather cases as compatible with the 6S plus, but in my opinion they don't fit the same.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shodipo View Post
    I absolutely love this ringke fusion case
    I actually considered seeing off my space gray 6s plus to get another color
    But now I'm keeping it
    It's fantastic
    Me too! It's my favorite case now, shows off my rose gold 6S Plus incredibly, it's tough and gives a great non slip grip. Thanks to everyone here who recommended it. 😎
    iMore Newbie

For me I like this case and it look good on the space gray.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmbtox79c3...14055.jpg?dl=0
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iMore Newbie

Update I switched to an incipio ngp case
    I chose the teal and will probably get a blue case next
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast