iPhone 6s plus water damage! What are my options?

keith23456

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 6s plus water damage!

So basically i got an iphone 6s plus a few months back and knowing me i was excited to jump into the pool since it had just opened and of course..... my iphone was in my pocket, after a about 3 seconds i realized that it was in my pocket and i quickly jumped out of the pool, pulled the iphone out of my pocket taking the case off and drying it with my towel. a few seconds after i got back up to my apartment it had shut down, i put the iphone in a container of rice over night (i was also periodically checking the phone and it was hot to the touch near the home button.) after checking it a few times it cooled down and i let it be over night.after i woke up the phone was turning on but no display at all. so i made a genius bar appointment and i will be taking it into the apple store on Monday. i just dont know how much this will cost to be repaired or replaced (also the home button isnt responsive because i cant restart it with the home button power button combo only the power button works) and i forgot to say that the screen flickers for a second when i let the phone die and plug it in. could somebody tell me how much it would cost without the apple care warranty on it. Im very sorry for the long post!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6s plus water damage!

I think you can get a one time out of warranty replacement for around $350-$400 but don't quote me on that. Someone else may know for sure. Sounds like the phone you have is toast.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Sounds like toast. I have a life proof case on my 6s plus because of that reason. One spilled coffee or water contact and the phone is gone!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Even if they work after getting wet like that, later down the road there's issues from parts corroding. Gets wet you don't turn it on at all. You immediately put it in rice for at least 3 days without testing it by turning it on. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

Or get a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. No worries about the pool then. (Puts on flame suit to defend against those overly sensitive individuals that will be angry about this post.) ;)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

My advice is to always approach the Genius Bar with honesty and remorse. Sometimes they go above and beyond to help nice people. Doesn't always work but I have had success in the past.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My advice is to always approach the Genius Bar with honesty and remorse. Sometimes they go above and beyond to help nice people. Doesn't always work but I have had success in the past.

Yeah, you don't want to go in lying and cursing Tim Cook.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Having breast helps. Get a large breasted friend (preferably female) to go with you. Let her do all the talking. My mom wasn't ejecting images on her G5 iMac. She brought it to the Apple Store and they cleaned it up for her, plus the dork said it would run better with more memory, so they upgraded her memory, all at no charge. (Didn't even have to pay for the memory modules.) My sister has gotten similar service at the same store.

��

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Or get a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. No worries about the pool then. (Puts on flame suit to defend against those overly sensitive individuals that will be angry about this post.) ;)

But then you would have to use Android

keith23456

May 29, 2016
Visit site

i know this is a late reply lmao but i had the phone replaced by tmobile for $175 because apple wanted $300 and got my phone in less than 24 hours in the mail anyways thanks for the help everyone :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

i know this is a late reply lmao but i had the phone replaced by tmobile for $175 because apple wanted $300 and got my phone in less than 24 hours in the mail anyways thanks for the help everyone :)

Glad it worked out for you!

Also, I'm not sure who these @robertk328 and @firedept10 guys are but they're highly inappropriate. I apologize for their shenanigans.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh