How to maintain the life time of my iphone battery?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello
I have my new iphone 6s plus and would like to know how to maintain the lifetime of my battery for as long as possible?
Is there any precautions that must be taken into consideration in order to maximize the life span of my battery?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would just not worry too much about it.. Batteries are meant to deteriorate over time. I myself carry a powerbank at all times despite the awesome battery life of the 6s Plus

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Remember the 3 things that use the most battery are your screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Back off on those as much as possible. Use common sense. You'll probably upgrade before the battery dies.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If you add your top offs, they equal a cycle.

Yes but that last 10% drain before total discharge seems to have a disproportionate impact on Lithium based rechargeables, and if the low voltage cutoff is set too low or the user defeats it by repeated attempts to power up then the battery is truly toast.

My suggestions are pretty much unchanged
* Don't run the charge so low the phone shuts down, unless you need the last few electrons to save a life.
* Don't try to overcharge above 100% unless you like pyrotechnic displays. (The phone should self-regulate and prevent this automatically)
* If the phone is to be left powered down for long periods (weeks...months) try to put it to storage with around 50% charge in the battery. (In reality this is only likely to be of interest to people like seafarers and deployed military who are away from usable cellular signals for extended periods)

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Only if the drain would have gone to 0%, and at no point am I charging a full cycle from low battery to full.

OK... charging from 50% to full is half a cycle. do it twice and that counts as one full cycle. Think of it as the total quantity of energy which has passed in and out of the battery since it was manufactured. In fact if you consider it as the total number of electrons which have passed through the battery that would be a very close reflection of the actual wear and tear on the cells.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry about it too much. We're talking about nitpicky differences. iPhone is meant to charge through a typical user experience. You should be just fine.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
You'll upgrade your phone before your battery deteriorates, 3 years should be more than enough time before you notice any meaningful changes to your overall battery life and performance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're a moderate user, you have nothing to worry about. Even many who consider themselves heavy users will most likely upgrade before the battery dies. Extremely heavy users may be different. Someone like me, for example. I'm on my phone almost non stop all day. I'll be lucky to make it 2 years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR