- iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
Email Not Syncing
Got myself a new 6s plus and I'm loving it. One thing I've noticed after a week, however, is that email is not syncing on its own. Whether push or fetch is on, everytime I go into the mail app, it always THEN decides to sync. Case in point, it's rare that I wake up and there's not at least five emails waiting for me, and for the last few days I've had none... only for like, 10 to show up when I open the app. I've switched from push to fetch, and then back to push (apparently there's not option to fetch 'as items arrive,' which is odd). I've deleted and readded the account with the same results.
Anyone else having syncing problems? Any fixes? Thanks!
- 05-21-2016, 08:10 AM #2
- 05-21-2016, 05:48 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 137 Posts
Email Not Syncing
Is it a major provider like Gmail or Outlook?
Gmail doesn't do push at all with the iOS mail app, so when you open the app, it will then check Gmail.
Now with that said, I do see occasional issue with push. I use Outlook.com and most of the time it works, but occasionally it will stop. I'll notice I haven't seen any emails for a while and open then app, then boom, I see all the emails pop up. When this happens I usually do 2 things, flip the switch from push to fetch, then back to push and then I reboot the phone.
I have no idea why it just stops "pushing" but it does.
Last edited by Chuck_IV; 05-22-2016 at 11:33 AM.
- By dwd3885 in forum iOS 9Replies: 5Last Post: 05-20-2016, 09:24 PM
- By eseerc in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2016, 09:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2016, 11:52 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2016, 05:20 AM