case or no case?

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I will always use a case... I love my tech21 classic shell case (mesh red/black). Thin, great drop protection and it looks great! I am constantly getting complimented on the case. Also easy to slip off.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd hour with no case and am stressing out lol. Too many kids around lol.

I honestly hate every case I put on here so it's a double edged sword for me. I may go down and take a look at the Apple silicone cases tomorrow?

I just want the thinnest case with the most protection lol!?

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd hour with no case and am stressing out lol. Too many kids around lol.

I honestly hate every case I put on here so it's a double edged sword for me. I may go down and take a look at the Apple silicone cases tomorrow?

I just want the thinnest case with the most protection lol!?

Sounds like a good idea!  cases are the next best thing to being naked and getting that extra protection.
Good luck with your choice !

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm really tempted to use no case, I did on previous phones with no real issue. I won't go without a screen protector though. I did on my old Android based Galaxy Nexus and had no problems. Went to a Lumia 1020 and the, I guess, whatever coating they put on those scratched horribly. Even felt like the glass itself was scratched. The only thing ever in the pocket with it was a plastic eye drop bottle. I've been paranoid ever since and run screen protectors again. Even my 6s Plus has a fine hairline scratch on the screen in I'm assuming whatever the coating is on top of the glass (oleophobic I think?) after I rubbed it on my t-shirt the night I bought it to clean the screen. Glass screen protector totally hides it though. I do want to get a Lifeproof Fre for hiking/offroading with it though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the best case is the Apple leather case as far as looks. But it really doesn't offer crash and burn protection. Speck cases are nice.

Depends!

I've dropped my phone countless times in the leather and silicone cases without issue. Tile floor, wood floor, garage floor, etc. Usually from waist high. It's no Otterbox but it does well :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Depends!

I've dropped my phone countless times in the leather and silicone cases without issue. Tile floor, wood floor, garage floor, etc. Usually from waist high. It's no Otterbox but it does well :)

Same here. My Apple leather case has taken a beating but my phone remains in perfect condition.
I wish I had the guts to go caseless. I'm too darn clumsy!

Peter Trinder

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I use an Apple midnight blue silicon case for grip. But also use a carry bag into which I put the iPhone. The bag has a pouch for the charger plug and cable, so never without the important bits!

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've seen too many co-workers with cracked iPhone 6/s screens, most of which were dropped due to the phone being too 'slippery'. If handling the phone wasn't like carrying a bar of soap, I'd consider going caseless. Then again, I like having a screen free of cracks and shatters due to me wanting it to look 'pretty'.

duncanator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I looked at that case last week but couldn't tell how well it fit by the pictures on their site. If they would have used pictures similar to those that you uploaded, I would have bought one. It looks nice!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've seen too many co-workers with cracked iPhone 6/s screens, most of which were dropped due to the phone being too 'slippery'. If handling the phone wasn't like carrying a bar of soap, I'd consider going caseless. Then again, I like having a screen free of cracks and shatters due to me wanting it to look 'pretty'.

Absolutely!

I replace screens and fix phones on the side for family and friends all the time. I actually enjoy it. They insist on going caseless and are very confident in their handling, not I lol.

When going caseless, I can take a cracked screen here and there but there is no way I can take a scratched, dented or dinged up housing! It's just my ocd.

Mic2cool7

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If I plan on selling the device, I use a case and screen protector. If I plan on keeping it, no case and no screen protector. There's something about a naked iPhone that feels liberating. I've also never broken a phone so I think it just comes down to your own personal preferences.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Case or no case is a user choice.

What you DON'T get to do (even though half the universe seems to), is use a case and then criticise anything to do with the phone's design or have opinions about "Design" in general.

If you're putting the thing in a rubber ring or some cheesy ruggedized case, you're essentially saying that you don't care about form factor, looks, or the actual design of the phone.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is indeed (a bit) slippery. The iPhone 6s is night and day different and not slippery at all.

The real issue here though is that people are clumsy, not that the iPhone design is "slippery."

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually use a thin case like the Air Skin but bought one of the Hemp wraps from SlickWraps on 420 and it has the best grip of any skin I have tried.

Fits very well also. No drop protection but provides the additional grip I wanted without the bulk.

[url]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff390/Radeon962/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_193832_zps0zrglmpn.jpg[/URL]

I understand people are clumsy and the reason for using a case, but I don't understand why anyone would use a "glass protector" of any kind on the front. None of them are even close to the hardness, scratch resistance, and protection offered by the iPhone front glass itself. Not even close. In most cases it's plain old window glass, or soft plastic. The plastic ones can even *increase* the likelihood of scratching the glass underneath and ALL of them decrease the sensitivity of the touch screen to some degree.

Any impact strong enough to break the "protector" will also surely shatter the iPhone glass as well, especially now that the iPhone front glass is curved and the edge (which is the part that is most prone to impacts) has to be naked anyway. What's the logic behind, "I'm going to put this big ole piece of cheap window glass on the front of my phone." ???

When you re-sell this thing, you will have to slather it with solvents to get all that mess off, and the person buying it is going to think it's "pristine" when in fact it will be full of gasoline or whatever was used to get off the glue that makes it stick. That's not very nice.

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've always used an Otter Box Defender for my phones (or a similar type case when none available) for work and something slimmer for the rest of the day. I used to have one of those Invisible Shield protectors on my iPhone 4/s and it kept them in great condition. The metallic backs on my 5s and 6 feel like they scratch easily so I prefer to have covered. I have gone without a case for a couple of hours ever now and then, but I always come back to having a case. I also use the tempered glass protectors on some, it keeps them looking nice and free of those hairline scratches you get over time.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is indeed (a bit) slippery. The iPhone 6s is night and day different and not slippery at all.

The real issue here though is that people are clumsy, not that the iPhone design is "slippery."

I just took my 6S out of its case to test. Gonna have to disagree with you, it's quite slippery.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner