Exchanging 6s+...........again!!

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have already changed my 6s+ for a different colour and case. Now I'm thinking if exchanging it again. This time for the smaller and easier to operate 6s. Obviously this is all in the 14 day return policy. Now, do you rekon the staff at my local Apple store could get a bit p*ssy about this or do you think it will be ok?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I say exchange as much as you're allowed to until you get what you want. I know with Verizon, you can only exchange once within the 14 days. Burned me back in 2014.

Last edited:

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
If you keep doing that every 14 days , try to take advantage to it . It might be a little bit cheap

Still not quite sure what you mean by cheap, dallasmaniac. Sorry If I'm being a bit dim here. All I'm trying to do is find a happy medium with my iPhone. After my initial purchase I realised the space grey 6s+ with a black Apple case looked bland. petty? maybe, but if I'm buying the phone outright ( I think you guys call it off-contract) I want to be happy with my purchase - I also want it to look great. That's why I exchanged it for the Silver 6s+ with the white front and a tan colour leather Apple case. Imho, this is a great looking set-up.

However, after a few days, I realised that it's just a bit too big for me and I would like to exchange it for the same aesthetic set-up, albeit with the smaller 6s device.

I was just worried that the Apple store may say no because I have exchanged it once already. To be fair to my local Apple store (Plymouth UK), I have purchased and returned quite a few devices over the years for various reasons and I haven't had a problem so far - I would go as far to say they have been very accommodating. Kudos to them for this.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
As long as Apple's policy is that you can exchange or return within 14 days, I see no reason why they would get upset. It is no loss to the employee.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still not quite sure what you mean by cheap, dallasmaniac. Sorry If I'm being a bit dim here. All I'm trying to do is find a happy medium with my iPhone. After my initial purchase I realised the space grey 6s+ with a black Apple case looked bland. petty? maybe, but if I'm buying the phone outright ( I think you guys call it off-contract) I want to be happy with my purchase - I also want it to look great. That's why I exchanged it for the Silver 6s+ with the white front and a tan colour leather Apple case. Imho, this is a great looking set-up.

However, after a few days, I realised that it's just a bit too big for me and I would like to exchange it for the same aesthetic set-up, albeit with the smaller 6s device.

I was just worried that the Apple store may say no because I have exchanged it once already. To be fair to my local Apple store (Plymouth UK), I have purchased and returned quite a few devices over the years for various reasons and I haven't had a problem so far - I would go as far to say they have been very accommodating. Kudos to them for this.

Although I get what you're saying, at some point you're going to be told NO. Your indecision will begin to cost them because they cannot resell your returned devices as new. As for you, your efforts doesn't appear to be with the device, but more with how the device and case look as a whole. It's because of these type of situations that companies like Verizon do not allow for multiple exchanges, and it's why other companies charge a restocking fee.

Last edited:

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Although I get what you're saying, at some point you're going to be told NO. Your indecision will begin to cost them because they cannot resell your returned devices as new. As for you, your efforts doesn't appear to be with the device, but more with how the device and case look as a whole. It's because of these type of situations that companies like Verizon not allow for multiple exchanges, and it's why other companies charge a restocking fee.

With Apple's billions in the bank, I don't think they'll lose too much sleep over my exchanged iPhone. I understand what you're saying, and no doubt may ring true if say 4 or 5 out every 10 new purchases was returned.

Anyway, if they're concerned it's going to cost them money, they should remove or at least amend the 14 day 'no quibble' exchange policy then, surely? It was only exchanged 'once' for aesthetic reasons. It was on my second device that after a while, I realised I would struggle with one-handed operations due to it's size and my arthritic fingers/thumbs. Every effort was made to give-it-a-go, as it were.

Anyway, that's bye-the-bye. I exchanged it this afternoon - no problems, and due to the 6s size V the 6s+ size, I'm already finding it easier, and now I'm very happy with my purchase.:smile:

Last edited:

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
OP
Why don't you do a little research before buying the thing instead of tying up everyone's time and resources? I wouldn't call you cheap, but I would say you're a nuisance.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't give a rat's ringpiece if I'm a nuisance. If I'm paying ?700 for a phone and a case, I'll be as much of a nuisance as I want to be.

Last edited:

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
[warn]All... Please stay on topic and avoid personal comments about other members. Leave the personal jabs out of it or we start handing out rewards in the form of infractions and penalty points.[/warn]

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Back to the topic.

You should be ok.

All exchanged to a 6s with no problems. Once again, the staff in my local Apple store were extremely understanding and helpful. Even just 24 hours later I'm finding it much easier to operate with one hand when I have to.

I'm staying clear of the Apple store before my name goes on the banned list!! :rotfl: Saying that, if the wife let's spend some money in September, I may pop in and have a sneaky look at the iPhone 7, maybe! :tongue:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, you may have heard me say this before, but I've only been an iPhone user a little over a month (after 8 years on *soundbite DROID*) but I've been to my local Apple store several times over the past month just to look at something, order something or just ask a dumb question. AT NO TIME have I ever been treated in a bad or rude manner. So I say exchange it as long as you can until you are happy because apparently Apple also wants you to be happy.

At least, that's how I get treated in their local store.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying clear of the Apple store before my name goes on the banned list!! :rotfl: Saying that, if the wife let's spend some money in September, I may pop in and have a sneaky look at the iPhone 7, maybe! :tongue:

Probably a wise decision. Apple won't ban you but you need your wife to feel guilt about your self denial before September

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just recently got my 6s plus in a rose gold. Kind of wanted the gold one but they didn't have any at the moment when I purchased my phone but honestly this rose gold is already starting to grow on me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73