case or no case?

JerryRaia

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are using a case to protect the unit then you can't see it anyway because its covered up. Covered and scratch less. I say use it with no case and then when it has a few scratches you can cover it up with a case.

PretzelLogic

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I only use the Apple leather case. It adds practically nothing to the size of the phone, looks good, and is surprisingly protective. My 6 has survived several falls onto tile with just the leather case.

Mercifull

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I went "naked" with my iPhone5 for two years. A few scuffs around the edges but mostly that was because of the crappy black anodisation. My iPhone 6 however was too thin and slippy without a case so I use the standard leather Apple case. Never used a screen protector.

GaelicSoxFan

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Case here. OtterBox Commuter. I carry my phone in my pocket so I wanted one with a slim profile. It has saved my phone several times from drops. I also bought the screen protector from Verizon. I've been burned by the cheap ones on Amazon. It's saved my phone from several scratches.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My Apple leather case has taken a beating but my phone remains in perfect condition.
I wish I had the guts to go caseless. I'm too darn clumsy!

The Apple cases are thin enough that it's worth it to use them for the protection. I was never a fan but now that I've used them I don't know why it took so long!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a case to protect the unit then you can't see it anyway because its covered up. Covered and scratch less. I say use it with no case and then when it has a few scratches you can cover it up with a case.

Until you drop it on a tile or garage floor (been there, done that) and the screen shatters :) Using a case has prevented that from happening to me, thankfully. Not worried about the scratches.

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had a case for all my iPhone's and iPads. Currently rocking a UAG case for my iPhone5s and an STM Dux for my iPad Air

dragontology

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Case (Spigen clear hybrid: TPU sides, hard plastic back) and tempered glass screen protector. Main reason being is, I have a Flygrip and I didn't want to attach it to the iPhone itself. So I attached it to the case. They're so awesome, I don't know how people use phones without them anymore...

Also, I want a dbrand (or other) mahogany skin on the phone, and I was afraid the Flygrip would pull it off or at least not be as secure. So I figure, skin on phone, phone in case, Flygrip on case. But I haven't gotten the skin yet. I've had the phone (6s) nine days now, no sense rushing to cover it up.

BCKurth

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
My personal preference has always been for cases. I’ll now regularly switch between a half dozen different options.
In order of purchase:
Apple - 6s, brown leather.
Incase - Smart Systm, clear/frost grey.
Moshi - iGlaze hard shell, graphite black.
Carved.com - matte black slim case, satellite series.
Evutec - S and SI Karbon, Osprey.
It’s hard to pick a favorite; however, my most recent purchase was the Evutec SI. I’ve had it for about a week. Highly recommended. It’s a great case!
I’ve also used a Zagg invisible shield glass screen protector since day one. No complaints.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
There is no way I would go caseless with my luck. I'd scratch it within days.

I just went through a few cases and finally found one I like enough to use everyday.

Caseology Envoy - Nice case but too slippery

Totallee Doberman - cutouts were off so charging port opening was always partially blocked. Plus edge around screen wasn't talk enough with glass screen protector on.

Speck Candyshell grip - a bit too thick for me although was nice protection

Tech21 Evo Tactical - this is finally the one. Not too thick, textured got good grip and looks good.

We'll see how well it works out.

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I used to only use a case, then I discovered the K11 bumper from thanotech. It protects from drops and matches the color of my iPhone so it looks way better than any case.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
No case for me about 95% of the time. I'll use an Apple leather case if I'm going out to dinner or someplace where I'm going to have a few drinks, but otherwise #Nude.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen