Should I....

2015Girl

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Get an iPhone 6plus or iPhone 6S? What color? I was thinking gold cuz I have a black faceplate and I want somthing different. Not getting a phone till fall.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464918524.960699.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464918534.659307.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464918542.660122.jpg

What color of case should I get?

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That depends, do you want a larger iphone? Or are you happy with the 4.7" on the 6s?

I personally prefer the Plus

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
By Fall we should see a new iPhone (probably 7 and 7 Plus, or some variant) so your decision may completely change by then. That being said, get the colors you like. It's a matter of personal preference. They're all beautiful phones.
If you want some more feedback on the subject look around the forum. We have a few discussions on the subject.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think the 6s is a safe bet in the middle. If you ever felt like your 5c was too small, I think that would be the best bet.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My 5C is small lol.
I have to get the 6S or 6Plus I can't get the new one too much money.

Apple has a tendency to keep the same pricing model for its flagship devices. That being said, it's very possible that the 6s and 6s Plus will be discontinued when the 7 is released.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
You should go hold them both and see which you prefer. Plus has a better camera if that is important to you. You may also want to consider the new model which will be released in the fall. Since it seems you keep your phones for a long time it makes sense for you to get the newest available.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the 6s+. I love it. The 6s is nice I usually wait for the s models to fix the issues with the first models. So I'd get the 6s if I were you.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I got a used Gold 6S plus yesterday, i like it never had gold before, have had one silver and the rest black/grey.
Deciding between the Saddle brown or the black leather case, can get a new black for $29 but SB is $75 here, the gold does look nice in the brown though, might bite the bullet on it as i had black before with space grey plus.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
That being said, it's very possible that the 6s and 6s Plus will be discontinued when the 7 is released.

Possible, but unlikely. You can still buy the 6, 6+, 5S, 5C (although that seems to be in the process of being discontinued) and the 4S, as well as the 6S, 6S+ and 5SE. Apple usually keep a few older generations in production to satisfy lower price points.

The only time I can think when this didn't happen was when the iPhone 5 was replaced with the 5S and the 5C. This was because the 5 had only very primitive 4G support, and wasn't really a viable product to continue with (at least, from network operators' point of view). Well, I've never read that reported anywhere, but as someone who follows the industry it seems very obvious to me.

Anyway, I can't think of any reason why Apple would discontinue the 6S and 6S+ when they launch the 7, but of course we will have to wait and see. :)

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Possible, but unlikely. You can still buy the 6, 6+, 5S, 5C (although that seems to be in the process of being discontinued) and the 4S, as well as the 6S, 6S+ and 5SE. Apple usually keep a few older generations in production to satisfy lower price points.

The only time I can think when this didn't happen was when the iPhone 5 was replaced with the 5S and the 5C. This was because the 5 had only very primitive 4G support, and wasn't really a viable product to continue with (at least, from network operators' point of view). Well, I've never read that reported anywhere, but as someone who follows the industry it seems very obvious to me.

Anyway, I can't think of any reason why Apple would discontinue the 6S and 6S+ when they launch the 7, but of course we will have to wait and see. :)

By discontinue I meant that Apple will stop selling the phones directly. Most domestic retailers generally follow suit shortly after. I understand that you can find older phones if you look hard enough.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple still sell all those phones directly in Apple-branded shops.

Yep. You're right. Damn iPhone 6 is still being sold through the Apple Store app. That is the oldest phone they have listed though. Apparently I've worked under a false assumption this whole time.
Sorry dude.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Depending on what kind of size phone you like and are comfortable with. I thought 6 size would be good for me and the plus size iPhone was to big. But once I decided to get a 6s plus, no regrets. Will have this phone for a couple years or so