Best way to record calls on an iPhone 6s+?

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I'm moving from a BlackBerry Priv on Android over to the iPhone 6s Plus. On my Priv, and prior phones, I would use an app to record calls.

However, on iOS the apps all require subscriptions of some sort because of the odd way they have to work (hosting a phone line that will record the calls for you), presumably because of a lack of APIs.

So my question is, what's the best way to record phone calls? Do I have to suck it up and pay an app subscription, or is there a good external recorder that I can plug into the phone perhaps? I'm a journalism student and I have to record interviews on my phone very often, so I'd prefer not to have to pay for a certain number of recording minutes - I'll plough through them pretty quickly.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I read online that Google Voice will record incoming calls (only :/) for free.

Here's one a physical recorder I read about online: http://www.amazon.com/Recorder-Conv...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2724172

Although I don't know how good it is. I think buying a physical one would save you money over time, and last for phones in the future! (However the one I linked hooks through the headphone jack, and possibly iphone 7 won't include a headphone jack so maybe a bluetooth one would be good if you're hoping to make an investment for future phones.)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

There's a slew of really good articles out there for journalists all about recording interviews, which give lists of both external recorders and phone apps. Just Google for "phone recorder for journalism" or something similar.

Although, seems to me the cheaper option is an external recorder and the good old fashioned speaker on the phone. I would think paying a subscription in your case would not be cost effective. Choose the options that are best for you though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73