New iPhone 6s Plus user

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I was a long time samsung phone user with my note 4.
But i recently upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB model.
Its schedule to be shipped today. Im excited. This will be my first iPhone. Any tips on what to do when i get it?
I also have an iPad air 2 that i love.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I was a long time samsung phone user with my note 4.
But i recently upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB model.
Its schedule to be shipped today. Im excited. This will be my first iPhone. Any tips on what to do when i get it?
I also have an iPad air 2 that i love.

Welcome to iMore and the iPhone crowd! Set it up and start to enjoy using it. Make sure you turn on Find My Phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The experience on the iPad will get you off and running fast. They're a lot alike. But should you encounter problems, we're here to help.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I think a glass protector would be a good idea.

I hate my note 4. Its got so many problems.

I cant wait to get my iphone. Its scheduled to be delivered tuesday.

Devilsden

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Is iOS is really better than android? i'm new to this stuff!

it is not that IOS is better than Android, I have had Android on a note 3 and while I loved the customization of android there were several issues that caused me to come back to IOS. The biggest issue with Android was how long it took for the new operating system to be released on the handsets. With IOS everyone gets it at the same time. If a security patch needs to be issued everyone gets it the same day. With Android the process could take anywhere from a month to over a year before it is released for a handset.

The other issue I had was that I had several issues with the charging port on my Note and had to get a replacement handset. I would have to go back into the handset and close all the bloat programs that come preinstalled on the devise. With IOS if you are backing up to itunes or the cloud all you need to do is restore it from your last back-up and everything is the same as it was on your previous phone.

Again I love the customization of Android but these two points were what caused me to come back to the iphone.

bizymare

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! I would go through all the security settings and then get a good case that feels OK in your hand. Because the phone is so big, some cases make it uncomfortable in my hand and others are fine. Enjoy!

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
it is not that IOS is better than Android, I have had Android on a note 3 and while I loved the customization of android there were several issues that caused me to come back to IOS. The biggest issue with Android was how long it took for the new operating system to be released on the handsets. With IOS everyone gets it at the same time. If a security patch needs to be issued everyone gets it the same day. With Android the process could take anywhere from a month to over a year before it is released for a handset.

The other issue I had was that I had several issues with the charging port on my Note and had to get a replacement handset. I would have to go back into the handset and close all the bloat programs that come preinstalled on the devise. With IOS if you are backing up to itunes or the cloud all you need to do is restore it from your last back-up and everything is the same as it was on your previous phone.

Again I love the customization of Android but these two points were what caused me to come back to the iphone.

Excellent points, the fragmentation of Android was/is the main problem. As you said you never know when or even if you will see so much as a security update. Otherwise it's a great OS.

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
When you get your phone today check the settings later on for the update to 9.3. I really like that it has the new night shift mode on it that works similar to some of the ones that you can get for android to filter out the blue light from your phone.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
When you get your phone today check the settings later on for the update to 9.3. I really like that it has the new night shift mode on it that works similar to some of the ones that you can get for android to filter out the blue light from your phone.

Ok cool thanks I'll look for it

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I hate how painfully long android takes to update OS systems
It drove me nuts. Also I had battery life problems with OS updates on old android tablets. Among other issues. I'm done with android.

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same reason I moved away from Android. Also I haven't experienced a phone with better battery life than the 6 Plus. Battery champ is all I can say.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Bad Larry

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the same reason I moved away from Android. Also I haven't experienced a phone with better battery life than the 6 Plus. Battery champ is all I can say.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Absolutely! For all the reasons above and more, the iPhone 6S Plus is the best device I have ever owned.
Welcome aboard Yoshimiya08, enjoy it!

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone !! I came from the note line as well. Something that helped me with the switch was google application in the App Store . Google photos, Drive, Google Search , and google music all work great with the iPhone ! Enjoy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73