Why did my new iphone 6 plus s do the setup in someone else's name?
An expert in the Apple store set up my new phone, but instead of 'my card' being me in my contact list, it showed my partner's name. He swapped it over easily enough, but said there was no way that would happen unless we have shared apple id logons etc. We have never shared apple logons/passwords. We have never plugged phones into each other's laptops etc. There has never been any link between his devices or mine. I need to be able to explain why this happened and how, because he thinks I have hacked his phone - which is rubbish. I wouldn't even know how. Can anyone explain why this happened?
- 05-15-2016, 06:22 PM #2
- 38,490 Posts
Re: Why did my new iphone 6 plus s do the setup in someone else's name?
Like anyone else, I can only speculate. More than likely, your "partner" selected his contact when he had your phone in his possession. Anyway, what's important is that the fix is quite simple. On your iPhone, go to Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendars → My Info, and then select the appropriate contact information.
- By Rene Ritchie in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 67Last Post: 07-02-2016, 11:26 AM
- By detfan in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 9Last Post: 05-25-2016, 07:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 6Last Post: 05-23-2016, 04:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2016, 05:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-2016, 05:15 PM