How can I add memory to an iPhone 6s plus?

I

iMore Question

how can i add memory to iPhone 6s plus

i can not update garageband on my iPhone 6s plus because of low memory how can i expand my memory

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The iPhone's memory is NOT upgradable. You either make room by deleting apps/files (especially movies/videos) or buy a new device with enough storage.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
That's why after originally getting the 16GB....I went back and exchanged it for the 128 version. It'll last forever, as I do not store music on my phone, and photo's all sync to my google photos app on the phone,and once I assure they're there, I delete from my phone. I can install TONS of apps though, with no worries. :-D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can i add memory to iPhone 6s plus

If you refer to storage space, you can't. You can delete stuff so you can add new stuff.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The only way you can do this is to buy an iPhone with more storage out of the box, or delete apps/pictures/files to clear space. If you're within the 14-day return period you can exchange for a model with more storage, or check out sites like swappa to buy used and sell your current iPhone to make up most of the cost.

J_Thomas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

When you say memory are you talking RAM or are you talking about storage space? If you're talking memory, it is not possible to add more.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

I have have the 64GB version and I use OneDrive (1TB); all of my photos and videos auto upload. I also download to my 12TB every so often.

I try not to store a lot on my phone for long periods.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

You could purchase more iCloud storage and upload things to iCloud Drive like videos and music. You could access them through iCloud Drive on your phone but you would need an Internet connection to do that.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

I have the 64GB version. It's by far large enough for what I do. I also purchased the 50GB iCloud storage plan with it so I can have my phone back up things to it and use it to make more space on my phone if necessary.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some third paety memory "expanders" floating around the interwebs, basically they are just flash drives that attach via the lightening connector. Wish I could remember where I saw them and I'd link back to them but the old memory ain't what it used to be the old memory ain't what it used to be.

rk249

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Mophie has a case that adds storage and charges your battery, you just move media and photos to it. Switch to streaming music that should free up space. Also there are wifi connected hard drives from companies like seagate which you use.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Memory is RAM. You mean storage space. Delete some things.

Agreed. In all honesty, I thought I would miss having a microSD card slot, but I don't. Like I said previously, I have Office 365 which comes with 1TB of OneDrive, and the every so often I off load photos on my NAS. I also have a Western Digital My Passport Wireless.

I have 170GB of music. I obviously can't upload my entire collection. I do have it uploaded to OneDrive and can access it through Microsoft Groove.

About the only advantage having the ability of expanding storage is that allows users to not have to stream as much music/video. If you are among the very large population that has limited data, then I can see how that could become problematic.

LoucyC

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Firstly you should know what exactly is using up your iphone space, to know this, go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud -> Manage Storage.

Then, you can delete some unwanted apps. And for useful apps, uninstall and reinstall them, by this way the app caches and other related junk files will be removed., so as to get some iphone storage.

Another fast way, is to transfer your data to icloud and delete them on your iphone.

Well, there are also freewares to deleting junk files and temporary files, you can have a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2