iPhone 6s Plus @ 6 Months

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Well 6 moths later coming from Windows phone iOS is so vanilla does nothing till you tap on something . Yeah it just works but wow how bland and I see the cool thing android and the note series phones do with s pens etc . Seems as one can do a lot more on one of those notes . It like android takes advantage of the larger screens were iOS really doesn't

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
You heard rumors that are mostly false. There's not a dimes difference in the chips. I like having the Samsung chip. On average, the TSMC chip has a slightly better battery life. Maybe. My Samsung chip has done well though. No complaints. The Samsung chip does better in other areas. So they sort of balance our.

Thanks your reply is very helpful for me.But i think there is no difference b/w battery life too bcoz i have used both of chips and I don't feel that samsung chip has less battery life. I also noticed that samsung chip is more faster than TSMC chip. And if you are talking about 2 to 3 percentage difference then its not a difference bcoz same chip models can have this difference. My opinion is that samsung chip is good than TSMC. No problems at all

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
My first smartphone is the 6S Plus that I received on Christmas 2015. Since I've never really known anything else, I have no complaints about it being different.

Two weeks ago my wife decided to go to a smartphone too, so we went to get another 6S Plus. However, the salesman totally talked her out of the Plus. He said every single woman that bought the Plus, returned it within 2 or 3 days.

She decided on the regular 6S, and regretted it almost immediately. She kept comparing it to my Plus, by using it, carrying it, etc. Her vision is such that she really benefits from the larger screen. After a couple of days of comparison, she took her 6S back and got the 6S Plus. She's had it only 2 weeks now, but she is totally happy with the larger size.

We're in our 60's and always shared one cheapo pre-paid phone we got at Target. We don't regret the move to smartphones, and we don't regret the iPhone 6S Plus choices either. I do find Apple menus in general less intuitive than the Androids I've seen, but we're learning. Now if I could just drag and drop a damn pdf to the phone, I'd be happy. The whole iTunes syncing from one PC thing sucks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone is the 6S Plus that I received on Christmas 2015. Since I've never really known anything else, I have no complaints about it being different.

Two weeks ago my wife decided to go to a smartphone too, so we went to get another 6S Plus. However, the salesman totally talked her out of the Plus. He said every single woman that bought the Plus, returned it within 2 or 3 days.

She decided on the regular 6S, and regretted it almost immediately. She kept comparing it to my Plus, by using it, carrying it, etc. Her vision is such that she really benefits from the larger screen. After a couple of days of comparison, she took her 6S back and got the 6S Plus. She's had it only 2 weeks now, but she is totally happy with the larger size.

We're in our 60's and always shared one cheapo pre-paid phone we got at Target. We don't regret the move to smartphones, and we don't regret the iPhone 6S Plus choices either. I do find Apple menus in general less intuitive than the Androids I've seen, but we're learning. Now if I could just drag and drop a damn pdf to the phone, I'd be happy. The whole iTunes syncing from one PC thing sucks.

I'm 63. I love the 6s Plus. So do my eyes. I've had an iPhone for over 4 years and haven't synced to iTunes since I got my iPhone 5 in August of 2013. But I don't have a lot of music. I do my back ups to iCloud. Enjoy your phone!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just sold mine recently. I went back to a 6s a few weeks ago. My carpel tunnel was killing me with the bigger screen. Wrist is doing much better with the 4.7 screen. I'll stay here until fall and re-evaluate size then. Also happy that my phone fits comfortably in my pockets again.

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago, I picked up a used 6S after having the 6S Plus since early December. At first I loved the larger phone, because of the bigger screen, and battery life, among other things. However, I never got used to the weight of the phone. I agree with corgirat above that the phone is too darn heavy!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The weight of the 6s Plus feels great to me! It's even heavier with the Otterbox. And I love it! I can't find one single downside to report. Well, ok, one. Too much bezel top and bottom. But that's it!

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's a tad bit heavy. I love the size for the eyes. The battery life and spectacular. Had the 6 but one of your forum members tricked me into getting the 6S plus 🖐🏾

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had pretty much every phone out there at one time or another. I even had a 6 Plus for a couple of days, but returned it cause it was too big lol.

I'm now on a 6s Plus and I can honestly say this is the best phone I've ever used. Period.

If you would've asked me 2 weeks ago, I would've said my SE. Now that I have a full 10 days with the 6s Plus, my search is over lol. The battery life, big beautiful screen and nice/wide keyboard are what has me so happy. An Apple silicone case has made it that much better as well....

Since buying my 6s Plus, the SE has gone up for sale.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still enjoying my Space Gray 6s Plus and can't imagine going back to a smaller screen. Every now and then I think about the customization of Android and then I remember......

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to a 6S Plus in late December 2015. Enjoying mine quite a bit, highly unlikely I'll ever go back to a smaller screen. I particularly enjoy the massive battery life as I can go two full days (48hrs or more on standby) on a single charge with semi-moderate use. All in all, very content with mine.

Now if I could just drag and drop a damn pdf to the phone, I'd be happy. The whole iTunes syncing from one PC thing sucks.

You could just email / iMessage (if you're using a Mac) yourself the PDF to your phone, no need for an iTunes sync. Or if you can open the PDF from your phone if it's in an email attachment or someone sent it to you somehow, that can also be imported directly to your iPhone from your iPhone.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After I guess over 6 months, I finally decided to go for a plus size iPhone and got the 6s plus rose gold and so far I love this phone, familiar with iPhone since I been an iPhone user for quite some time. Color is starting to grow on me and I'm loving the force touch features and the Live Photos which I am still getting use to. Screen, love it. This is a phone I can see myself having for a next 2 years or so

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the 6s Plus. It's a great phone. The size of the phone, however, is becoming an annoyance for me. I'm seriously thinking about selling mine and buying an iPhone SE. I recently got an iPad and don't need a phablet anymore. I picked up and used a SE for a few minutes at the Apple Store a few weeks ago and I loved the size.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks your reply is very helpful for me.But i think there is no difference b/w battery life too bcoz i have used both of chips and I don't feel that samsung chip has less battery life. I also noticed that samsung chip is more faster than TSMC chip. And if you are talking about 2 to 3 percentage difference then its not a difference bcoz same chip models can have this difference. My opinion is that samsung chip is good than TSMC. No problems at all

I found out t hat mine was TSMC and I had very positive experience so far. I don't have samsung chip to compare though!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods